MAJOR SHOCKER: USC & UCLA to the Big Ten by 2024!!!

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

https://theathletic.com/news/usc-ucla-b ... i1kz0RAuh/

Good bye PAC-12. I could see the Rose Bowl game organizers being pissed about this.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

It’s already a done deal according to ESPN now. I don’t think the PAC 12 is done by any means. You will most likely see the PAC 12 take 6 Big 12 teams: Texas Tech, Oklahoma St., Kansas, Baylor, TCU and either K St./Iowa St. to get to 16 teams… which is what the SEC will have now and the Big Ten will also have now.

Then the ACC will take 2 teams from the Big 12 so they can get up to 16 teams also. Probably West Virginia and then either Kansas St or Iowa St.

Leaves Big 12 with

Kansas St/Iowa St. (one that doesn’t go to ACC)
BYU
UCF
Cincinnati
Houston

So either Big 12 is gone or they add more MWC, CUSA and AAC teams. They would need to add at least 3 I believe.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 60 times

Holy moly!!!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

This is a big shake up. Wonder if the MWC will remain intact
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Does anyone actually want Colorado? Colorado and Utah to the MW!
W-Y, Until I Die!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

laxwyo wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:12 pm Does anyone actually want Colorado? Colorado and Utah to the MW!
I could see Utah returning but Colorado? Not a chance in hell!!!!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 119 times

So if the Pac12 backfills with MW teams, say SDSU, Boise St, Utah St, CSU …..where does that leave us? I k ow some will reply saying it won’t be those teams, but my question is still valid.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:53 pm So if the Pac12 backfills with MW teams, say SDSU, Boise St, Utah St, CSU …..where does that leave us? I k ow some will reply saying it won’t be those teams, but my question is still valid.
IF that happens which I doubt seriously...we'll be in the Big Sky or a version of it with the Montana schools.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

It's far more complicated than what I'm about to say but...one conference will be dead...either the PAC-12 or the Mountain West!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:53 pm So if the Pac12 backfills with MW teams, say SDSU, Boise St, Utah St, CSU …..where does that leave us? I k ow some will reply saying it won’t be those teams, but my question is still valid.
Isn’t it more likely they backfill with big12 schools?
W-Y, Until I Die!
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

laxwyo wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:29 pm
Isn’t it more likely they backfill with big12 schools?
Possibly, but UW isn’t in the Big12.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

Rumor: Oregon and Washington have applied to join the Big Ten!!!! Buckle up, kids, this roller coaster is going to get bumpy really fast.

I do think the MW will survive and might get some leftovers from what's left of the PAC-12.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Wyokie wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:04 pm Rumor: Oregon and Washington have applied to join the Big Ten!!!! Buckle up, kids, this roller coaster is going to get bumpy really fast.

I do think the MW will survive and might get some leftovers from what's left of the PAC-12.
When it all shakes out, Wyoming will get left behind in a MAC level league. In this new college landscape of NIL, I’m honestly pretty apathetic to the ultimate result.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

On the plus side, I think our chances of a conference championship went up :rofl:

Honestly, I could see Utah, CU, AZ State, AZ, Oregon St, Cal, Stanford, Baylor, OSU, Kansas, KState, Iowa State, TT, TCU, or something forming a conference.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:08 am On the plus side, I think our chances of a conference championship went up :rofl:

Honestly, I could see Utah, CU, AZ State, AZ, Oregon St, Cal, Stanford, Baylor, OSU, Kansas, KState, Iowa State, TT, TCU, or something forming a conference.
I've heard Kansas looking to the Big East. Kansas will never be a football school and the tv money for playing basketball in a pacific time zone can't be very good. Pac 12 is in a lot of trouble. Oregon st., Wash.st, Cal, and the Arizona schools have been second tier at best for years. CU hasn't been relevant for 20 years.
I would suspect Oregon will leave.
There will be 2 super conferences - The big 10 and the SEC. Everything else will be nearly irrelevant.
No one will be jumping ship to the MWC. On the other hand, Boise state would probably have no problem going to the Pac 12 or the Big 12. Would it benefit them to jump onto a sinking ship? Maybe all our ships are sinking in the next 5 years.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

bladerunnr wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:54 am
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:08 am On the plus side, I think our chances of a conference championship went up :rofl:

I've heard Kansas looking to the Big East. Kansas will never be a football school and the tv money for playing basketball in a pacific time zone can't be very good. Pac 12 is in a lot of trouble. Oregon st., Wash.st, Cal, and the Arizona schools have been second tier at best for years. CU hasn't been relevant for 20 years.
I would suspect Oregon will leave.
There will be 2 super conferences - The big 10 and the SEC. Everything else will be nearly irrelevant.
No one will be jumping ship to the MWC. On the other hand, Boise state would probably have no problem going to the Pac 12 or the Big 12. Would it benefit them to jump onto a sinking ship? Maybe all our ships are sinking in the next 5 years.
Big 12 and Pac 12 remnants are still superior to the next level down.

The remnants will reform under the Pac banner to avoid lawsuits from recent Big12 additions. The ACC will be involved (WV?) and some teams could get left out.

The Big 12 invites and other leftovers will patch together whatever remains + best G5 schools under Big12 banner but new name.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

Wyokie wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:04 pm Rumor: Oregon and Washington have applied to join the Big Ten!!!! Buckle up, kids, this roller coaster is going to get bumpy really fast.

It’s nice to dream but I agree with oredigger, this always ends up bad for Wyoming. MW To add Colorado,
Utah, Washington st and oregon st would be cool.
W-Y, Until I Die!
cowpoke pride
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

The PAC12 has no one to blame but themselves thinking that they were immune from getting poached because of geography as they did nothing to fix their TV deal for years and years. Geography ceased to be important 12 years ago.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

I’m becoming pretty “meh” and indifferent to college football with all of this realignment, Nil, just all of the BS. Unfortunately I just don’t see a real great future for Wyo to remain in any D1 conference and believe our real future is elsewhere. Not sure where……..
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:21 pm I’m becoming pretty “meh” and indifferent to college football with all of this realignment, Nil, just all of the BS. Unfortunately I just don’t see a real great future for Wyo to remain in any D1 conference and believe our real future is elsewhere. Not sure where……..
I honestly got a headache outta of the while realignment B. S.

Case in point...rumor is that Kansas is heading for the Big East. O.K. I could see it EXCEPT where in the absolute bloody hell is the football team going to play?! The Big East doesn't sponsor football anymore! :tickedoff:

Another case in point which REALLY blows my mind is Incarnate Word (based out of San Antonio). Currently they are in the Southland Conference. They accepted an invitation to join the WAC this past November (the WAC has FCS Football now - don't ask, you'll libel to need to down a gallon of moonshine in 5 minutes flat for that). O.K. I get it. BUT... Literally a week before officially joining the WAC on July 1, 2022 with all the conference football schedules figured out AND released, UIW decides that "Nah, they're good. UIW will stay in Southland. Thanks for inviting us but no, thanks." :roll:

Thank Gawd, I'm not an athletic director. I don't think I would survive the stress with my sanity intact. :roll: