DQ and Dawaiian out of the AZ Bowl

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:57 am He played in 6 or 7 games, right? He isn't preserving eligibility.

This one makes no sense. I'm guessing he was gone regardless and got it in his mind that it was best to avoid injury.

It's important Bohl work through these guys. Everyone is blaming Bohl, but I'm thinking there's a cancerous core. It happens. Hopefully the cancers get cut out for good this year.
He already used his redshirt last year so he isn't preserving any eligibility. He is just bailing on his teammates.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

Braasch "was also recruited by Northern Iowa and South Dakota State." Combined with his lack of college game film and concerns with leaving a depleted team before their game, he might struggle to land a scholly anywhere.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:08 pm Braasch "was also recruited by Northern Iowa and South Dakota State." Combined with his lack of college game film and concerns with leaving a depleted team before their game, he might struggle to land a scholly anywhere.
Wouldn't break my heart to see his career end with a whimper at some irrelevant DIII school.

Transfer Portal & NIL - not good for my health, I need to back away and let it go...
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

Here's a list of the healthy running backs on the sqaud. One of them will start, most will probably play.

Jeremy Hollingsworth - 5'9" 212 lbs. - Soph. - Longmont, CO - 1 carry, 2 yards last year vs. Ball State
Max Jones - 6' 185 lbs. - Frosh. - Fort Collins, CO - No college stats
LJ Richardson - 6'1" 215 lbs. - Frosh. - Bellevue, NE - No college stats
Dalton Strouss - 5'8" 220 lbs. - RS Frosh. - San Luis Obispo, CA - No college stats
Jordon Vaughn - 6'2" 230 lbs. - RS Frosh. - Manvel, TX - No college stats

EDIT: It's been brought to my attention that Hollingsworth blew his knee in the spring, so he's probably unavailable.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:57 am He played in 6 or 7 games, right? He isn't preserving eligibility.

This one makes no sense. I'm guessing he was gone regardless and got it in his mind that it was best to avoid injury.

It's important Bohl work through these guys. Everyone is blaming Bohl, but I'm thinking there's a cancerous core. It happens. Hopefully the cancers get cut out for good this year.
I'd propose the cancer is a situation where a lot of the players and staff know what the problem is (lack of offense), but are frustrated by the person ultimately responsible stubbornly doing nothing about it. I can see players feeling like the captain is an on-board terrorist intent on getting the plane in the air but not concerned with sticking the landing.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

Wyovanian wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:42 pm

I'd propose the cancer is a situation where a lot of the players and staff know what the problem is (lack of offense), but are frustrated by the person ultimately responsible stubbornly doing nothing about it. I can see players feeling like the captain is an on-board terrorist intent on getting the plane in the air but not concerned with sticking the landing.
Could be or could be a group of entitled whiny players. Part of the reason the offense is stagnant is because of the players. They are largely a bunch of 2 stars almost nobody else in fbs wanted. Not sure they have room to point fingers. That person ultimately responsible stubbornly went forward anyway and gave them an opportunity at an education and continued football.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:58 am
MrTitleist wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:41 pm Joey Braasch will be the starter in the Arizona Bowl with DQ and Dawaiian still out injured. Looks like an opportunity for some young guys to put themselves in a better depth chart position heading into next season.
Braasch decided he didn’t want to handle a heavy workload and bounced before the game. He will regret that decision IMO.
Ya when he’s playing DIII next year
Lost Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 15 times

Did the coaching staff actually say he would start the bowl game? He may have already been told he was going to be invited to transfer.
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 80 times

Braasch is only a limited loss for the bowl game and that still remains to be seen. I'm hoping one of the young men that are listed (or several) come out like gang busters, with a chip on their shoulder. I'm hoping the OL blocks like it has never blocked before. I'm hoping Peasley can complete 70% of his passes and push back the safeties and linebackers. But Braasch is NO LOSS long-term - and perhaps not even short-term. He is, at best, number 2 on the 2-deep for most mid-to-higher tier FCS teams.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

Lost Poke wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:37 am Did the coaching staff actually say he would start the bowl game? He may have already been told he was going to be invited to transfer.
Yes. It is documented in an article that came out a day before he entered the portal. https://trib.com/sports/wyoming-cowboys ... 7355c.html

“Joey will step into the role right away and there will be a couple other kids who get reps in practice,” UW athletics director Tom Burman said. “We’ll find two or three running backs to play, and they’ll be good.”

