I'm already on to next season

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
DamThatRiver22
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 35 times

Subcanis wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:44 am
Lol. It’ll be year ten of the same [#]sh#t.

He is incapable of doing things any other way.
I warned people back in 2018 that it was gonna be the same poop year after year.

And every year since, people have given the exact same kinds of excuses that they're giving now. Some of them are literally the same verbatim. It's hilarious, really.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

LanderPoke wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:40 pm
Wyokie wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:02 pm

Welp, at least the Buffalo Bills won today. LOL
Yeah. It just feels hollow because of yesterday. I’d take the bills going 0-16 if it meant a ‘ship for our cowboys
Completely agree....but.....Josh Allen is with the Bills.

BTW, not to be splitting hairs here but the pros play 17 regular season games now. Sadly..... :roll:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

DamThatRiver22 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 4:46 pm
Subcanis wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:44 am
Lol. It’ll be year ten of the same [#]sh#t.

He is incapable of doing things any other way.
I warned people back in 2018 that it was gonna be the same Sh#t year after year.

And every year since, people have given the exact same kinds of excuses that they're giving now. Some of them are literally the same verbatim. It's hilarious, really.
Hilarious/pathetic. Same same.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

WYO_Fan_inPA wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:54 am Why move on to next season already? We still have a big game against Fresno next week, then a bowl game? So what if we aren't playing for the MWC championship? There are positives to enjoy about this season.
Yah the dish soap bowl against the fifth place team from the MAC. Who cares…..
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict

PokesArePeopleToo wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:42 am In all honesty the 2022 Wyoming football season ended for me last night. I've seen this same movie/season several times over now and it's beginning to wear thin. I have zero excitement for the Fresno State game. I guess I'll watch whatever bowl game we end up in but its part of that same, tired, all too familiar script.
I said at the beginning of the year they’d be 7-5 and go to some irrelevant bowl. You don’t even have to watch, really. It’s the same thing every year with this team.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

SDPokeFan wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:33 pm
PokesArePeopleToo wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:42 am In all honesty the 2022 Wyoming football season ended for me last night. I've seen this same movie/season several times over now and it's beginning to wear thin. I have zero excitement for the Fresno State game. I guess I'll watch whatever bowl game we end up in but its part of that same, tired, all too familiar script.
I said at the beginning of the year they’d be 7-5 and go to some irrelevant bowl. You don’t even have to watch, really. It’s the same thing every year with this team.
Receipts? There is no way you predicted 7 wins after our transfer portal fiasco. 90% of this board would have been ecstatic to make a bowl game coming into the season.
W-Y, Until I Die!
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict

laxwyo wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:21 pm
SDPokeFan wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:33 pm

Receipts? There is no way you predicted 7 wins after our transfer portal fiasco. 90% of this board would have been ecstatic to make a bowl game coming into the season.
I went back and looked. You’re right. I said 6-6.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 119 times

PokesArePeopleToo wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:46 am I don't think anyone is hammering the players at all. I think all will admit they played their tails off last night. That was as tough a loss as I can remember in a long time. The effects of it are spilling out here today.
You would “think” differently if you stood where I did last night and heard “fans” telling the players they “blew it”, etc. going into the HAC. It was BS, and those people aren’t fans!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

SDPokeFan wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:16 pm

I went back and looked. You’re right. I said 6-6.
Damn, I'd consider that sunshine pumping coming from you.
W-Y, Until I Die!
DamThatRiver22
Ranch Hand

Y'all tend to live in an echo chamber a bit though. And a few of you tend to look at things through reactionary and emotional lenses, not critical/analytical/statistical ones. Not everyone was that far down the doom and gloom hole.

I wasn't on this board prior to the season, as I spend most of my time on the CFB subreddit. But I paid attention to some of our transfers, how the roster was shaping up, how camps looked, and what the schedule/other teams looked like...and by the first game I, too, figured around 6-6, 7-5. I knew we wouldn't be great, but I also thought predictions of 5th or last in the division were unnecessarily harsh and a knee jerk reaction to last winter.

I was fully prepared for another season of mediocrity, full of weird and surprising glimmers of hope but dashed by incredulous and stupendous losses. It's literally the Craig Bohl way.
WYO_Fan_inPA
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 10 times

DamThatRiver22 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:34 am
WYO_Fan_inPA wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:54 am Why move on to next season already? We still have a big game against Fresno next week, then a bowl game? So what if we aren't playing for the MWC championship? There are positives to enjoy about this season.
What, exactly, is "big" about the Fresno State game? The difference between the Potato Bowl and the Arizona Bowl maybe? Do you really think any fan, booster, coach, or player for that matter....gives a damn about the minute difference between two mediocre bowls?

And after nine seasons, yes, we want championship appearances, not mediocre bowl games.

Yes, there are positives to be taken from the season. There were positives to be taken from last season, and the season before, and the season before that...

Every single year we find some excuse for Craig Bohl and say "I'm excited for next season".

Bohl has had rosters loaded with eventual NFL talent and couldn't get it done. Bohl had one of the greatest QBs modern football has ever seen and couldn't get it done. Bohl was handed the weakest MWC he's ever seen this year and couldn't get it done. Bohl has been pressured, poked, and prodded for years about his insanely inept offenses and has made zero effort to change.

What, exactly, makes things different now?

