Transfer Portal Availability

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times
Been liked: 115 times

So many talented "plug & play" guys available right now - it is just crazy. Several solid athletes out there without homes...

Quavaris Couch, LB, Michigan State
Lorenzo McCaskill, LB, Louisiana
Gerry Bohanon, QB, Baylor
Emory Jones, QB, Florida
Zion Childress, FS, Texas State (had 135 tackles LY)
Carlos Del Rio-Wilson, QB, Florida

Does Wyoming & the staff have the balls to even reach out to these types of available players? I think not.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Keyon Blankenbaker, Wyoming
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

McPeachy wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 8:22 am So many talented "plug & play" guys available right now - it is just crazy. Several solid athletes out there without homes...

Quavaris Couch, LB, Michigan State
Lorenzo McCaskill, LB, Louisiana
Gerry Bohanon, QB, Baylor
Emory Jones, QB, Florida
Zion Childress, FS, Texas State (had 135 tackles LY)
Carlos Del Rio-Wilson, QB, Florida

Does Wyoming & the staff have the balls to even reach out to these types of available players? I think not.
QB will be the most volatile position in the portal as they will move around. Bill Snyder built K-State on plug & play juco guys. He would thrive in today's CFB
I'm good for 3!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times
Been liked: 115 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 10:02 am Keyon Blankenbaker, Wyoming
Bridge Burned. Especially with our stubborn assed HC.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 80 times

McPeachy wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 10:28 am
And this is my biggest issue with Bohl - he is so damned stubborn. I don’t mind having a hard assed identity, Saban and Belicheck do too, but they also adapt to the times, their personnel and their circumstance. Bohl is incapable, unwilling and defiant to change - and wears it as a badge of honor and machismos. And it bites him and us all the time.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

LawPoke wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 1:15 pm
McPeachy wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 10:28 am
And this is my biggest issue with Bohl - he is so damned stubborn. I don’t mind having a hard assed identity, Saban and Belicheck do too, but they also adapt to the times, their personnel and their circumstance. Bohl is incapable, unwilling and defiant to change - and wears it as a badge of honor and machismos. And it bites him and us all the time.
I think Alabama will be one of the big losers in the future. Top recruits go to bama for the almost guarantee of an nfl careers. They’ll now have the chance to go get paid at some of the big schools. I think a school like Texas is primed to be the big winner. I don’t thing Alabama alums can compete with Texas boosters but that’s just me.
W-Y, Until I Die!
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

laxwyo wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 2:28 pm I think Alabama will be one of the big losers in the future. Top recruits go to bama for the almost guarantee of an nfl careers. They’ll now have the chance to go get paid at some of the big schools. I think a school like Texas is primed to be the big winner. I don’t thing Alabama alums can compete with Texas boosters but that’s just me.
I think Bama will still be Bama, but I 100% agree that Texas boosters are licking their chops. The only people more crazy about football than SEC fans are Texas fans.
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

WYO1016 wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 3:21 pm
laxwyo wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 2:28 pm I think Alabama will be one of the big losers in the future. Top recruits go to bama for the almost guarantee of an nfl careers. They’ll now have the chance to go get paid at some of the big schools. I think a school like Texas is primed to be the big winner. I don’t thing Alabama alums can compete with Texas boosters but that’s just me.
I think Bama will still be Bama, but I 100% agree that Texas boosters are licking their chops. The only people more crazy about football than SEC fans are Texas fans.
Are UT-austin fans that much more passionate about their football than other SEC teams? I certainly didn't get that feeling being in Austin or when they came to play in Laramie, as compared to say the Nebraska fans. Austin reminds me a lot of Boulder, a hipster town that has so many other things going on. Now Texas A&M? That's a rabidly passionate fanbase. If we are strictly talking about Booster money then yeah Texas is one of the biggest players but the fan base seems so wine & cheese crowd.
I'm good for 3!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Cornpoke wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 9:22 am
Are UT-austin fans that much more passionate about their football than other SEC teams? I certainly didn't get that feeling being in Austin or when they came to play in Laramie, as compared to say the Nebraska fans. Austin reminds me a lot of Boulder, a hipster town that has so many other things going on. Now Texas A&M? That's a rabidly passionate fanbase. If we are strictly talking about Booster money then yeah Texas is one of the biggest players but the fan base seems so wine & cheese crowd.
Having lived in various states over the years, the biggest and most rabid fanbases appeared to me to be Texas and Ohio State. Everyone from Ohio identified with Ohio State...even if they were like a Kent State alum. Previously living in Texas, I got tired of 'hook em horns' pretty quick from colleagues that went to schools like Rice and Texas Christian.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

Longhorn Network. That says enough to me. It’ll definitely take a mixture or money and compassion. But Texas, A&M, Tennessee, Michigan and any of the old school teams that haven’t been that great but have huge stadiums and unlimited money. I’d be curious to hear who everyone thinks would be the top 10. I hesitate to put USC in there but they seem dedicated to becoming good again. I’d say Oklahoma but I’m not sure if they could even keep pace in the arms race but probably. Ok st. probably gets left behind?
W-Y, Until I Die!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

laxwyo wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 9:36 am
Longhorn Network. That says enough to me. It’ll definitely take a mixture or money and compassion. But Texas, A&M, Tennessee, Michigan and any of the old school teams that haven’t been that great but have huge stadiums and unlimited money. I’d be curious to hear who everyone thinks would be the top 10. I hesitate to put USC in there but they seem dedicated to becoming good again. I’d say Oklahoma but I’m not sure if they could even keep pace in the arms race but probably. Ok st. probably gets left behind?
Since I sadly live in Oklahoma....I honestly think OU will do everything humanly possible including cheating to the point of insanity to stay with the P5 group once that group splits off from the rest of us i.e., the group which would include USC, Ohio State, Texas, Michigan, Florida, etc....

Okie State is bit of a mystery. I could see them joining the big boys due to Boone Pickens' $$$$$ but since he passed away a few years back....who knows. OSU might be forced to join the MW along with Texas Tech and others.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 31 times

Emory Jones went to Arizona State.
ImageImageImageImage
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

MrTitleist wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 11:17 am Emory Jones went to Arizona State.
It's been reported that his NIL deal was for $75,000 and the use of a car...
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/sto ... ource-says

some info on people wanting some NIL standards made in congress (which is badly needed). Good luck! lol

A star WR declines 6 figure NIL deals to transfer. Interesting not is that "NIL companies" contact people he knows https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... s-transfer

Coaches want transfer windows https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... er-windows

Pitt coach accuses USC of tampering with Pitt WR transferring. There definitely needs to be anti tampering rules even though they seem pretty unenforceable in the NBA etc.https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... fer-portal
more on Addison's transfer https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... e-football
W-Y, Until I Die!