Titus Swen dismissed from Cowboy football

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 60 times

marcuswyo wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:53 pm Fans can’t make Bohl look in the mirror to reevaluate his offense, I think we may find out if the players can.

That’s your ego from Bohl.
Well...lots of coaches (all with massive ego) change their schemes, fire non-productive coordinators, and generally adapt to changing strategies. I don't think his ego is holding him back....it's just plain stubbornness and perhaps literal inability. If he can't change....then he can't change.
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 82 times

307bball wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:00 am
marcuswyo wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:53 pm Fans can’t make Bohl look in the mirror to reevaluate his offense, I think we may find out if the players can.

That’s your ego from Bohl.
Well...lots of coaches (all with massive ego) change their schemes, fire non-productive coordinators, and generally adapt to changing strategies. I don't think his ego is holding him back....it's just plain stubbornness and perhaps literal inability. If he can't change....then he can't change.
Whether you call it ego or being mule-headed the point is that the if Swen is any indication the players are questioning Bohl's coaching philosophy. That does not bode well for being able to recruit and keep talented players on the roster in todays environment.
bullbugle307
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 21 times

To clarify, I think his ego is what keeps him from changing the offense. I’m pretty sure he thinks it’s always someone else’s fault rather than owning the problem.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Hunter S. Thompson
PokeNer
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

marcuswyo wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:55 pm At some point I can’t think this is compounded by sucking so bad on passing game.
This absolutely has to take a toll. Imagine being on D and laying it on the line every game, just to deal with the O's 3 and out after 3 and out. Then having Bohl call you out in the press after every loss because you "gave up more points than they should have". It's always the D's fault and he's never taken responsibility for the poop O performance. I GUARANTEE the abysmal O has contributed to multiple players and coaches leaving the program.
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

djm19 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:21 pm
Itsux2beaewe wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:54 pm Swen told Cowboy State Daily that he and the team “didn’t see eye to eye when it came to game planning.”
Not sure his whining. Outside of the Boise State game ending, Titus got the ball 100 times a game.
Does Swen want a gameplan that gives him less carries? I highly doubt he will find any offense that gives him as many touches.
I'm good for 3!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

I think what people call ego, bohl sees as issues you can correct. We see a run up the middle that gains no yards. Bohl sees a missed assignment and it would all work. Same for the passing game if not more so. It’s not the passing game. It’s lack of execution. He feels if they just executed, it would work but never wonders why it’s not being executed. It’s stubbornness more than ego.
W-Y, Until I Die!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:54 pm Swen told Cowboy State Daily that he and the team “didn’t see eye to eye when it came to game planning.”
Not sure his whining. Outside of the Boise State game ending, Titus got the ball 100 times a game.
Right? Swen didn’t like one play call and goes nuclear? Good riddance
Lost Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 15 times

I think this idea that Bohl dismissed someone from the team because they were unhappy with a play call is kind of weird.

There is something more to it, and it's probably not good for Titus, sadly.
bullbugle307
Ranch Hand

Cornpoke wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:18 am

Does Swen want a gameplan that gives him less carries? I highly doubt he will find any offense that gives him as many touches.
Perhaps he values winning, and winning big games when it matters most more than he cares about his stat line.

Hunter S. Thompson
bullbugle307
Ranch Hand

For example, the Boise game. He had a career night, but he was PISSED when we lost.

Hunter S. Thompson
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 75 times

This. Runningbacks and o-line have the least to complain about playcalling of any position on this team.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Poke in New England wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:31 pm This. Runningbacks and o-line have the least to complain about playcalling of any position on this team.
Add the punter to that.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Adv8RU12 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:46 pm
Poke in New England wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:31 pm This. Runningbacks and o-line have the least to complain about playcalling of any position on this team.
Add the punter to that.
IDK, I actually do believe that our punter Ralph Fawaz will enter the portal. He was demoted before the season after being relatively successful as a freshman last year.
bullbugle307
Ranch Hand

Poke in New England wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:31 pm

This. Runningbacks and o-line have the least to complain about playcalling of any position on this team.
Why do you guys keep assuming they care more about how many carries they get than winning when it’s obvious they care more about winning.

Hunter S. Thompson
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Or you could be Valladay and lose…but get paid…and score 16 touchdowns because your team passes…and you get to not run in stacked boxes with the defense knowing the play call. I don’t blame any offensive player for leaving.
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

bullbugle307 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:21 pm Why do you guys keep assuming they care more about how many carries they get than winning when it’s obvious they care more about winning.
I have no idea what's going on here, but a scroll through Swen's Twitter shows ONLY posts involving Swen. He's not sharing team stuff that doesn't directly mention him, he's not hyping up teammates. It's all about him and him alone.

I get a pseudo-team first vibe from the guy.

We have plenty other Pokes and former Pokes who are actively supporting teammates and former teammates...this dude isn't one of em.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 75 times

bullbugle307 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:21 pm
Poke in New England wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:31 pm

Why do you guys keep assuming they care more about how many carries they get than winning when it’s obvious they care more about winning.
I mean, he said himself that he disagreed with the scheme and that it "wasn't his style."
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 8 times

BackHarlowRoad wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:17 pm
bullbugle307 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:21 pm Why do you guys keep assuming they care more about how many carries they get than winning when it’s obvious they care more about winning.
I have no idea what's going on here, but a scroll through Swen's Twitter shows ONLY posts involving Swen. He's not sharing team stuff that doesn't directly mention him, he's not hyping up teammates. It's all about him and him alone.

I get a pseudo-team first vibe from the guy.

We have plenty other Pokes and former Pokes who are actively supporting teammates and former teammates...this dude isn't one of em.
BINGO!!!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

I hate Bohl's offense, so I know many will take this wrong, but give me a coach who won't yield to players any day of the week over a coach who panders to the whims of every 19-21 year old.

There is no doubt that at WYO there is a team mentality. You either work, embrace it, and don't quit or you are not seeing the field. One of the things I like about Bohl's teams.

poop, maybe he just showed how he can be resilient in the transfer era. Decimated by the portal and still managed to at least be in Mtn division championship by the end of the season.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:45 am I hate Bohl's offense, so I know many will take this wrong, but give me a coach who won't yield to players any day of the week over a coach who panders to the whims of every 19-21 year old.

There is no doubt that at WYO there is a team mentality. You either work, embrace it, and don't quit or you are not seeing the field. One of the things I like about Bohl's teams.

Sh#t, maybe he just showed how he can be resilient in the transfer era. Decimated by the portal and still managed to at least be in Mtn division championship by the end of the season.
I agree. I didn't know the extent of the hissy fit Swen threw at the end of the Boise game until I talked to a buddy last night. Swearing and screaming at players and coaches. You can't have crap like that on a team at any level. If that episode reveals Swen's character and actions when not in public, then his conduct truly is not to the level to be part of the team.