Hate the CST - what a poop rag.

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 299 times
Been liked: 119 times

Newer light the past few weeks - things brought to my attention...

More detrimental to UW (academically & athletically) than ever helpful.

It is like they have a major axe to grind, and are run by CSU and BYU grads or something.

I am officially boycotting everything CST.

:willybs:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 32 times

I think Vorel has done a really good job for UW athletics.. far better than Frederickson and Schmoldt did. Frederickson was here with an axe to grind and get his name in the paper.. he's hopped two jobs since leaving the CST.
ImageImageImageImage
mwc fan
Cowpoke

Yep Vorel is a pretty darn good hire. This guy earns every dime he makes, the players like him and because of him I now read his columns daily.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

Agree that Vorel has done a pretty good job, especially considering the butchering from Frederickson (and frankly Schmoldt as well).

That said, wouldn't surprise me if there is an agenda...to be exposed down the road. That, and athletics / sports are only a fraction of the real issue(s).
Dear Karma,

WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 104 times

If you think the CST is bad, you should check out the WTE. Gags and company do an awesome job with the sports section, but the general news section has an agenda to bash all aspects of the education system. Reed Eckhardt is an ass, and his paper reflects his personality and all-knowingness.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

A newspaper's job is to report the news, both good and bad. It's not the paper's job to carry UW's water. If you want that kind of writing, stick to these kind of message boards and blogs.
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

SDPokeFan wrote:A newspaper's job is to report the news, both good and bad. It's not the paper's job to carry UW's water. If you want that kind of writing, stick to these kind of message boards and blogs.
The problem is opinions and vendetaas should not be part of the newspapers' agenda.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

Wyolie Coyote wrote:
SDPokeFan wrote:A newspaper's job is to report the news, both good and bad. It's not the paper's job to carry UW's water. If you want that kind of writing, stick to these kind of message boards and blogs.
The problem is opinions and vendetaas should not be part of the newspapers' agenda.
Exactly. All the digging, prying, prodding, snooping, inquiring, etc., just to expose and create a poop storm at UW. I get it, they are in business to sell subscriptions - and controversy along with mud slinging do that job just fine for them. They prance around acting like the National Enquirer...and have cost UW mightily in many areas.

I am done with that f-word of a news "outlet".
Dear Karma,

WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

McPeachy wrote:Agree that Vorel has done a pretty good job, especially considering the butchering from Frederickson (and frankly Schmoldt as well).

That said, wouldn't surprise me if there is an agenda...to be exposed down the road. That, and athletics / sports are only a fraction of the real issue(s).
The city of Casper has an agenda against everything UW. They believe UW should be in Casper - not in Laramie (the same goes for the state capitol too).
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 43 times

WYCowboy wrote:
McPeachy wrote:Agree that Vorel has done a pretty good job, especially considering the butchering from Frederickson (and frankly Schmoldt as well).

The city of Casper has an agenda against everything UW. They believe UW should be in Casper - not in Laramie (the same goes for the state capitol too).
Hey, I'm from Casper. To be quite honest, Casper deserves a four-year university, not a lame junior college. :roll: :tickedoff:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

Wyokie wrote:Hey, I'm from Casper. To be quite honest, Casper deserves a four-year university, not a lame junior college. :roll: :tickedoff:
I can't believe you claimed that! I think another 4 year in Wyoming is a major mistake - especially in Casper - as there are too many meth head f-word that live there eating government cheese.

:whistle:
Dear Karma,

zappinpoke
Cowpoke

Brew_Poke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 2 times

WYCowboy wrote:

Yep. When they were told that they could have a UW satellite, a 4-year school, "UW-Casper" they turned it down, because they want their own separate 4-year school that's not UW. f-word 'em. Petty small minded politicians and bureaucrats.
HR_Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Brew_Poke wrote:
WYCowboy wrote:

Yep. When they were told that they could have a UW satellite, a 4-year school, "UW-Casper" they turned it down, because they want their own separate 4-year school that's not UW. f-word 'em. Petty small minded politicians and bureaucrats.
Reminds me of Sheridan......
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 40 times

As Mark Twain said:

If you do not read the paper you are uninformed.

If you do read the paper you are misinformed.
Lost Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 15 times

Wyokie wrote:
WYCowboy wrote:

Hey, I'm from Casper. To be quite honest, Casper deserves a four-year university, not a lame junior college. :roll: :tickedoff:
Good lord, then we could have two four year institutions with 6000 students each. Idaho, Idaho State...Wyoming, Wyoming State. Buh-bye D1 athletics.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Then watch LCCC become Cheyenne St. and go from JUCO to D1 then win BCS Bowls....and be better than Wyo and Wyo State in football.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
zappinpoke
Cowpoke

BeaverPoke wrote:Then watch LCCC become Cheyenne St. and go from JUCO to D1 then win BCS Bowls....and be better than Wyo and Wyo State in football.
Say's the young naive one
zappinpoke
Cowpoke

HR_Poke wrote:
Brew_Poke wrote:
WYCowboy wrote:

Reminds me of Sheridan......
How so? Being from
Sheridan I''d like to hear your opinion.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

zappinpoke wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:Then watch LCCC become Cheyenne St. and go from JUCO to D1 then win BCS Bowls....and be better than Wyo and Wyo State in football.
Say's the young naive one
I was making a comparison to Idaho-Idaho State and Boise State :roll:
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.