Literally the only reason I'll be watching the Fresno State game is to support Hoyland in making UW kicking history.
I would rather win 8 games in the regular season than 7. No I guess it does not matter for bowl slotting. But a win over Fresno can help demonstrate we can hang with the best MWC teams.
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

WYO_Fan_inPA wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:57 am
DamThatRiver22 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:34 am

What, exactly, is "big" about the Fresno State game? The difference between the Potato Bowl and the Arizona Bowl maybe? Do you really think any fan, booster, coach, or player for that matter....gives a damn about the minute difference between two mediocre bowls?

And after nine seasons, yes, we want championship appearances, not mediocre bowl games.

Yes, there are positives to be taken from the season. There were positives to be taken from last season, and the season before, and the season before that...

Every single year we find some excuse for Craig Bohl and say "I'm excited for next season".

Bohl has had rosters loaded with eventual NFL talent and couldn't get it done. Bohl had one of the greatest QBs modern football has ever seen and couldn't get it done. Bohl was handed the weakest MWC he's ever seen this year and couldn't get it done. Bohl has been pressured, poked, and prodded for years about his insanely inept offenses and has made zero effort to change.

What, exactly, makes things different now?

Literally the only reason I'll be watching the Fresno State game is to support Hoyland in making UW kicking history.
I would rather win 8 games in the regular season than 7. No I guess it does not matter for bowl slotting. But a win over Fresno can help demonstrate we can hang with the best MWC teams.
The moral victory.

Yawn.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
WYO_Fan_inPA
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 10 times

Subcanis wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:27 am
WYO_Fan_inPA wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:57 am

The moral victory.

Yawn.
How can you think you are the best team in the MWC without beating the best teams (Fresno, Boise)? It blows my mind.
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

WYO_Fan_inPA wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:09 am
Subcanis wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:27 am

The moral victory.

Yawn.
How can you think you are the best team in the MWC without beating the best teams (Fresno, Boise)? It blows my mind.
We aren’t.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

Friday indicated that the team is already on to next season, too
DamThatRiver22
Ranch Hand

WYO1016 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:27 am Friday indicated that the team is already on to next season, too
Lol.

After all the effort and work that was supposedly put into fixing the locker room issues, the player/coach relationship issues, and the overall culture....and all the talk from coaches and players about how everything was good again....

Having a team that straight up laid down and quit on each other and their coaches isn't a very good sign, regardless of how "young" they were to start the season.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

DamThatRiver22 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:19 am
WYO1016 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:27 am Friday indicated that the team is already on to next season, too
Lol.

After all the effort and work that was supposedly put into fixing the locker room issues, the player/coach relationship issues, and the overall culture....and all the talk from coaches and players about how everything was good again....

Having a team that straight up laid down and quit on each other and their coaches isn't a very good sign, regardless of how "young" they were to start the season.
Are you privy to the locker room culture? Are you privy to coach/ player relationships? Are you privy to the culture in general? Geez, there are a lot of assumptions put forth in this post. Pure speculation on a lot of it

They had a poop game, but does that mean there was not improvement in the areas mentioned above??
DamThatRiver22
Ranch Hand

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:53 am Are you privy to the locker room culture? Are you privy to coach/ player relationships? Are you privy to the culture in general? Geez, there are a lot of assumptions put forth in this post. Pure speculation on a lot of it

They had a sh#t[#] game, but does that mean there was not improvement in the areas mentioned above??
Players and coaches both went on record about the stuff from last year, so I hope you're not referring to that.

As for this year...when you've got players yelling at each other and throwing hissyfits...and now one (so far) of those players getting dismissed from the team (possibly the best player on the team, no less)...you can't tell me everything's peachy. Especially when this coaching staff now has a known history of losing locker rooms.

And the level of straight-up quit in the team at Fresno State made literally everyone raise an eyebrow. That wasn't just a "bad game". That was literally a "we don't even want to be here", and it showed...not just in their performance, but in their demeanor...which was obvious to anyone with eyeballs.

It doesn't take a psychologist to venture a guess that there may be locker room issues again.

If there isn't, I'll be more than happy to eat my words. But I'm just saying it hasn't looked good. To say otherwise is being willfully blind or unrealistically optimistic.
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 82 times

Swen"s dismissal answers the question about the locker room culture.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

DamThatRiver22 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:29 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:53 am Are you privy to the locker room culture? Are you privy to coach/ player relationships? Are you privy to the culture in general? Geez, there are a lot of assumptions put forth in this post. Pure speculation on a lot of it

They had a sh#t[#] game, but does that mean there was not improvement in the areas mentioned above??
Players and coaches both went on record about the stuff from last year, so I hope you're not referring to that.

As for this year...when you've got players yelling at each other and throwing hissyfits...and now one (so far) of those players getting dismissed from the team (possibly the best player on the team, no less)...you can't tell me everything's peachy. Especially when this coaching staff now has a known history of losing locker rooms.

And the level of straight-up quit in the team at Fresno State made literally everyone raise an eyebrow. That wasn't just a "bad game". That was literally a "we don't even want to be here", and it showed...not just in their performance, but in their demeanor...which was obvious to anyone with eyeballs.

It doesn't take a psychologist to venture a guess that there may be locker room issues again.

If there isn't, I'll be more than happy to eat my words. But I'm just saying it hasn't looked good. To say otherwise is being willfully blind or unrealistically optimistic.
They’re kids that just lost a chance at the championship game. I don’t blame them. Doesn’t mean anything other than the season is over. For them, it was one game early. Fresno was going to beat our ass either way. They called off the dogs. If we scored 17, they would have scored 42.
W-Y, Until I Die!