To make matters worse, Braasch looks to be full of cowpies in his prior comments:

“I definitely feel like just coming here as a running back you know you’re going to probably have to wait your turn a little bit,” said Braasch, a three-star recruit from Colombus, Nebraska. “We’ve just got good backs that come in and out. You’ve got to develop some patience to be here, honestly, but it’s still a good feeling because you know you’re at the right place.”

“Being a Wyoming Cowboy running back, you know you’re going to have some big weight on your shoulders, and you’ve got to perform,” a prescient Braasch said during fall camp.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict

OrediggerPoke wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:14 am
Lost Poke wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:37 am Did the coaching staff actually say he would start the bowl game? He may have already been told he was going to be invited to transfer.
Yes. It is documented in an article that came out a day before he entered the portal. https://trib.com/sports/wyoming-cowboys ... 7355c.html

“Joey will step into the role right away and there will be a couple other kids who get reps in practice,” UW athletics director Tom Burman said. “We’ll find two or three running backs to play, and they’ll be good.”

To make matters worse, Braasch looks to be full of cowpies in his prior comments:

“I definitely feel like just coming here as a running back you know you’re going to probably have to wait your turn a little bit,” said Braasch, a three-star recruit from Colombus, Nebraska. “We’ve just got good backs that come in and out. You’ve got to develop some patience to be here, honestly, but it’s still a good feeling because you know you’re at the right place.”

“Being a Wyoming Cowboy running back, you know you’re going to have some big weight on your shoulders, and you’ve got to perform,” a prescient Braasch said during fall camp.
Funny how Burman's kind of eating his words. Sounds like someone has no idea of the pulse of the team.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Wyovanian wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:26 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:14 am

Funny how Burman's kind of eating his words. Sounds like someone has no idea of the pulse of the team.
The AD has very little interaction on a daily basis with the FB players, so not surprising. In order of people who would have an idea that a player wants to transfer: that player > his close friends on team > his position group > rest of the players > strength coaches > position coach > HC > AD.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

WestWYOPoke wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:56 pm
Wyovanian wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:26 pm

The AD has very little interaction on a daily basis with the FB players, so not surprising. In order of people who would have an idea that a player wants to transfer: that player > his close friends on team > his position group > rest of the players > strength coaches > position coach > HC > AD.
So, you are saying that Burman should have just kept his mufu mouth shut? Unlike the many times before - like "Wyoming will never pay a football coach more than $1,000,000".

:orly:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 31 times

McPeachy wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:37 am
So, you are saying that Burman should have just kept his mufu mouth shut? Unlike the many times before - like "Wyoming will never pay a football coach more than $1,000,000".

Burman probably wouldn't have had to say that had Bohl been at the bowl press conference on Monday.
ImageImageImageImage
sandiegopoke
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 76 times
Been liked: 15 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:06 am But I'll say this, like any other professional, I have changed jobs over the years. HOWEVER, one thing I have always done is to stay with the current job (and even do free side work while in the new job) to make sure the co-workers I am leaving behind are not left with an unbearable workload understanding that they have families and commitments too. I would never leave my co-workers or teammates high and dry. I don't know Joey Braasch and his circumstances but I highly doubt that I'd want him as an employee or co-worker.
I worked 13 hours my last day at the startup I worked at for 7.5 years. Being a professional means you hand things off. I also was laid off twice and never once went screaming into the night. My industry is much smaller than it looks. Burning bridges will cost you. College football is small too. I wish him the best, but he may find out things don't work out the way he wants.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict

McPeachy wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:37 am

:agree: