Can Pokes hang with Boise...

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

The gap has closed between us and them. Each game is close now. They used to kill us by 40 each game
flyfishwyo
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 50 times

From a talent standpoint, yes.
Our defense has a better front 7 than Boise. We need another corner to compliment Cam. The young DEs seem talented, but they didn't get pressure last night.
The offense doesn't have nearly the WR speed or RAC ability as Boise. We have average QBs, and Boise appears to have a really good one. Our OL seems on par with Boise, maybe even more talented. They moved Boise off the ball most of the night.
I thought the defensive coaches earned their comp cars last night. We held Boise to 20 and forced 2 turnovers.
Our offense can't hang with Boise. The running game is strong, but the passing game doesn't keep us competitive. 3 of 16 and 3 picks isn't a QB problem. Boise's QB wouldn't have been much better in our scheme. I don't think we beat them until our offensive scheme changes.
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 61 times

flyfishwyo wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:46 pm We have average QBs, and Boise appears to have a really good one.
I would love an "average" QB.
flyfishwyo
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 50 times

307bball wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:47 pm
flyfishwyo wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:46 pm We have average QBs, and Boise appears to have a really good one.
I would love an "average" QB.
I think we currently have a couple of them. Our offense doesn't run a scheme that works for the average QB. Even Josh Allen struggled with this system.
sandiegopoke
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 15 times

flyfishwyo wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:04 pm I think we currently have a couple of them. Our offense doesn't run a scheme that works for the average QB. Even Josh Allen struggled with this system.
Making tough passes in games is way different than in practice. We need to pass more to get a better passing quarterback.