2022 expections

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
bullbugle307
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 21 times

I've got wins against Tulsa, unc, unm, and sjsu. Maybe we pick up utsu at home. Don't see us beating Hawaii on the road, but it's possible. I'm gonna say 5-7, and anything beyond that exceeds expectations this year.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Hunter S. Thompson
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 89 times

4-8

Considering last year was one of our best teams in world history according to Bohl, what we lost on defense and the reality that Bohl's offensive philosophy is garbage - we will be lucky to get to 4 wins. And along the way, we get to lose to BYU (badly) and CSU. The trophy case will be empty, with the possible exception of the Paniolo, which is no sure thing considering the anal attack we all witnessed last season. The good news...we are saved the annual Bohl French Fry Golden Shower on the Blue in Boise in December.

Saturday, Aug. 27 @ Illinois - Loss

Saturday, Sept. 3 vs. Tulsa - Win

Saturday, Sept. 10 vs. Northern Colorado - Win

Saturday, Sept. 17 vs. Air Force - Loss

Saturday, Sept. 24 @ BYU - Loss

Saturday, Oct. 1 vs. San Jose State - Win

Saturday, Oct. 8 @ New Mexico - Loss

Saturday, Oct. 15 BYE - Pick 'em

Saturday, Oct. 22 vs. Utah State - Loss

Saturday, Oct. 29 @ Hawaii - Win

Saturday, Nov. 5 BYE - Pick 'em

Saturday, Nov. 12 @ Colorado State - Loss

Saturday, Nov. 19 vs. Boise State - Loss

Saturday, Nov. 26 @ Fresno State - Loss
cowpoke pride
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

No clue. Possibly 7-8. Possibly 2. SOOOOO MANY UNKNOWNS this year. Hopefully 6 so that we can play the 5th place school from the MAC in cold ass Boise again.
cowboyz
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

LawPoke wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:37 am 4-8

Considering last year was one of our best teams in world history according to Bohl, what we lost on defense and the reality that Bohl's offensive philosophy is garbage - we will be lucky to get to 4 wins. And along the way, we get to lose to BYU (badly) and CSU. The trophy case will be empty, with the possible exception of the Paniolo, which is no sure thing considering the anal attack we all witnessed last season. The good news...we are saved the annual Bohl French Fry Golden Shower on the Blue in Boise in December.

Saturday, Aug. 27 @ Illinois - Loss

Saturday, Sept. 3 vs. Tulsa - Win

Saturday, Sept. 10 vs. Northern Colorado - Win

Saturday, Sept. 17 vs. Air Force - Loss

Saturday, Sept. 24 @ BYU - Loss

Saturday, Oct. 1 vs. San Jose State - Win

Saturday, Oct. 8 @ New Mexico - Loss

Saturday, Oct. 15 BYE - Pick 'em

Saturday, Oct. 22 vs. Utah State - Loss

Saturday, Oct. 29 @ Hawaii - Win

Saturday, Nov. 5 BYE - Pick 'em

Saturday, Nov. 12 @ Colorado State - Loss

Saturday, Nov. 19 vs. Boise State - Loss

Saturday, Nov. 26 @ Fresno State - Loss
Can't argue with your breakdown, but I hope we can figure out how to beat NM and continue our recent success over CSU, as I'd like to qualify for any bowl game. Even the lesser bowl games give us more practice and helps with recruiting. But I'd settle for one win if it was vs BYU. There's a good chance they'll have a losing record when we play them. It'd be nice to be the ones that end their season so early. If we beat them there is a good chance they won't qualify for a bowl game.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 229 times

MWC media picks Wyoming to finish ahead of New Mexico.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mountain-wes ... 11804.html
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 304 times
Been liked: 119 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:34 am MWC media picks Wyoming to finish ahead of New Mexico.

Well, chalk that up as a loss for certain then. Only Hawaii, UNLV, and New Mexico received lower vote totals.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

McPeachy wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:19 am
OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:34 am MWC media picks Wyoming to finish ahead of New Mexico.

Well, chalk that up as a loss for certain then. Only Hawaii, UNLV, and New Mexico received lower vote totals.
If I was voting, I would have picked Wyoming in the basement of the Mountain division unfortunately. But I do agree that Hawaii (a mess after last year) and UNLV (coached by Arroyo) are likely to be worse. I also believe that Wyoming will be better than Nevada. But then again - I'm picking CSU to win the Mountain Division so what do I know.
aranderson
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

I'm personally sitting at 5 wins myself, however I also see the ceiling at 7 wins, and the floor at 3. Just my thoughts. Now best case scenario we see some crazy turnaround of sorts and see us potentially bust out like in '16, highly unlikely, but he'll at this point I will take what I can get. I'd like to have a surprise.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/mountain-w ... 27081.html

Pre-season All-Conference team...no Wyoming players.
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:57 am https://www.yahoo.com/sports/mountain-w ... 27081.html

Swen makes the Doak Walker list but snubbed on all conference list. Makes sense
I'm good for 3!
wypoke
Buckaroo

Love the POKES, but absolutely no confidence in Bohl.
My prediction: 3-9 (3 wins and 9 losses)

Illinois (Away) LOSS - Illinois has same personnel problems as WYO. Barry Lunney, Jr., UI's new offensive coordinator is the REAL deal. He will do more with less. Burman should note what a real offensive coordinator looks like.

