7 wins should wrap up a bowl bid

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Congrats, men. Nothing was expected this year and they have been fighting like hell. They’ve made us proud.

Now let’s take down the donks and win the division. Let’s go!!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

f-word eh. Probably 2nd greatest season of bohls tenure. Be tough to pick up another w but it’s possible.
W-Y, Until I Die!
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

I am expecting at least a win against Boise. It is amazing that Bohl can’t figure out an offense. I’d be disappointed if we can’t get at least two more wins in this year (Bowl included in that total).

Little bit surprised on fan predictions for this year. I thought we would be decent this year. We lost a great receiver and a good running back. We also lost two below average QBs so I figured it would be a wash, add in a down conference I thought we would be where we are now.

Cam Stone injury hurts this team if it is serious.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

marcuswyo wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:26 pm I am expecting at least a win against Boise. It is amazing that Bohl can’t figure out an offense. I’d be disappointed if we can’t get at least two more wins in this year (Bowl included in that total).

Little bit surprised on fan predictions for this year. I thought we would be decent this year. We lost a great receiver and a good running back. We also lost two below average QBs so I figured it would be a wash, add in a down conference I thought we would be where we are now.

Cam Stone injury hurts this team if it is serious.
I hope Cam is ok
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

marcuswyo wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:26 pm I am expecting at least a win against Boise. It is amazing that Bohl can’t figure out an offense. I’d be disappointed if we can’t get at least two more wins in this year (Bowl included in that total).
Hopeful, sure. But expecting?

:mrgreen:
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 60 times

marcuswyo wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:26 pm I am expecting at least a win against Boise.
Wow... I'll have what you're having!
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

307bball wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:37 pm
marcuswyo wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:26 pm I am expecting at least a win against Boise.
I think 5 wins is the right number...I have thought maybe 4 or less but I think it will be 5.
This your prediction? 🙂
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 60 times

marcuswyo wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:49 pm

I think 5 wins is the right number...I have thought maybe 4 or less but I think it will be 5.
This your prediction? 🙂
Yup .. I didn't know it at the time but that was also the preseason over under on Wyoming's win totals. This season has been a pleasant surprise for this pokes fan. Anybody that predicted 7 or more wins at the beginning of this season either made a lucky prediction based on brown and gold glasses or should be making bank beating Vegas!

I have actually come to respect what Bohl is doing this year. I don't think this is an overly talented team...I don't care how down the conference is.... This team is out performing it's talent.... And that is too Bohl's credit. He may be frustrating when he has some talent but he seems to do well with young guys who want to be a party of a team.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

A legitimate 7 wins in a season too...been awhile since we've seen that....Cmon Pokes, get Boise!!!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Aside from losing to joser, I’m right on schedule. I’ve missed on Joser and the csu game. I flipped on Fresno late in the pre season predictions for 8 wins. If we win 8 this year, we should erect a statue. I intially thought we’d drop last 3 games for a 7 win season but change late to 8 games. If we win 1 of last 2, that’d be awesome. Tough to see is beating best teams in MW. We might be 4th best in conference.
W-Y, Until I Die!
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

marcuswyo wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:49 pm

This your prediction? 🙂
Giving my ex-wife a run for her (my) money in the scorekeeping department.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
DamThatRiver22
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 35 times

One thing I think people are overlooking is the Fresno State game.

I've harped on it all season; everyone wrote them off for whatever bizarre reason, but anyone who was actually paying attention knew that Haener wasn't out for the season and that they are a far different team with him at the helm.

We can beat BSU until the cows come home, but it won't matter if we go into Fresno State and stink it up..because there's a snowball's chance in hell that USU beats Boise State. And on the other hand, if this team get obliterated by BSU, there's literally nothing to play for (besides pride) and a young team like this is in danger of coasting through the Fresno State game as well.

I'm telling you, no matter what happens with BSU, Fresno State is an absolute trap. And all this talk of "whoever wins next week wins the division" isn't accurate at all.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

DamThatRiver22 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:41 am One thing I think people are overlooking is the Fresno State game.

I've harped on it all season; everyone wrote them off for whatever bizarre reason, but anyone who was actually paying attention knew that Haener wasn't out for the season and that they are a far different team with him at the helm.

