Absolutely disgusting effort

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 596 times
Been liked: 238 times

By the coaches and players. The conference is wide open and we crap the bed against San Jose. Trash
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Poor effort all around and the officials too. Just not meant to be for this game
I'm good for 3!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 141 times

Only 4 wins is still in play.
W-Y, Until I Die!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

It’s insane how much better their whole offense is than ours. Coaching especially. So sick of Run, run pass punt. Nine years of this trash is too much
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Ditto me too and no real urgency it seems...pathetic
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

They dominated both lines of scrimmage. They got pressure just rushing 3 more than a few times. We got no O-line push all night. I thought it was the O-line's worst game of the year - including Illinois.

They have big receivers who can run. Our secondary looked like little kids compared to the size of those receivers. We can't get pressure on the qb without blitzing. So I would expect every team we play are going to exploit our pass defense. Even Air Force threw effectively against us. We better come up with a new scheme because the current one ain't working.
PokesArePeopleToo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 12 times

We were a team that showed its youth this evening and in reality it was bound to happen at some point. I thought they played much better in the second half but San Jose State was clearly the better football team. Elijah Cooks was uncoverable tonight, a great player. The game was won by their offensive and defensive lines which imposed its will on us throughout the game. The defense had 3 consecutive series in the 3rd and into the 4th quarters where they came up big and got the ball back so I was pleased with their effort and execution but they eventually ran out of gas in the 4th. No run game tonight which hurt us obviously.
aranderson
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Observations from the game in person. The officiating was a little one sided. Won't say that decided the game though. Their D-line stuffed us time and time again. The one thing in this specific game we could not have happen with their pass offense taking aim at our weakness. Peasley was way way off today. Clemons may soon see his opportunity. Our chances were there in the pass game they were just missed badly.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

aranderson wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:33 am Observations from the game in person. The officiating was a little one sided. Won't say that decided the game though. Their D-line stuffed us time and time again. The one thing in this specific game we could not have happen with their pass offense taking aim at our weakness. Peasley was way way off today. Clemons may soon see his opportunity. Our chances were there in the pass game they were just missed badly.
Maybe Peasley was off because he was running for his life. It's a very rare qb who is accurate when the pocket is collapsing as fast as ours was.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

My observation: The offense is too "vanilla". No surprises whatsoever. No variety. No trickery. Just blast straight ahead and overpower the defense. That works if you have a powerful team. The Pokes aren't.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 141 times

W-Y, Until I Die!
Outlaw Arthur Morgan
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 11 times

Eh. Don't know what to say. So I'll post it here.

Knew we were in trouble after the safety. Could have just chalked that one up to experience.

They passed all over us. Bad matchups, bad planning. Should have schemed that out better. And who the hell runs on 3rd down with 20 to go? Guess its the pokes. Actually, I wonder about that as its a recurring play call now. "Let's trick them with a 20 yard run."

Problem is, we didn't stop the passing game. Nor did we pass.

Star running backs won't run well against a team that doesn't fear the pass. Spread offense that focuses on passing will win. Guess it's the early 80's all over again.
Outlaw Arthur Morgan
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 11 times

To steal Wyokies' signature, we need touchdowns, not chicken poop.
DamThatRiver22
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 35 times

aranderson wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:33 am Peasley was way way off today. Clemons may soon see his opportunity. Our chances were there in the pass game they were just missed badly.
Yes, because moving to a 7th QB in 6 years will certainly fix the passing game. Lol.

I really hate the fact that we're immediately moving to criticize Peasley (just like we've done with every other QB).

Peasley showed an immense amount of potential at USU and was really only their #2 because Bonner was Anderson's "guy" and he stuck with him no matter what (much to USU fans' chagrin) until injuries forced his hand. And there's a reason the job was pretty much his the moment he stepped on campus.

At a certain point we have to stop being reactionary and recognize that Bohl's offenses, for various reasons, don't work here and they do nothing but stunt young, talented QBs' development.

There's a reason that the only successful QB Bohl has had here was a once-in-a-lifetime, generational freak of an athlete who was able to carry the team on his back...and even then Allen still looked abysmal at times and had some pretty terrible numbers.

The QBs aren't the issue. The system is. If you throw Clemons in there based on the fact that he threw one good pass on Saturday....the exact same thing is going to happen that has happened to every single QB before him. He'll have a great game once in a while against inferior competition, maybe even pull out a competitive win once in a while...but he'll be annihilated by good defenses and it will eventually wear him down.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

I'd like to see what Peasley can do throwing the gosh darn ball 30+ times a game. I bet good things would happen.

