Titus Swen dismissed from Cowboy football

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 31 times

UW release says Swen has been dismissed.
Swen’s dismissal is effective immediately. Swen will remain on scholarship until the completion of the current Fall 2022 semester so that he can complete his classes for this semester.

“Titus Swen’s personal conduct is below the standard necessary to be a member of Cowboy Football,” said Bohl.
ImageImageImageImage
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Wow, huge loss! He must have done something really bad for this quick of action.
flyfishwyo
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 123 times
Been liked: 50 times

MrTitleist wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:25 pm UW release says Swen has been dismissed.
Swen’s dismissal is effective immediately. Swen will remain on scholarship until the completion of the current Fall 2022 semester so that he can complete his classes for this semester.

“Titus Swen’s personal conduct is below the standard necessary to be a member of Cowboy Football,” said Bohl.
I'm not surprised. The OPI at Fresno showed he was at the end of his rope.
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 60 times

Holy moley! Sad to hear.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

Obviously none of us will know what exactly happened that caused Swen to be dismissed from the team but if I had to take a guess....he probably "talked" back at the coaches for the dumb call at the end of a VERY winnable Boise State game which, of, course, pissed off the coaches.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Well poop
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Sucks to lose such a big part of our offense but understandable if his conduct is out of line.
I'm good for 3!
sandiegopoke
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 76 times
Been liked: 15 times

I wish him luck and hope he learns from this. I have a teen age nephew that I adopted and they do not think things out before acting, unfortunately.
DamThatRiver22
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 35 times

He's been pretty visibly teetering on the edge of exploding the last couple games. Whether it's at the coaches, other players, himself, who knows. But he's been irate.

Obviously there's lines you can't cross and if he crossed one, dismissing him is 100% understandable.

BUT...he's not the only player that's been extremely unhappy since the end of the BSU game, and the Fresno State game showed a blatant level of "quit" that should raise some eyebrows.

Actual football stuff aside...we JUST got done cleaning house and fixing some apparently big locker room issues from last year. If Bohl loses this team too, we've got bigger issues than criticizing his offensive philosophy.
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 80 times

At the end of the Boise game, it appeared that Titus was extremely peeved - and had good reason. Watching him run at Fresno - he looked and played differently. It's a big loss.
Wyomingisgreat1
Buckaroo
Been liked: 1 time

Bohl doesn't usually doesn't kick someone off the team unless it is legal trouble.
DamThatRiver22
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 35 times

LawPoke wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:10 pm At the end of the Boise game, it appeared that Titus was extremely peeved - and had good reason. Watching him run at Fresno - he looked and played differently. It's a big loss.
The whole team looked completely lethargic and totally apathetic, but yea Swen in particular seemed to be playing at another level of "not giving a poop". There's were numerous runs that I thought he could have broken for several more yards, but he just gave up on the play or didn't bother to make an incredibly easy cut.

My guess is he finally blew up at the coaches or at another player in a way that made dismissal automatic, or maybe he just lost all give a f-word and went out and got in trouble in town.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Frustration, arguments, and even visible anger will usually never get someone kicked off a football team. Even a Bohl team.

Swen will land on a P5 team who puts a blind eye to behavior and life will go on.
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 60 times

djm19 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:41 pm Frustration, arguments, and even visible anger will usually never get someone kicked off a football team. Even a Bohl team.

Swen will land on a P5 team who puts a blind eye to behavior and life will go on.
In general...I think you are right...but there is a limit I suppose.
djm19
WyoNation Addict

His profile picture says a lot. Burning it down.

He may have crossed a line with words. But man, there are a lot of missing details here that don't make sense.

https://twitter.com/Titus_F_Swen?t=eTDH ... 8YCSA&s=09
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

He was planning on leaving at the end of this year regardless. He is a great player and I hope he hits the ground running either in the NFL or at another place he can get paid. Hopefully DQ, McNeily, and Braasch are good to go.

At some point I can’t think this is compounded by sucking so bad on passing game.
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy

This is on par with what I have heard in similar instances.
djm19
WyoNation Addict

The number of people patronizing his Twitter right now is silly.

My opinion has always been my loyalty is to Wyoming football. Not the coach. Not a player.

Seeing Pokes fans comment to him, "You deserve so much more" is ridiculous. More than what? A scholarship? An opportunity? A chance to succeed? Being THEE featured player in a run first offense every play just so you can move on to something "bigger and better?" GTHOH with that nonsense. Wyo gave him a chance that no one else did.

I do wish him the best. But my loyalty to the Pokes will always come first. I'm not going to patronize a player who may not want to be here anyway. Despite any coaching issues or whatever. It's all noise.

I will always respect Swen. He did so much for the Cowboys. But I'm all in on the next guy who will be afforded that same scholarship and opportunity.

And yes, I still agree that Bohl can't connect with players. Swen will be fine.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

wyocowboy2014 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:27 pm Image

I am not buying that is the extent of it. Was the anonymous source Titus Swen?

Keyon Blankenbaker similarly left the team and announced his intention to enter the transfer portal prior to last year's Potato Bowl. There was no announcement that he was being kicked off the team then.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

wyocowboy2014 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:27 pm Image

Why did Bohl wait for Titus to phone it in at Fresno to announce Titus is kicked off the team? Why not hold Titus out and announce it sooner? Doesn't make a ton of sense. Not sure I buy this