Athlon not buying what Bohl is selling

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

WYO1016 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:04 pm I swear, we could go 12-1 with an LA Bowl win and you would all bitch about Bohl losing 1 game. This has got to be the whiniest football board on the web.
If all that happened and the one loss was against BYU, this board (me especially) would go super nuclear!!!!!! :tickedoff:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

WYO1016 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:04 pm I swear, we could go 12-1 with an LA Bowl win and you would all bitch about Bohl losing 1 game. This has got to be the whiniest football board on the web.
Baby steps. How about above .500 in a relatively weak MWC without Josh Allen?
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
wypoke
Buckaroo

Easy, easy guys. No one is whining.
A great many of us are loyal POKE fans. We are simply frustrated by Bohl's overall losing record after 9 seasons coupled with the apparent lack of concern by his superiors.
Arguing over this board's respondents whining even if Bohl were to go 12-1 (includes a bowl win) is ridiculous.
BOHL COULD NOT GO 12-1 EVEN IN A FANTASY FOOTBALL LEAGUE!
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 80 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:05 pm
Baby steps. How about above .500 in a relatively weak MWC without Josh Allen?
If we were in year 2 or even year 4, complaining about a coach could be seen as premature and possibly whiny. We are a decade into this guy and we are seeing fairly consistent and mediocre results. At year 9 or 10, the die is cast. Reality is, Bohl is a middlin' coach in a meh conference. That isn't changing based on his long track record...thus the antsy and increasingly bilic comments about the Head Man. The antsy tone is only intensified when you see schools like San Jose, Utah State and others have championship level success in MUCH SHORTER windows of time.

If you like.500 ball and meaningless bowl wins in Boise, I think Bohl is your man. If you want more, I think he has proven he is not. Those who stay will be old and gray before they become champions in this outfit.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

LawPoke wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:46 am
If you like.500 ball and meaningless bowl wins in Boise, I think Bohl is your man. If you want more, I think he has proven he is not. Those who stay will be old and gray before they become champions in this outfit.
This sums it up pretty well. A lot of people like WYO1016 are pretty satisfied with finishing middle of the pack with 1 of the weakest schedules in CFB. This crowd generally feels the security of mediocre is more valuable than the risk of worse if chasing more upside. Hell, maybe they're right?

Others would like to be more competitive and would risk being worse for the chance to be better. I'm more in this camp. A 4 win season isn't a lot different than a 6 win season to me.

All depends on your mentality. Safety and security vs risk and reward. Bohl has shown that without a Josh Allen, he's safe and secure.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

I guess I don’t necessarily fit in with the ‘if we get rid of Bohl, we will be good crowd.’ I actually think he has been moderately successful over the years (when looking at the last 25 years) and that there is a decent chance we will be worse when Wyoming goes in a new direction at head coach.

My observations for next year are based on the realities of our roster. Incoming talent looks nowhere close to outgoing talent (I certainly hope I’m wrong). Bohl’s biggest weakness that I see is that he is unwilling to adopt his mindset of the ‘system’ and ‘developing players’ to the realities of NIL and transfer portal and college free agency. This will ultimately be his downfall
IMO. I hope I’m wrong but clearly my expectations for next year are one of the lowest on the board (when I’ve generally been pretty optimistic over recent years). I’d hardly classify this as ‘whining’ and more of trying to accurately access where we are at as a program by taking off the brown and good glasses to the extent they can be shed.

No one on here hopes to lose and I’d have to assume everyone wants Bohl to be successful. All fans are somewhat delusional. But I can’t imagine that any neutral non-Wyoming fan observers are overly impressed with Wyoming’s roster makeup either at this point. I’m still hoping for a miracle but just not counting on one at all.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

I often thought that Bohl would be Glenn 2.0 and that appears to be the case. I do think the mwc is weak enough where something good can happen if you have a good qb, paired with a running game. Is there a QB that will be good on this roster?
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

Make no mistake, I'm happy with the overall culture Bohl has built. Quality individuals that play hard. Easy to be proud of the kids.

Not a fan of how Bohl limits access, but if he could ever field even a half assed offense, he'd be golden. I'm just not confident he'll ever be able to get an offense on the field. Maybe he can and the patience will pay off.

I'm not anti-Bohl but I'm damn sure not a staunch supporter either. I want the POKES to have great seasons no matter whose name is on the HC door. We haven't been having great seasons and appear to be trending in the wrong direction the past few years with a predicted poor season this year.

If that's a whiny fanbase to you, then your expectations are pretty low.
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 60 times

Maybe this next year is make or break for Bohl?

Not that he's on the hot seat.... Just that for a lot of fans, the door is almost shut on their energy investment in the program. If he has the same conference record or worse.... Fan base continues to bleed enthusiasm and every year that happens, it gets harder to come back from.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 119 times

307bball wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:47 am
Itsux2beaewe wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:22 pm Athlon has Goat Ewe predicted over us. Don’t see it, not buying it. Boise St isn’t the power they were either. I guess we’ll see.
How would you rank the mountain division then?

My predicted finish:

1. AFA
2. BSU
3. CSU (this hurts but I think they have finally gotten it right with Norvell)
4. WYO
5. USU
6. UNM
BSU
USU
AFA
Wyo
CSU
UNM

Norvill won’t turn it around first year.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:52 pm
307bball wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:47 am
Itsux2beaewe wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:22 pm Athlon has Goat Ewe predicted over us. Don’t see it, not buying it. Boise St isn’t the power they were either. I guess we’ll see.
How would you rank the mountain division then?

My predicted finish:

1. AFA
2. BSU
3. CSU (this hurts but I think they have finally gotten it right with Norvell)
4. WYO
5. USU
6. UNM
BSU
USU
AFA
Wyo
CSU
UNM

Norvill won’t turn it around first year.
This
WYO_Fan_inPA
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 10 times

If it is lack of discipline on the field, that is the coaching's issue. They aren't doing well enough to teach the players how to play according to the rules.