BSU Game

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 595 times
Been liked: 238 times

That was one of the worst losses I’ve witnessed
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 60 times

LanderPoke wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:05 pm That was one of the worst losses I’ve witnessed
It's like it was worse because it was right there for the taking....I don't think I would feel this bad if BSU just runs the clock out.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 292 times
Been liked: 124 times

Wyokie wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:51 pm
Itsux2beaewe wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:44 pm

You don’t think they knew it!!!!! Wth, what morons!!!! That’s it, let’s tell them they suck and watch them hit the transfer portal!!!! Great idea!!!!! 50some of those kids didn’t throw that pass!!!!! And it was our coaching staff who called the play. That play should have never been called! Swen should have been given it.
So you want everyone to hold the players hands and say "it's o.k. we lost. we'll get 'em next time." :roll: NO, YOU PLAY TO WIN. There are no points for second best.

As I said, I’ll say it again, one kid threw that pass. Coaches called the play. You have a young QB trying to make a play. This team is young and has potential, for a few years.

You go ahead and tell them they suck and watch them him the transfer portal. Great work, when it happens. Not me, I’ll support them, even in a disappointing loss. They played with Boise St, and could have one the game. I still blame the coaches for the play call. They should have run it, and worse case tie it up with a field goal.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 43 times

307bball wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:03 pm
Wyokie wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:51 pm

So you want everyone to hold the players hands and say "it's o.k. we lost. we'll get 'em next time." :roll: NO, YOU PLAY TO WIN. There are no points for second best.
Agreed, nobody is giving points for second place...AND it's bush league for fans to be putting down guys as they walk off the grid iron.
I can see the "it's o.k. we lost. we'll get 'em next time" to a bunch of junior high kids. But this college, they need to hear what the fans say. They are old enough to take the harsh criticism. If not, they need to transfer to a Division II program!!!! :roll:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 16 times

f-word Craig Blohl. Signed a devotions donor.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
307bball
WyoNation Addict

Wyokie wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:12 pm
Agreed, nobody is giving points for second place...AND it's bush league for fans to be putting down guys as they walk off the grid iron.
I can see the "it's o.k. we lost. we'll get 'em next time" to a bunch of junior high kids. But this college, they need to hear what the fans say. They are old enough to take the harsh criticism. If not, they need to transfer to a Division II program!!!! :roll:
Sometimes you are wrong.... But sometimes you are wrong AND an @$$.

Quit being a moron and acting like anybody here thinks its "ok" or pointing to some moral victory. That sucked plain and simple....AND if there were some @$$hats hurling insults at players then that just makes it worse. Nothing screams "has-been" energy like some inebriated oaf shouting insults at guys who are putting it on the line.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

SDPokeFan wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:39 pm Someone tell me why this team can’t recruit a quarterback. Seriously I want to know someone tell me.
Joe Montana couldn’t work with this offense. It’s the worst scheme I’ve seen at any level
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

Maybe tell Harris, even though you got a great fumble and ran it to the 26 yard line you blew it. Or Omotosho, or Gibbs - yeah you suck. And when we possibly play against them because they want a fan base who supports them, that’ll just be swell won’t it. Maybe they’ll transfer to CSewe because of a few piss poor fans. You all know where I stand. No one like losing- mostly those kids.

We’re all you bitching even at the game!!! How’s that!!!!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

307bball wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:18 pm

Quit being a moron and acting like anybody here thinks its "ok" or pointing to some moral victory. That sucked plain and simple....AND if there were some @$$hats hurling insults at players then that just makes it worse. Nothing screams "has-been" energy like some inebriated oaf shouting insults at guys who are putting it on the line.
So it's o.k. to say "it's o.k. we lost" I'll remember that!!!! :roll: That was not a moral victory!!! Moral victories are for junior high kids!!!!!!

2016 was a fluke win. We coulda put a dagger to the Smurfs throat and we screwed up!!!!!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:21 pm

Maybe tell Harris, even though you got a great fumble and ran it to the 26 yard line you blew it. Or Omotosho, or Gibbs - yeah you suck. And when we possibly play against them because they want a fan base who supports them, that’ll just be swell won’t it. Maybe they’ll transfer to CSewe because of a few piss poor fans. You all know where I stand. No one like losing- mostly those kids.

We’re all you bitching even at the game!!! How’s that!!!!
I'm in Oklahoma City., Would've loved to been there except no $$$$. The weather would have been bad for me since I'm in a wheelchair (celebral palsy).

Why would anyone be dumb enough to go to Fort Fart????!!!!!
307bball
WyoNation Addict

Wyokie wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:24 pm

So it's o.k. to say "it's o.k. we lost" I'll remember that!!!! :roll: That was not a moral victory!!! Moral victories are for junior high kids!!!!!!

2016 was a fluke win. We coulda put a dagger to the Smurfs throat and we screwed up!!!!!
Are you .. even reading these posts?

Who is calling for a moral victory? Who is saying it's "ok" to lose like this?
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

Wyokie wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:24 pm

Can you read, can you comprehend. 307 stated quit acting like anybody thinks the loss is “ok”. And he didn’t say it was a moral victory. C’mon. Read again, he stated “it sucked plain and simple”.
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 40 times

This loss is on polosek and bohl. The announcers even said polosek told them “everyone expects us to run on first down so we’re going to mix it up with some first down passes”.

Clemons was not having a good night passing. He was something like 3 for 18! When I saw he was going to pass on that last play I screamed what are you doing?!! Everyone knows all they had to do was run it a time or two and worst case get a FG to put it into overtime. The one time they should have played it conservative and didn’t!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

One of THE worst losses I ever have seen in the 34 years of my fandom (and lifetime fan)for the Pokes. Never have I had this much pain on horrible execution and piss poor coaching at a time where Conservative is JUST WHAT U NEED....but I guess 7-5 is good enough at good ole UW.....PATHETIC
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

I woulda been o.k. with a win here and a loss at Fresno but.....

Bohl has a lot of explaining to do with this loss.
WYO_Fan_inPA
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 12 times

Well we were in the game and definitely had a chance. It's too bad we could not cash it and make the critical plays needed to win.
WyoExpat
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

ZapPoke wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:24 pm This loss is on polosek and bohl. The announcers even said polosek told them “everyone expects us to run on first down so we’re going to mix it up with some first down passes”.

Clemons was not having a good night passing. He was something like 3 for 18! When I saw he was going to pass on that last play I screamed what are you doing?!! Everyone knows all they had to do was run it a time or two and worst case get a FG to put it into overtime. The one time they should have played it conservative and didn’t!
So let me get this straight. For the past several seasons, the board has demanded that we fire Coach Bohl because offensive play-calling is too predictable since we almost always run on first down. Now this board is demanding that he be fired because he failed to run on first down and tried to be unpredictable with a first down pass at a time in the game when the clock was the real enemy and we were desperate for a touchdown and the only reason to run plays in that situation was to get a touchdown?

The real problem was that Clemons is not starting-quarterback ready and wasn't even 3rd string last year. Yet, here we are.

I sometimes think this board would want to fire coach if we beat Alabama because of how it happened and that there wouldn't be enough style or that the stats weren't right.

The Saturday before Thanksgiving, this team controlled its own destiny.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

WyoExpat wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:44 am
ZapPoke wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:24 pm This loss is on polosek and bohl. The announcers even said polosek told them “everyone expects us to run on first down so we’re going to mix it up with some first down passes”.

So let me get this straight. For the past several seasons, the board has demanded that we fire Coach Bohl because offensive play-calling is too predictable since we almost always run on first down. Now this board is demanding that he be fired because he failed to run on first down and tried to be unpredictable with a first down pass at a time in the game when the clock was the real enemy and we were desperate for a touchdown and the only reason to run plays in that situation was to get a touchdown?

The real problem was that Clemons is not starting-quarterback ready and wasn't even 3rd string last year. Yet, here we are.

I sometimes think this board would want to fire coach if we beat Alabama because of how it happened and that there wouldn't be enough style or that the stats weren't right.

Lol. Were you watching the game? Clemons completed two passes. Swen was breaking long runs right and left.
PokesArePeopleToo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 12 times

The real problem was that Clemons is not starting-quarterback ready and wasn't even 3rd string last year.

So you put the game in his hands on the very first play from scrimmage after a magnificent gift on the fumble, you ask a novice quarterback with zero experience to throw that pass into double coverage thus ending the game and delivering one of the top 3 painful losses I've ever seen? A quarterback who had completed 3 passes the entire night up to that point? Into the end zone? Not a screen pass with blockers out front, not a high percentage pass underneath to a tight end, but a low percentage pass into the end zone to a receiver who had two players surrounding him? I too would have been tempted to score in that situation, but not with that play call, no way. I would have taken a much safer shot and if it didn't work out I would have kicked a FG and taken my chances in OT. Someone here mentioned that this loss would not have been as bad had BSU simply run out the clock and never fumbled the football. I agree. If anyone saw Swen coming off the field after the interception he was besides himself almost as if he too couldn't believe the call that was made in that situation.
DamThatRiver22
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 35 times

Sorry, but this is a terrible take. One that screams "I know nothing about football and also didn't watch this game".

Firstly, wanting the offense as a whole to be more aggressive overall is not the same thing as being reckless with the game on the line. Don't be disingenuous; it's not a good look.

Secondly: We had a 1st and 10 on the BSU 21 with over a minute left and a timeout in our back pocket. We have one of the best backs in the conference (who also happens to be having a career day), and we have possibly the best kicker in the entire nation (who just tied the single-season school FG record by booting his third 50+ yarder of the season).

Telling an inexperienced QB (who you clearly haven't been able to develop) who was at that point 3 for 15 for what, 30ish yards with two picks (including one on his previous play) to throw deep is some wildly inexcusable and reckless poop.

There is a reason everybody and their f-word uncle has criticized that playcall since last night. It's all over social media, CFB boards, news articles....it's not just "this board", my man. It's literally everyone who knows anything about football.