Anybody remember the final moments of Super Bowl XLIX?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

The one with Seattle and New England in it.

The way I see last night.....

Bohl Pete Carrolled himself last night. Shoulda just ran the ball. Trying to play cute never works.

History loves repeating itself.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Great comp 😔
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 82 times

Wyokie wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:45 am The one with Seattle and New England in it.

Bohl Pete Carrolled himself last night. Shoulda just ran the ball. Trying to play cute never works.

I have always wondered if that play was an audible by Wilson to try to win MVP of Super Bowl. Some the guys on Seattle's defense in their comments seemed to allude that being possible.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

doreno5 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:26 am
Wyokie wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:45 am The one with Seattle and New England in it.

I have always wondered if that play was an audible by Wilson to try to win MVP of Super Bowl. Some the guys on Seattle's defense in their comments seemed to allude that being possible.
It's well known that Carroll wanted Russell to get the SB MVP award. Tried to play cute against the Patriots and it backfired on the Hawks big-time!!!!!!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
doreno5
Ranch Hand

Wyokie wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:28 pm
doreno5 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:26 am
It's well known that Carroll wanted Russell to get the SB MVP award. Tried to play cute against the Patriots and it backfired on the Hawks big-time!!!!!!
Given what has come out since then maybe Carroll is glad it did not work. He probably would never had been able to trade Wilson if he won that year.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

doreno5 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:53 pm
Wyokie wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:28 pm

Given what has come out since then maybe Carroll is glad it did not work. He probably would never had been able to trade Wilson if he won that year.
In complete hindsight, I agree. But, I root for Seattle so I was a little pissed the Hawks lost. LOVED the Super Bowl Seattle destroyed Denver in!!!!!
doreno5
Ranch Hand

Wyokie wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:13 pm
doreno5 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:53 pm

In complete hindsight, I agree. But, I root for Seattle so I was a little pissed the Hawks lost. LOVED the Super Bowl Seattle destroyed Denver in!!!!!
Living in Cheyenne I had my fill of the constant Broncos hype but I was a Peyton Manning fan at the time. I knew after the first play it was not going to be his day.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

doreno5 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:22 pm
Wyokie wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:13 pm

Living in Cheyenne I had my fill of the constant Broncos hype but I was a Peyton Manning fan at the time. I knew after the first play it was not going to be his day.
I hate Peyton Manning plus I can't stand the current logo for the pro donkeys. The logo they had in the 80s is far better.
doreno5
Ranch Hand

Wyokie wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:36 pm
doreno5 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:22 pm

I hate Peyton Manning plus I can't stand the current logo for the pro donkeys. The logo they had in the 80s is far better.
BOTH THE TEAM AND THE LOGO WERE BETTER.