Cowboy assistant coach moving on

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 31 times

He was the director of player personnel.
ImageImageImageImage
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Strange timing for a director of recruiting a week before the transfer portal opens. Very curious what is going on. Worth noting his message does not thank Coach Bohl for the opportunity...
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

Just wonder if this is the beginning of the end of the Bohl Era in Laramie.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 80 times

Wyokie wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:17 am Just wonder if this is the beginning of the end of the Bohl Era in Laramie.
I don't want to read too much into a coach leaving, but you have to wonder if Bohl is still motivated to coach like he once was. The game is passing him by. His offensive philosophy. Player attitudes. The portal. NIL. It all cuts against the grain for CB. If you are a development guy and all the guys you develop just leave, you have to wonder if you still have the juice and ability to compete.
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 82 times

LawPoke wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:28 am
Wyokie wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:17 am Just wonder if this is the beginning of the end of the Bohl Era in Laramie.
I don't want to read too much into a coach leaving, but you have to wonder if Bohl is still motivated to coach like he once was. The game is passing him by. His offensive philosophy. Player attitudes. The portal. NIL. It all cuts against the grain for CB. If you are a development guy and all the guys you develop just leave, you have to wonder if you still have the juice and ability to compete.
The timing given the departure of Swen, upcoming Bowl game ,ongoing recruiting with a December 21st signing day, and lack of any comments by or about Bohl are all weird.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

He and Swen were caught talking poop lol
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

LawPoke wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:28 am
As much as I hate to say it Bohl is a dinosaur in today's CFB landscape.
I'm good for 3!
bullbugle307
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 21 times

LanderPoke wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:32 pm He and Swen were caught talking Sh#t lol
He and Swen were caught telling Bohl what he needs to hear…the truth.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Hunter S. Thompson
PokesNCider
Buckaroo

Have heard the cowboys recruiting department is a mess and that is why Ian left. Could be something to it since the executive director of recruiting mentioned hitting the road recruiting after the Fresno game in an article with Cody when it was actually a dead period….
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

PokesNCider wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:30 pm Have heard the cowboys recruiting department is a mess and that is why Ian left. Could be something to it since the executive director of recruiting mentioned hitting the road recruiting after the Fresno game in an article with Cody when it was actually a dead period….
I heard he got into it with Bohl and got himself canned
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

LanderPoke wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:06 pm
PokesNCider wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:30 pm Have heard the cowboys recruiting department is a mess and that is why Ian left. Could be something to it since the executive director of recruiting mentioned hitting the road recruiting after the Fresno game in an article with Cody when it was actually a dead period….

If true, Bohl sure has a knack for pissing people off!!!!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Bohl probably told him to stop giving out scholarships and do more preferred walk-ons because it makes for a better story.
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 82 times

The "recruiting trip" was probably him going on the road to interview for other jobs.