But Bohl is too retarded to even try, there's a better chance of hell freezing over.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 299 times
Been liked: 119 times

bladerunnr wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:01 pm They dominated both lines of scrimmage. They got pressure just rushing 3 more than a few times. We got no O-line push all night. I thought it was the O-line's worst game of the year - including Illinois.

They have big receivers who can run. Our secondary looked like little kids compared to the size of those receivers. We can't get pressure on the qb without blitzing. So I would expect every team we play are going to exploit our pass defense. Even Air Force threw effectively against us. We better come up with a new scheme because the current one ain't working.
Understatement. They were men in the trenches, we were 2nd grade trannies. :whistle:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:48 am I'd like to see what Peasley can do throwing the gosh darn ball 30+ times a game. I bet good things would happen.

But Bohl is too retarded to even try, there's a better chance of hell freezing over.
Huh?? Peasley threw the ball 20 times against SJSU and completed 6 of them. He was wildly inaccurate all game although the protection wasn’t very good either. He made a terrible decision to throw the receiver screen when the receiver was jammed at the line. Against SJSU, I cringed every time we dropped back to throw.

I’d like to see this offense get the tight ends and full backs more involved in the pass game (we did try one throw to the FB but it was at his feet). I’d like to see Peasley take more advantage of his best skill (his speed).

I’d like to see this offense get the ball to DQ James in space. We are literally wasting our best offensive playmaker and I wouldn’t be surprised if he transfers rather than languish on the bench.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 299 times
Been liked: 119 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:17 am
LanderPoke wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:48 am I'd like to see what Peasley can do throwing the gosh darn ball 30+ times a game. I bet good things would happen.

Huh?? Peasley threw the ball 20 times against SJSU and completed 6 of them. He was wildly inaccurate all game although the protection wasn’t very good either. He made a terrible decision to throw the receiver screen when the receiver was jammed at the line. Against SJSU, I cringed every time we dropped back to throw.

I’d like to see this offense get the tight ends and full backs more involved in the pass game (we did try one throw to the FB but it was at his feet). I’d like to see Peasley take more advantage of his best skill (his speed).

I’d like to see this offense get the ball to DQ James in space. We are literally wasting our best offensive playmaker and I wouldn’t be surprised if he transfers rather than languish on the bench.
For the life of me, I don't understand why DQ isn't fielding KO's and punt returns. Especially if he is only going to get 2 carries a game (SJSU), 0 carries a game (bWHYu), O carries a game (AFA), 3 carries a game (UNC), 2 carries a game (Tulsa), and 2 carries a game (Illinois). But what do I know, I coach little league. :roll:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
DamThatRiver22
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 35 times

Peasley was also constantly on the run with zero time to throw...and I don't know if you noticed, but there were several blatant drops by receivers as well. This is a problem our QBs have had for years. Even Josh Allen had massive issues with receivers not getting separation and dropping passes.

Again, refer to my above post. If anyone thinks trotting out a 7th QB in 6 years is going to magically solve our issues, I don't really know what else to tell them.

Bohl is stuck in the old-school pro-style Nebraska scheme of putting a mobile QB behind a huge OL that's great in run blocking, but not so good in pass pro. You rely on the QB's mobility and the OL's pure freakish size and athleticism to simply manhandle defenses and wear them down over time....while depending on tall receivers with large catch radiuses to win 50/50 balls.

The problem is, while you can put together a squad that can dominate like that in the FCS, and you can get the offensive linemen to run that scheme somewhat well in the B1G still, it doesn't work in Laramie (due to our inability to get those kind of linemen consistently) or anywhere else (due to the fact that defensive minds figured out how to defend that scheme a long freaking time ago, which is why really only a handful of B1G teams still use it and that's it). Add that to the fact that we can't develop receiver talent to save our lives, in spite of how many tall, speedy receivers we recruit....it's no wonder we have no passing game and haven't had one since 2016.

I saw someone make a pretty good point on twitter a while back....like I get it. You come up playing in that system, coaching that system, defending against that system, watching that system literally win national championships at the FBS level 25 years ago, and at the FCS level only 10 years ago...it's hard to adjust as a coach. But if he can't adjust....no amount of switching our QBs is gonna fix it.
Last edited by DamThatRiver22 on Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

Up and down with a young team? Maybe that is to be expected? Regardless, should have been a better performance and I'm sure the entire team is disappointed.

I'll hold judgement for another game. It's a matchup where this young team should be able to pull out a win. A good sign will be a bounce-back game and put the hammer on the blowbos. Bohl doesn't have a good track record against them, so a dominant win on the road would be a really good sign. If it goes the other way, well, then, same old, same old, I guess.

I'd like to see 1 more game before jumping off the cliff.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.