New coach picks

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 300 times
Been liked: 119 times

marcuswyo wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:46 pm Hiring and extending Heath Schroyer was pretty bad.
Most of *us* would be fired immediately if we made a top executive hire like that, let alone extending the MOFO, and then firing him 1/2 way through a season. MIllions of dollars of taxpayer money flushed right down the GD toilet.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
DamThatRiver22
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 35 times

flyfishwyo wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:20 pm
Well said. I just don't get the "fire Burman" crowd. In my opinion he's done a very good job here, especially when you consider the mess that Old Main has been during his tenure.
Oh yea, I mean I lightly touched on it but that's a whole other can of worms to open and consider as well. Man's been through multiple regime changes, a major financial crisis, and a metric poop of drama at the top....and has still somehow elevated Wyoming Athletics as a whole far beyond what he realistically should have been able to do and gotten things done that seemed impossible in the moment. And he hasn't quit yet in spite of all the BS.

On top of everything else I listed earlier...firing him does nothing but serve as a warning to any potential competent ADs to steer clear of the University of Wyoming.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 142 times

Andy Kotelnicki had a great offense at Buffalo before turning Kansas around as OC.
W-Y, Until I Die!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

DamThatRiver22 wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:03 am
flyfishwyo wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:20 pm
Well said. I just don't get the "fire Burman" crowd. In my opinion he's done a very good job here, especially when you consider the mess that Old Main has been during his tenure.
Oh yea, I mean I lightly touched on it but that's a whole other can of worms to open and consider as well. Man's been through multiple regime changes, a major financial crisis, and a metric sh#t[#] of drama at the top....and has still somehow elevated Wyoming Athletics as a whole far beyond what he realistically should have been able to do and gotten things done that seemed impossible in the moment. And he hasn't quit yet in spite of all the BS.

On top of everything else I listed earlier...firing him does nothing but serve as a warning to any potential competent ADs to steer clear of the University of Wyoming.
Lol how so? He has had all the time in the world and half of his hires in the major sports have been abject failures. At other schools it usually only takes one miss on a coaching hire to get canned. He’s been on the job for a decade plus presiding over abject mediocrity. Smh
DamThatRiver22
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 35 times

I made my case in-depth earlier; not to be snide but I'm not going to take the time to write in-depth analysis just to have someone say "nuh uh, he sucks" for the 800th time and then ask me to explain myself again.

I'm probably on the verge of being accused of being Burman's alt account, lol...but it's very clear many of you only have a surface-level understanding of an AD's job, and don't pay attention to much outside of the win/loss records of the football and basketball coaches.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

DamThatRiver22 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:17 am I made my case in-depth earlier; not to be snide but I'm not going to take the time to write in-depth analysis just to have someone say "nuh uh, he sucks" for the 800th time and then ask me to explain myself again.

I'm probably on the verge of being accused of being Burman's alt account, lol...but it's very clear many of you only have a surface-level understanding of an AD's job, and don't pay attention to much outside of the win/loss records of the football and basketball coaches.
As a fan, the "win/loss records of the football and basketball coaches" is pretty much all I care about and what college athletics is all about. Good job distilling it so simply. This is ultimately what matters and he's not done well. Burman's mismanaged the coaching/budget situation so bad that we're overpaying wildly for a mediocre football coach to a point where we're probably not going to have enough money to retain our up-and-coming basketball coach - unless he can fund raise like a wild man in the coming months. We shall see, but I don't think he's excelled in anything really. He f'd up the AA remodel really bad.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 292 times
Been liked: 125 times

LanderPoke wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:49 am
DamThatRiver22 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:17 am I made my case in-depth earlier; not to be snide but I'm not going to take the time to write in-depth analysis just to have someone say "nuh uh, he sucks" for the 800th time and then ask me to explain myself again.

As a fan, the "win/loss records of the football and basketball coaches" is pretty much all I care about and what college athletics is all about. Good job distilling it so simply. This is ultimately what matters and he's not done well. Burman's mismanaged the coaching/budget situation so bad that we're overpaying wildly for a mediocre football coach to a point where we're probably not going to have enough money to retain our up-and-coming basketball coach - unless he can fund raise like a wild man in the coming months. We shall see, but I don't think he's excelled in anything really. He f'd up the AA remodel really bad.
Yep Lander. Ask how many UW sports fans about Wyoming wrestling and you won’t have many who know the success of the wrestling program. Football and basketball are the programs people follow, and we haven’t won a MW championship in football. Bohl stated this year, this team is pretty good. Well I haven’t seen it. Soon the football crowd will dwindle and ticket sales will go down - because of mediocrity.

