2022 expections

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 11 times

So WTF do we expect this year??? This year has no positive buzz around it. 6-6 at best or 5-7 is what I am thinking. Who will be the starting QB? :tickedoff:
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

A sub .500 conference record and snarky comments from HCCB.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 144 times

Subcanis wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:40 pm A sub .500 conference record and snarky comments from HCCB.
*after a loss to hawaii and New Mexico

“First of all, that’s a good football team out there”
W-Y, Until I Die!
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 62 times

I think 5 wins is the right number...I have thought maybe 4 or less but I think it will be 5.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

I think 7 to 8 wins. I don’t see how they don’t start Peasley. Bohl should be fired if it’s a five win season. Running game should be good. Passing game will be better than recent years but nothing world beating or overly exciting, but I am guessing 200 plus yards per game.
Hotkarl
Buckaroo
Been liked: 5 times

Im guessing 8 wins. I think yall are underestimating how much of an upgrade qb will be.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Hotkarl wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:42 pm Im guessing 8 wins. I think yall are underestimating how much of an upgrade qb will be.
But will they let him pass? And will the Pokes have anybody to catch it?
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 299 times
Been liked: 127 times

Adv8RU12 wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:46 pm
Hotkarl wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:42 pm Im guessing 8 wins. I think yall are underestimating how much of an upgrade qb will be.
But will they let him pass? And will the Pokes have anybody to catch it?
every 3rd and long, right before a punt.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Don’t even care. How many more days until College basketball starts…

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Were you curious to see what Brett Smith would look like under Bohl?

I think Peasley is a similar player.

I think this year could be great or it is an end of a coaching era.

FYI Bohl could have found tons of pieces over the years and he refused too. How many players would have played with JA after his 2016 year? He’s an idiot.

Also: Burman should be tied to a railroad track for willing to play BYU.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 144 times

8. I'm saying we beat fresno at the end now. The Tulsa/Illinois could easily be flipped but I like to pick the most heartbreaking way to be 1-1 after the first 2 games.

This might be the best RB corp i've seen in a while. We're probably 4 deep there. Cobbs won't be Neyor but he'll be good but we need to utilize the TE. Listen, Peasley doesn't need to be great. He just needs to be better than Williams. Levi had some great games but we need Peasley to have a higher floor and we'll be looking real good. The pass game only needs to punish teams for stacking the box. It doesn't need to carry us but it needs to be there. I'm quite surprised the running game has carried us to as many bowl games as it has. An average passing game and we win 9+ games . But that's the big question isn't it? The line between 8/9 wins and 3/4 is always small. We'll see.
W Illinois (Peasley throws for 280 and 3TDS)
L Tulsa (We just beat a P5 so naturally we'll drop this one)
W UNC
W AF (always close, we get them this time)
L BYU (God hates me is why)
W SJSU (we finally beat the dreaded spartans)
W UNM (Lobos finally play a spirited wyoming team)
W Ut St. ( I didn't think they were great last year and still don't)
W Hawaii (Sure)
L CSU (Playing the odds)
L BSU (Lose by 6 because we can't win without nfl qb converting 2 pt conversion and no Appleby)
L Fresno (Felt like a good way to end the season)
W-Y, Until I Die!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

Once again the schedule is pretty weak overall, so theoretically, should be in most games with a chance to win.

I think the D will simply reload and be solid. If I'm wrong, look out. The season could get out of hand. I really don't think that will be the case but definitely an unknown.

It all boils down to passing offense once again. We don't have the dominant receiver to bail out the QBs, so the QBs will actually have to throw well. Do we have one that can do it? Will Bohl let them? This is such a big question mark, it is really hard to predict. The very limited news out of Spring ball was not encouraging, imo.

If the O is somewhat functional, I'm guessing 7-8 wins.
If the O is like every other non-Josh year, I'm guessing 3-4 wins.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 119 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:07 am Once again the schedule is pretty weak overall, so theoretically, should be in most games with a chance to win.