Tulsa (Home) WIN - Sloppy game with plenty of errors, but WYO squeaks out a victory.

Northern Colorado (Home) WIN - A good showing by NO CO, but WYO notches a win.

Air Force (Home) LOSS - Pokes play tough, but AF ground game wears us down.

BYU (Away) LOSS - BYU dominates big time. WYO now stands at 2-3 after 5 games.

San Jose State (Home) WIN - 6th game into the season and WYO is nursing key injuries, but SJS can't keep up with us in War Memorial Stadium.
Now starts the skid!

New Mexico (Away) LOSS - WYO injuries still a problem. WYO drops a game we should have won.

Utah State (HOME) LOSS - Home cooking no help to WYO. Utah State wins easily.

Hawaii (AWAY) LOSS - After two consecutive losses questions beginning to creep into WYO locker room prior to game. Now 3 consecutive losses and WYO stands at 3-6.

CSU (AWAY) LOSS - Rams pour it on WYO. WYO players just want the season to end.

Boise State (Home) LOSS - Poor showing by WYO. Now fans just want the season to end.

Fresno State (Home) LOSS - WYO injuries, dejected players and dejected fans end the season.

A 3-9 season, with 6 consecutive losses continues Bohl's overall 10 year loosing record at WYO.
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

Cornpoke wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:56 am
OrediggerPoke wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:57 am https://www.yahoo.com/sports/mountain-w ... 27081.html

Calvin Tyler (USU) and George Holani (BSU) also make the Doak Walker list. Shoiuld the media have named 4-5 preseason all MW RBs?
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

BackHarlowRoad wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:24 pm
Cornpoke wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:56 am

Calvin Tyler (USU) and George Holani (BSU) also make the Doak Walker list. Shoiuld the media have named 4-5 preseason all MW RBs?
Correct. I believe the MWC has 4 players on the list

Swen is good but he isn’t even the only Wyoming running back from last year’s team on the list. Valladay also received the nod.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 126 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 2:37 pm

If I was voting, I would have picked Wyoming in the basement of the Mountain division unfortunately. But I do agree that Hawaii (a mess after last year) and UNLV (coached by Arroyo) are likely to be worse. I also believe that Wyoming will be better than Nevada. But then again - I'm picking CSU to win the Mountain Division so what do I know.
Why is everyone expecting “goat U” to do so well. Norvell may be a decent coach, maybe, but first year, new program……..I just don’t see that fast of a turn around.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 304 times
Been liked: 119 times

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:02 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 2:37 pm

Why is everyone expecting “goat U” to do so well. Norvell may be a decent coach, maybe, but first year, new program……..I just don’t see that fast of a turn around.
He took basically all the best parts (sans QB) with him to Fort Fart from Nevada...and I guess QB is looking solid as it stands. He is also one of the best at recruiting the portal and being able to plug and play, something Bohl is far from understanding how it works.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Another ho hum 6-6 season where some parts of the season will have us look like world beaters and some of it like why do we even bother....agreed I'm more ready for Bball and soon!!!
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

6-6 and the Potato Bowl like every year. Wash, rinse, repeat.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy

I think it looks like 2016 year. Some bad games for sure. Better passing and Swen is going to look like Brian Hill. The offense won’t be as good or consistent as that year, but the defense will be better than 2016. So I am going to be optimistic.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

marcuswyo wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:50 am I think it looks like 2016 year. Some bad games for sure. Better passing and Swen is going to look like Brian Hill. The offense won’t be as good or consistent as that year, but the defense will be better than 2016. So I am going to be optimistic.
Why would the defense be better? Here are some guys from the 2016 defense:
1) Eric Nzeocha
2) Logan Wilson
3) Lucas Wacha
4) Cassh Maluia
5) Rico Gafford
6) Marcus Epps
7) Tyler Hall
8) Andrew Wingard

The 2016 defense is similar in respect to a young team with a few veterans sprinkled in. Do you believe the current defensive roster matches the talent of the 2016 defense? I’m doubtful we have 8 guys on that side of the ball who can make it into an NFL training camp.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy

No this team doesn’t have the same defensive talent as the 2016 team. However neither did last years. The 2021 team held opponents to 23 points a game vs 34 points a game in 2016.

In a year 9 of Bohl’s defense I doubt his teams will start giving up 30 points per game. His defense is 3 deep at corner with 14 Sec and Big Ten starts between the transfers. I think pass rush could be good.

It comes down to offensive improvement and that starts with QB and running Running back. We have a running back, so this season hinges on how good Peasley can be.