This year's roster vs first 2

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

I don't know where to find the info and I'm too lazy to calculate it but I'd guess this year's team is fairly similar in age/experience as Bohl's second year... maybe even first?
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

I can't remember how young that team was. I just remember I thought it was the low point of Wyoming Football in my lifetime. I was at the Eastern Michigan game where Josh Allen got his first start. He led a touchdown drive and then broke his collar bone on the next possession. Eastern Michigan was beating us by 30 at the half and that was their only win of the year.

Somehow, that Wyoming team won 2 games. Which, was amazing considering we were out of most of our games by half time. The fact that we won the division the very next year tells you how fast things can turn around. All we need is another neglected JC qb who is about 6'5" and is totally undiscovered.
Simple, huh?
DamThatRiver22
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 35 times

bladerunnr wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:24 pm All we need is another neglected JC qb who is about 6'5" and is totally undiscovered.
We've already had a couple of those. One of them is on the roster right now, lol.

But that's far from the whole story. You need one of those who is a generational QB, with has so much raw talent that it transcends the terrible QB development and horrid offensive scheme we have. Then you need to surround them with NFL talent on both sides of the ball. Then you might have a chance at repeating the 2016 season, which actually ended up not being much to write home about in the end. Lmao.

Reminder that JA17 is one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL, but also didn't show significant improvement until after he left our program and hired an independent QB coach. And the 2016 roster eventually sent almost a dozen players to the NFL.