We can beat BSU until the cows come home, but it won't matter if we go into Fresno State and stink it up..because there's a snowball's chance in hell that USU beats Boise State. And on the other hand, if this team get obliterated by BSU, there's literally nothing to play for (besides pride) and a young team like this is in danger of coasting through the Fresno State game as well.

I'm telling you, no matter what happens with BSU, Fresno State is an absolute trap. And all this talk of "whoever wins next week wins the division" isn't accurate at all.
I’ve personally seen literally no one writing off Fresno. Pretty much everyone has acknowledged our two toughest MWC opponents are over the next 2 weeks. I have a hard time seeing a win over either of them but the more likely scenario would be to beat Boise and lose to Fresno resulting in Boise going to the title game.

And there is a lot to play for even if we did lose to Boise - - I’m pretty sure the team wants to avoid the Potato Bowl just as much as we all do. If we win 1 of the next two, then Arizona Bowl is a more likely scenario. If we lose them both, then it is likely New Mexico Bowl or Potato Bowl.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

OrediggerPoke wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:48 am
DamThatRiver22 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:41 am One thing I think people are overlooking is the Fresno State game.

I’ve personally seen literally no one writing off Fresno. Pretty much everyone has acknowledged our two toughest MWC opponents are over the next 2 weeks. I have a hard time seeing a win over either of them but the more likely scenario would be to beat Boise and lose to Fresno resulting in Boise going to the title game.

And there is a lot to play for even if we did lose to Boise - - I’m pretty sure the team wants to avoid the Potato Bowl just as much as we all do. If we win 1 of the next two, then Arizona Bowl is a more likely scenario. If we lose them both, then it is likely New Mexico Bowl or Potato Bowl.
I bet you we won’t go to the potato under any circumstances
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:12 am
OrediggerPoke wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:48 am

Talking to someone in the know and for what it is worth, Potato is the lesser likely but is certainly possibility (especially if we lose out). Hawaii Bowl seems to be pretty unlikely under any scenario. Interestingly, Frisco Bowl might be in play.

I’m personally hoping for LA Bowl (which would require us winning the MWC) or Arizona Bowl because of location and schedule.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

OrediggerPoke wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:07 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:12 am

Talking to someone in the know and for what it is worth, Potato is the lesser likely but is certainly possibility (especially if we lose out). Hawaii Bowl seems to be pretty unlikely under any scenario. Interestingly, Frisco Bowl might be in play.

I’m personally hoping for LA Bowl (which would require us winning the MWC) or Arizona Bowl because of location and schedule.
They take into account how recently a team has played in a bowl. They wouldn’t send us to the potato two times in three years
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:35 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:07 pm

They take into account how recently a team has played in a bowl. They wouldn’t send us to the potato two times in three years
It would actually be back to back years in the Potato Bowl. However, before the Pokes played in it last year, Nevada played it in back to back years. This isn’t the prohibitive factor.

That said - it only becomes a possibility if we lose out and still the New Mexico bowl might be the greater the possibility.

In any event - win one the next two and we don’t have to worry about going to play on that horrendous turf in cold weather.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

OrediggerPoke wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:52 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:35 pm
It would actually be back to back years in the Potato Bowl. However, before the Pokes played in it last year, Nevada played it in back to back years. This isn’t the prohibitive factor.

That said - it only becomes a possibility if we lose out and still the New Mexico bowl might be the greater the possibility.

In any event - win one the next two and we don’t have to worry about going to play on that horrendous turf in cold weather.
Oops yeah. Two years in a row. Anyway, I highly doubt we’ll get the potato. Jmo. I would put money on it
evilpoke
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

We will go to New Mexico or Arizona before Boise again. Hawaii would be fun, too.

UNLV can go to Boise - and they'll love it because it has been so long for them going to a bowl.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:54 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:52 pm

Oops yeah. Two years in a row. Anyway, I highly doubt we’ll get the potato. Jmo. I would put money on it
CBS’s updated bowl projections today have us in the Potato.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... edictions/

That said, if I had to pick the most likely destination from what I’ve heard, I’d pick New Mexico.