QBs.

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 11 times

Will we ever find one ? :thumbdown:
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Josh freaking Allen struggled in this offense. Bohl is the problem
DamThatRiver22
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 35 times

Not like we've had this exact thread/discussion 3 or 4 times this last few weeks, lmao.

The QBs aren't the problem. Full stop.
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 11 times

Our passing scheme sucks, but Our QBs are not very good. They make bad decisions within the bad system.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

WyoVaquero wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:29 pm Our passing scheme sucks, but Our QBs are not very good. They make bad decisions within the bad system.
Fresno was a dumpster without Haener. Boise looked average with Bachmeier. Utah st would probably beat us had they not been on 3rd string. Qbs matter. You could argue that it’s too difficult to find a qb for this system. That’s fine.
W-Y, Until I Die!
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

laxwyo wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 1:13 pm
WyoVaquero wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:29 pm Our passing scheme sucks, but Our QBs are not very good. They make bad decisions within the bad system.
Fresno was a dumpster without Haener. Boise looked average with Bachmeier. Utah st would probably beat us had they not been on 3rd string. Qbs matter. You could argue that it’s too difficult to find a qb for this system. That’s fine.
Not only do qb's matter, I think you could argue in today's offenses, a qb is essential just to be competitive. Our defense and running game made up for our mostly mediocre qb play this year. But against a good team, we can't be competitive. I don't see Peasley even trying to read the defense. The ball is thrown regardless of where the defenders are. Maybe he doesn't see them. I don't know. I don't know if it's his fault or the coaching. But I've not seen one qb who has improved with time at Wyoming under Bohl. You could argue that Chambers and Williams actually got worse.

Dennis Erikson came to Wyoming and turned a wishbone qb into a throwing machine in his first and only year. Tiller knew the passing game unlike maybe any coach we've had. If we want to compete for conference championships, we need different coaching - either at the top, or the coordinators and position coaches. We need a quarterback whisperer. And I'm afraid what we have now is just the opposite.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

bladerunnr wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 2:23 pm
laxwyo wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 1:13 pm

Not only do qb's matter, I think you could argue in today's offenses, a qb is essential just to be competitive. Our defense and running game made up for our mostly mediocre qb play this year. But against a good team, we can't be competitive. I don't see Peasley even trying to read the defense. The ball is thrown regardless of where the defenders are. Maybe he doesn't see them. I don't know. I don't know if it's his fault or the coaching. But I've not seen one qb who has improved with time at Wyoming under Bohl. You could argue that Chambers and Williams actually got worse.

Dennis Erikson came to Wyoming and turned a wishbone qb into a throwing machine in his first and only year. Tiller knew the passing game unlike maybe any coach we've had. If we want to compete for conference championships, we need different coaching - either at the top, or the coordinators and position coaches. We need a quarterback whisperer. And I'm afraid what we have now is just the opposite.
I don’t understand how we couldn’t run elements of spread on obvious passing plays. 3rd and 6 etc. I get that you want to run play action off power run and you can keep that. You can keep all your power run, counters off that, play action etc, but simplify the passing game. I’m not entirely sure how spread works, but it must be fairly simple if most highschool and college run it while having plug and play qbs
W-Y, Until I Die!