Fresno

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

What are we thinking?
PokesArePeopleToo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 12 times

After the deflation from last Saturday night's game and originally not giving any thought to this game I've now changed my mind and come around. After first saying I don't care about the game or any bowl possibilities the Pokes fan inside me emerges. I hate that I now care about this game against Fresno. I hate that I know I'll be watching it. And I hate thinking about what bowl game we could be going to. But hate all I want one thing I know is that I again care. We need this game. This young team can win this game after they should have won the last game. So win it. Go Pokes!
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 60 times

My track record this season is pretty bad....but that won't stop me haha.

I see a beat down....we can't stop a team with a legit passing attack and we have an offense that is worth very few points.

28-13 FSU.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

What does Fresno have on the line? Do they NEED to win this game for purposes of hosting the CCG? I haven't looked into it. Fresno's motivation could be a big factor.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

LanderPoke wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:33 pm What does Fresno have on the line? Do they NEED to win this game for purposes of hosting the CCG? I haven't looked into it. Fresno's motivation could be a big factor.
Regardless of how Fresno does this coming weekend against us, Boise will host the CCG....sadly.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Is a press conference happening this week? I haven't seen anything on FB or Gowyo in regards to the press conference for the week which are usually on Tuesdays...
I'm good for 3!
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Bohl's prep speech to team: "Beat Fresno or we go to the Spud Bowl"
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 82 times

Wyoming suffered a major loss emotionally Saturday. I doubt they will be over it in time to take Fresno. Fresno has a really good QB who will be looking to impress any scouts that might be at the game. This could get ugly as Wyoming's pass defense has proven to be the weakest part of the defense. There is talent in the secondary but they do not get the kind of quality competition they need in practice against our passing offense to really hone their skills.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Beating Boise and losing to Fresno was always more probable than losing to Boise and beating a Haener team. That being said, I flipped last minute and changed this game to a W before season started. The pokes win this and the only misses for me was the joser and csu game was flipped. Go pokes. Finish it
W-Y, Until I Die!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

LanderPoke wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:18 pm What are we thinking?
I'm thinking Fresno doesn't have anything to play for and will probably play starters sparingly thru the 1st half, they aren't going to spend much energy except giving valuable playing time to 2nd and 3rd stringers. We may struggle like seems to be the norm but I think our want to is finally there and we win going away 31-17 Pokes!!! And a legitimate 8 win season for the 1st time in quite sometime
Outlaw Arthur Morgan
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 11 times

If the bend but dont break defense shows up against the pass, we'll have a good game to watch.

If they torch us through the air like they have been the last 4-5 games, its not going to look good.

Offensively - I wonder if we will have:
- DQ. Doesn't look likely.
- Mcneely Doesn't look likely
- Peasley - I hope so but I think its 50/50
- Alex Brown. Not likely.

Defensively
I think we've seen the last of Godbout for the season. I really wonder how the last few games would have looked with him on the line.
Doesn't look like glinton will play either.
Looks like Bertagnole might be back and that will be a benefit. Oh Buck Coors is a backup. I've been curious to what he can do.

My guess?
Better hope the defense shows up. As long as its close we'll have a chance. We aren't good at digging out of deep holes to begin with, and it looks even bleaker with some of these cats out.
GoPokes86
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 10 times

Fresno with Haener are a very good team. They've clinched their spot as the winner of the West but I don't think that means they'll just go on cruise control. After the gut punch Boise game I can see the Pokes coming out fired up and playing for pride, but I just don't think we've got the offense to hang around with Fresno.
DamThatRiver22
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 35 times

We're super banged up, deflated from last week and have very little to play for, and we're on the road....

Against high-powered offense, with probably the best or second-best QB in the conference, on a potential championship team that is now hitting on all cylinders (after a rough start, no thanks to injuries).

I love this team, and I think it'll be close for a good chunk of the game. But I don't think we have a particularly high chance of winning it.

Vegas has Fresno State as 15-pt favorites with an O/U of about 50; I actually think that's about accurate. (FWIW, SP+ is pretty close behind Vegas, putting Fresno State with a 76% chance to win with a projection of 30-18.)

I'm excited to see Hoyland own that single-season FG record outright though. Kid deserves it; hope Bohl gives him a shot if the time comes.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 115 times

WYO wins and wins bowl game. Neat team this year. Really like these young guys.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
WYO_Fan_inPA
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 10 times

Fresno has already clinched a spot in the MWC title game. I think they will end up resting players as they really aren't playing for anything here. As a result, I like our chances. Forget that it's on the road.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Fresno killing us

I will not say Peasley is any better than Clemons. Imo peasley would have thrown at least three picks vs Boise. Clemons throws a much nicer ball
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 115 times

LanderPoke wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:46 pm Fresno killing us

I will not say Peasley is any better than Clemons. Imo peasley would have thrown at least three picks vs Boise. Clemons throws a much nicer ball
I was wishful thinking on this game...ugly.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

That’s a wrap
W-Y, Until I Die!
DamThatRiver22
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 35 times

Cornpoke wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:57 pm Is a press conference happening this week? I haven't seen anything on FB or Gowyo in regards to the press conference for the week which are usually on Tuesdays...
Press conferences are on Mondays; they just don't generally get posted these days until Tuesday or Wednesday.

This is the second week this year it hasn't been posted at all.

Seems they're trying their damndest to block free access to them and force everyone to pay for media (CST, WyoSports).
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

DamThatRiver22 wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:19 pm
Cornpoke wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:57 pm Is a press conference happening this week? I haven't seen anything on FB or Gowyo in regards to the press conference for the week which are usually on Tuesdays...
Press conferences are on Mondays; they just don't generally get posted these days until Tuesday or Wednesday.

This is the second week this year it hasn't been posted at all.

Seems they're trying their damndest to block free access to them and force everyone to pay for media (CST, WyoSports).
They used to show them live on FB. Why is the athletics dept. trying to limit who sees them? This is a public university and a state employee in Craigh Bohl. These should be available to the public.
I'm good for 3!