DQ and Dawaiian out of the AZ Bowl

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 31 times

Joey Braasch will be the starter in the Arizona Bowl with DQ and Dawaiian still out injured. Looks like an opportunity for some young guys to put themselves in a better depth chart position heading into next season.
ImageImageImageImage
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Jordan Vaughn, LJ Richardson, Max Jones and Jeremy Hollingsworth are the only other RBs on the roster.
W-Y, Until I Die!
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

MrTitleist wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:41 pm .... with DQ and Dawaiian still out injured....
Uh, no problem. Just go with the passing game. Uh, Uh, wait a minute....
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

Adv8RU12 wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:18 pm
MrTitleist wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:41 pm .... with DQ and Dawaiian still out injured....
:rofl: :thumb:
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

They're gonna have to pull someone out of the stands to run the ball.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Adv8RU12 wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:18 pm
In all seriousness - Being the last game of the year and missing our running weapons, we better be calling some designed runs for Peasley and utilizing his speed. I wouldn't be shocked if we see a game similar to last year's Potato Bowl where Levi Williams was the focus of the running game rattling off 200 yards on 16 carries.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

SDPokeFan wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:12 pm They're gonna have to pull someone out of the stands to run the ball.
Peasley is FAST. We've just been afraid all year to use him.
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 82 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:19 pm
SDPokeFan wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:12 pm They're gonna have to pull someone out of the stands to run the ball.
Peasley is FAST. We've just been afraid all year to use him.
Reminds me of a guy I went to school with who was good enough to get a scholarship to play at USC but never played because he got hurt all the time. Peasley is FAST but not durable enough to take the hits if he becomes the focus of the running game.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

MrTitleist wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:41 pm Joey Braasch will be the starter in the Arizona Bowl with DQ and Dawaiian still out injured. Looks like an opportunity for some young guys to put themselves in a better depth chart position heading into next season.
Braasch decided he didn’t want to handle a heavy workload and bounced before the game. He will regret that decision IMO.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 273 times
Been liked: 118 times

Well…………maybe one of our defensive backs, or linebackers, or defensive lineman or backup QBs, or OLineman once played RB……….
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 115 times

Insane. Why wouldn't the kid want to play? He could only help himself regardless if he planned on entering the portal.

Weird.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:58 am
MrTitleist wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:41 pm Joey Braasch will be the starter in the Arizona Bowl with DQ and Dawaiian still out injured. Looks like an opportunity for some young guys to put themselves in a better depth chart position heading into next season.
Braasch decided he didn’t want to handle a heavy workload and bounced before the game. He will regret that decision IMO.
In this transfer situation, allow me to say...f-word YOU JOEY, good riddance, and may your football career end up in the sewer quicker than you can say "I am a douchebag".
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 31 times

Wild turn of events in less than two days.
ImageImageImageImage
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

McPeachy wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:58 am

In this transfer situation, allow me to say...[#]f##k YOU JOEY, good riddance, and may your football career end up in the sewer quicker than you can say "I am a douchebag".
I'm not going to call a player that. I don't know their individual circumstance.

But I'll say this, like any other professional, I have changed jobs over the years. HOWEVER, one thing I have always done is to stay with the current job (and even do free side work while in the new job) to make sure the co-workers I am leaving behind are not left with an unbearable workload understanding that they have families and commitments too. I would never leave my co-workers or teammates high and dry. I don't know Joey Braasch and his circumstances but I highly doubt that I'd want him as an employee or co-worker.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:06 am
McPeachy wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:58 am

In this transfer situation, allow me to say...[#]f##k YOU JOEY, good riddance, and may your football career end up in the sewer quicker than you can say "I am a douchebag".
I'm not going to call a player that. I don't know their individual circumstance.

But I'll say this, like any other professional, I have changed jobs over the years. HOWEVER, one thing I have always done is to stay with the current job (and even do free side work while in the new job) to make sure the co-workers I am leaving behind are not left with an unbearable workload understanding that they have families and commitments too. I would never leave my co-workers or teammates high and dry. I don't know Joey Braasch and his circumstances but I highly doubt that I'd want him as an employee or co-worker.
I don't have a problem, in this situation, calling him that - or worse.

His timing shows an utter lack of respect for the University of Wyoming, his fellow teammates, and his coaches. f-word him.

On the same topic, as fans, how can players expect us to be "loyal" to them (or even give a poop about them), when they are not loyal to our beloved University?
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 82 times

MrTitleist wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:00 am

That is an understatement. My wife was dropping hints she wanted to go to the bowl game, I am going to inform her that we should skip the game and spend the money going to some other warm weather place for a few days. The way things are looking , it sounds like most of team has similar plans.
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 80 times

Something is not right in Laramie. I understand that our better players might go into the porthole to move to a P5. The others...like Braasch? Why?
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

doreno5 wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:37 am
MrTitleist wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:00 am

That is an understatement. My wife was dropping hints she wanted to go to the bowl game, I am going to inform her that we should skip the game and spend the money going to some other warm weather place for a few days. The way things are looking , it sounds like most of team has similar plans.
Because the dates conflict with other dates of travel for me and my family, I unfortunately cannot go. But I have the opposite outlook, the more some of these guys jump ship, the more I want to go to support those that at least stayed through the bowl game and who are actually proud to wear the Brown and Gold and support their teammates. I hope our RBs (whoever they may be) run wild and make Braasch look like a complete clown for leaving an undermanned team before the game. I hope our backups on defense rise to the occasion just as the defense has done this year after last year's portal mess.

The portal is open until January 18. The guys leaving before the game have lost a ton of respect from me.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

LawPoke wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:41 am Something is not right in Laramie. I understand that our better players might go into the porthole to move to a P5. The others...like Braasch? Why?
There are always a myriad of reasons why someone might transfer.

But with Braasch (and some of the others) the better question is why the timing? At an undermanned position, Braasch abandoned his teammates before the bowl game regardless of what he thinks of the coaching staff. Unless he has a compeliing reason (such as family issue), he could have played in the game and still entered the portal after. In fact, playing in the game could only help him in terms of visibility. He has such a small amount of college tape that it is doubtful to me he lands an FBS scholly.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times

He played in 6 or 7 games, right? He isn't preserving eligibility.

This one makes no sense. I'm guessing he was gone regardless and got it in his mind that it was best to avoid injury.

It's important Bohl work through these guys. Everyone is blaming Bohl, but I'm thinking there's a cancerous core. It happens. Hopefully the cancers get cut out for good this year.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.