I think the D will simply reload and be solid. If I'm wrong, look out. The season could get out of hand. I really don't think that will be the case but definitely an unknown.

It all boils down to passing offense once again. We don't have the dominant receiver to bail out the QBs, so the QBs will actually have to throw well. Do we have one that can do it? Will Bohl let them? This is such a big question mark, it is really hard to predict. The very limited news out of Spring ball was not encouraging, imo.

If the O is somewhat functional, I'm guessing 7-8 wins.
If the O is like every other non-Josh year, I'm guessing 3-4 wins.
Agree with that prediction completely. I have been told that this spring, and so far summer, have been the toughest yet under the Bohl regime. His seat is warming, and he is feeling the pressure. If he can't get it done for $2,000,000 a year, GTFO of here, and get somebody that can. Of course, that would mean that we need an AD that has some balls, and stops dumbing down the position, goal, objective, etc.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

6 wins. Wash, rinse, repeat
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

Not to toot my own horn, but I got it exactly right last year predicting 6-6. I said it would be the end of the Bohl era. Sadly, I was wrong about that. I'm going to take the average number of wins in Bohl's first 2 seasons. That should get us a total of 3 wins. We get 2 wins OOC and 1 in conference.

I will also predict that attendance will start to decline. High ticket prices along with 9 dollar beers are hard to stomach when the team wins 1 home conference game. This year will probably be no different.
Then, Burman will be forced to act.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

Not to toot my own horn, but I got it exactly right last year predicting 6-6. I said it would be the end of the Bohl era. Sadly, I was wrong about that. I'm going to take the average number of wins in Bohl's first 2 seasons. That should get us a total of 3 wins. We get 2 wins OOC and 1 in conference.

I will also predict that attendance will start to decline. High ticket prices along with 9 dollar beers are hard to stomach when the team wins 1 home conference game. This year will probably be no different.
Then, Burman will be forced to act.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 230 times

I already predicted 3-4 wins. I’ll be impressed if the staff can get this team to 6 wins. If things really go south and given the inexperienced defense (remember 2016), a Koenning type year isn’t out of the question.
GoPokes86
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 10 times

Prove me wrong, but I'm thinking 4-8. I really hope Peasley can get the ball downfield in this O. If we can be even slightly more efficient in the passing game, that's a win. I've said it once, and I'll say it again, very meh feeling this year.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

GoPokes86 wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 7:58 pm Prove me wrong, but I'm thinking 4-8. I really hope Peasley can get the ball downfield in this O. If we can be even slightly more efficient in the passing game, that's a win. I've said it once, and I'll say it again, very meh feeling this year.
I have to agree - 4 seems to be the number of wins I expect of the Pokes. Last year, Bohl was pretty adamant that he had his deepest team to date, and yet with arguably one of the weakest schedules in a long time, he ends up at 6-6. He's got a lot greener group and an unproven QB and I don't think that spells success. I hope they prove me wrong, but at this stage of Bohl's tenure, I think our expectations need to be a lot lower.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 230 times

CowboyNV wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 2:14 am
GoPokes86 wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 7:58 pm Prove me wrong, but I'm thinking 4-8. I really hope Peasley can get the ball downfield in this O. If we can be even slightly more efficient in the passing game, that's a win. I've said it once, and I'll say it again, very meh feeling this year.
I have to agree - 4 seems to be the number of wins I expect of the Pokes. Last year, Bohl was pretty adamant that he had his deepest team to date, and yet with arguably one of the weakest schedules in a long time, he ends up at 6-6. He's got a lot greener group and an unproven QB and I don't think that spells success. I hope they prove me wrong, but at this stage of Bohl's tenure, I think our expectations need to be a lot lower.
I agree with this. The last time we had a defense with this level of experience was 2016. That defense was full of talent but was terrible given their experience.

As to the offense - Peasley isn’t Josh Allen because no one on this planet is. Gunner isn’t Tanner. Machado isn’t Roullier. Swen and Welch may not be too much of a drop off from Hill and Hollister.