Basketball is exciting this season. It remains to be seen if we can keep Linder after this year. I hope so! This is likely the year we’ll have a MBB MW championship- and guess what. The seats will be full. How is Linder recruiting and we supposedly can’t in football? My guess is recruits are buying what Linder I selling. Linder adapted to the talent he had and used a scheme to the talent. We will likely see a different BB team this season - because Linder adapts. Bohl doesn’t.

How can you expect a talented receiving core to want to play at Wyoming when all they are is blocking for a dismal running scheme. Adapt, adapt adapt. Bohl can’t. A receiver wants to catch a ball more than 5 or 6 times a game. Neyor - enough said.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:41 pm
How is Linder recruiting and we supposedly can’t in football? My guess is recruits are buying what Linder I selling.
My guess is also partly that NIL dollars go further in basketball.
PokesArePeopleToo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 12 times

Interesting comment about Burman "f-word up the AA."

Please elaborate.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

PokesArePeopleToo wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:56 pm Interesting comment about Burman "f-word up the AA."

Please elaborate.
I'm guessing this would be how there's 6000 people at a game and you can't see any on TV and the fact the huge gap to the faces the Cameras as well.
W-Y, Until I Die!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

Burman's biggest mistake (and I was with him) was chasing the football dog instead of focusing on basketball. The fanbase would have crucified him, but strong visionary leaders are supposed to lead not follow the mob. I would have crucified him. I would have been pissed, but he would have been right. He is in a unique situation with the right bball coach. He can fix that problem. Elevate bball to one of the premiere programs in the west then revisit the football idea.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

PokesArePeopleToo wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:56 pm Interesting comment about Burman "f##k[#] up the AA."

Please elaborate.
He pissed off longtime season ticket holders with his reseating plan and delivered like less than half of the original planned remodel. He couldn’t even find enough money to make all the seats the same
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 40 times

LanderPoke wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:32 am
PokesArePeopleToo wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:56 pm Interesting comment about Burman "f##k[#] up the AA."

Please elaborate.
He pissed off longtime season ticket holders with his reseating plan and delivered like less than half of the original planned remodel. He couldn’t even find enough money to make all the seats the same
He didn’t just piss’em off, my cousin had great season ticket seats since the AA was built. The reseating plan gave him worse seats at a higher cost and increased Cowboy Joe “contribution”. After all those years he said forget it and dropped them.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

ZapPoke wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:32 am

Please elaborate.
He didn’t just piss’em off, my cousin had great season ticket seats since the AA was built. The reseating plan gave him worse seats at a higher cost and increased Cowboy Joe “contribution”. After all those years he said forget it and dropped them.
Yup. Burman royally screwed it up. Now we don't have as many season ticket holders and all the seats are empty close to the court. #winning
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:42 am

Please elaborate.
Yup. Burman royally screwed it up. Now we don't have as many season ticket holders and all the seats are empty close to the court. #winning
You might want to take a look again. Season tickets are tough to come by this year.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

OrediggerPoke wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:09 pm

Please elaborate.
You might want to take a look again. Season tickets are tough to come by this year.
Those lower bowl seats will still be empty on tv 😂
W-Y, Until I Die!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

laxwyo wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:13 pm

Please elaborate.
You’re probably right at least for some games.

This is such an easy fix. Have a system where season ticket holders can donate individual game tickets to a University run ticket bank which can then be distributed to Boys and Girls Club, Laramie High School, etc…Have a weekly email to season ticket holders asking if they will be in attendance or want to donate the tickets. Simple fix, builds future fans, ensures attendance. So short sighted we are.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

OrediggerPoke wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:30 pm
laxwyo wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:13 pm

Please elaborate.
You’re probably right at least for some games.

This is such an easy fix. Have a system where season ticket holders can donate individual game tickets to a University run ticket bank which can then be distributed to Boys and Girls Club, Laramie High School, etc…Have a weekly email to season ticket holders asking if they will be in attendance or want to donate the tickets. Simple fix, builds future fans, ensures attendance. So short sighted we are.
Yup. So many things that could have been done/should be done.

Anyway, season tickets are down bigly since before the remodel. Like 30-40% if I am not mistaken . I think we have less than 3k season tickets now and it was 4.5k before the remodel. Kind of weird when you consider everything was supposedly made to be better and nicer
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

Matt Rhule is available and he's already getting paid :rofl:
W-Y, Until I Die!
flyfishwyo
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 50 times

laxwyo wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:26 am Matt Rhule is available and he's already getting paid :rofl:
Paul Chryst is out there, too. I'd take him in a heartbeat.