MAJOR SHOCKER: USC & UCLA to the Big Ten by 2024!!!

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 144 times

I don’t see a scenario where the majority of the MW end up with Stanford and Cal. It’ll be WSU and Oregon St. Imagine being a fan from cal and Stanford and now your games are against Boise, sdsu, Fresno and joser. They’d burn down the stadium.
W-Y, Until I Die!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

laxwyo wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:24 pm I don’t see a scenario where the majority of the MW end up with Stanford and Cal. It’ll be WSU and Oregon St. Imagine being a fan from cal and Stanford and now your games are against Boise, sdsu, Fresno and joser. They’d burn down the stadium.
My guess on the Bay Area schools...Stanford heads for the Big Ten as a condition made by Notre Dame to have ND join the Big Ten. As for Cal, who knows.

BTW, should Wazzu and Oregon State end up in the MW, I could see the MW adding Gonzaga for all the Olympic sports and keeping Hawaii for football only.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Wyokie wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:34 pm
laxwyo wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:24 pm I don’t see a scenario where the majority of the MW end up with Stanford and Cal. It’ll be WSU and Oregon St. Imagine being a fan from cal and Stanford and now your games are against Boise, sdsu, Fresno and joser. They’d burn down the stadium.
My guess on the Bay Area schools...Stanford heads for the Big Ten as a condition made by Notre Dame to have ND join the Big Ten. As for Cal, who knows.

BTW, should Wazzu and Oregon State end up in the MW, I could see the MW adding Gonzaga for all the Olympic sports and keeping Hawaii for football only.
Stanford has some value in football, they would fit in nicely with academics of the Big10 and if Notre Dame joins. Cal doesn't really offer anything other than a mediocre football program with an apathetic fan base and no market value. Cal, Oreg St, WSU are all in precarious positions at this time.
I'm good for 3!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

Big12 needs to invite Oregon and WA now. As part of the agreement, they don't have to sign contracts and are free to leave at any time.

When rest of Pac12 asks to join, they sign contracts. Big12 can select any team they want from the Pac.

OR and WA help TV immediately and will likely be around 2 years minimum. The Big12 will be strong enough to withstand their eventual departure.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
Hotkarl
Buckaroo
Been liked: 5 times

My guess, Oregon, Stanford And Washington to the big ten. There is a reformation of what is the left overs of the big 12 and Pac minus Houston and byu(possibly even TCU is left out). Then the ACC will have a big fall out with UNC, Clemson, Miami. And FSU to the SEC and MB Duke and Pitt to the big ten. Then we have two super conferences and a few scrap mid majors
cowboyz
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Cornpoke wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:46 am
Wyokie wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:34 pm

Stanford has some value in football, they would fit in nicely with academics of the Big10 and if Notre Dame joins. Cal doesn't really offer anything other than a mediocre football program with an apathetic fan base and no market value. Cal, Oreg St, WSU are all in precarious positions at this time.
Stanford has massive value for athletics. They've won more athletic National Championships than any other college. Their academics are unquestioned. They'll find a home with no problems. Cal on the other hand, welcome to the Mountain West Conference!