West side stands renderings?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 80 times

Have any been released?
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

LawPoke wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:32 pm Have any been released?
Waiting on the watercolors I guess - which will basically show that the west side stands will no longer be a dumping ground for miscellaneous poop that the AD uses in operations. Mowers, trash dumpsters, broken down trucks, dead pigeons, you know - poop like that, that makes me feel like I am standing in the city dump. Or in Neyland, lol!
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 80 times

McPeachy wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:34 am
LawPoke wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:32 pm Have any been released?
Waiting on the watercolors I guess - which will basically show that the west side stands will no longer be a dumping ground for miscellaneous Sh#t that the AD uses in operations. Mowers, trash dumpsters, broken down trucks, dead pigeons, you know - Sh#t like that, that makes me feel like I am standing in the city dump. Or in Neyland, lol!
I've always thought that storing all of the tackling dummies and equipment under the stands looked extremely tacky. Hopefully you are right and they use this reno as a chance to build some enclosed storage for all of that stuff. To me, we are at the point of putting lipstick on a pig with the War - I'm sure others will disagree - but I wish we would have taken the opportunity to tear the thing down and rebuild a new one as opposed to sinking several hundred million into a fairly boring stadium.
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 11 times

Just build a dome. Instead of putting duct tape on things.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

There might be a riot if the troughs are removed :lol:
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:08 am There might be a riot if the troughs are removed :lol:
Hahaha, and don't forget the winter piss fog! :rofl:
Dear Karma,

WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand

A dome could have been Burmans Legacy. If he could have some how got it done, he might be remembered as highly as any player we have ever had. The high altitude athletic center is nice, but that could have been built inside the dome.
GoPokes86
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 10 times

McPeachy wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:26 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:08 am There might be a riot if the troughs are removed :lol:
Mmmm urine vapors
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Start the construction otherwise every other year the price thanx to inflation and Brandon continues to go up...I'm glad i stay on the East side of the stadium on game days
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

WY posted a RFQ for Construction Manager services yesterday.

Project Description:

[The existing steel-constructed lower west stadium seating at the University of Wyoming
War Memorial Stadium will be removed and replaced with new stadia seating of
approximately 3,500 to 4,000 seats in a combination of bleacher and chair-back seating.
In addition to the new stadia seating, amenity loge seating will be included at the top of
the lower west stands. Support facilities for the new high-end seating includes an amenity
club space, concessions and toilet facilities. New restrooms, concessions, visiting team
locker room, first aid room, storage and a retail space will be constructed under the
replaced stands. Also included in the project is a complete renovation and reconfiguration
of the press box, including replacement of the existing elevator with two high speed
elevators that will serve the new club level, the upper concourse, and the press box. /i]

Same RFQ has an addition to Corbetts as well
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

303cowboy wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 9:00 am WY posted a RFQ for Construction Manager services yesterday.

Project Description:

[The existing steel-constructed lower west stadium seating at the University of Wyoming
approximately 3,500 to 4,000 seats in a combination of bleacher and chair-back seating.
In addition to the new stadia seating, amenity loge seating will be included at the top of
the lower west stands. Support facilities for the new high-end seating includes an amenity
club space, concessions and toilet facilities. New restrooms, concessions, visiting team
locker room, first aid room, storage and a retail space will be constructed under the
replaced stands. Also included in the project is a complete renovation and reconfiguration
of the press box, including replacement of the existing elevator with two high speed
elevators that will serve the new club level, the upper concourse, and the press box. /i]

OrediggerPoke is going to have a fit when the piss troughs get removed. :rofl:

I like the chair-back and loge seating ideas, but I know that will now come with a seat premium, similar to basketball - and will likely be f-word up, again like basketball.

That project is sounding like about a $25 million reno...
Dear Karma,

OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

McPeachy wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 11:49 am
303cowboy wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 9:00 am WY posted a RFQ for Construction Manager services yesterday.

Project Description:

I like the chair-back and loge seating ideas, but I know that will now come with a seat premium, similar to basketball - and will likely be f##k[#] up, again like basketball.

Tearing down traditions 😆
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

stymeman wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:00 pm Start the construction otherwise every other year the price thanx to inflation and Brandon continues to go up...I'm glad i stay on the East side of the stadium on game days
It's Putin's Price hike, don't cha know?
W-Y, Until I Die!
Outlaw Arthur Morgan
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 15 times

McPeachy wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:26 pm
That's cowboy tough right there.
Outlaw Arthur Morgan
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 15 times

McPeachy wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 11:49 am

Project Description:

I like the chair-back and loge seating ideas, but I know that will now come with a seat premium, similar to basketball - and will likely be f##k[#] up, again like basketball.

I think I want to purchase one of the piss troughs. I could take up drinking beer again and have a place to piss. I bet the wife will be onboard with this idea. 72 years of pissing belongs in my barn! #WyomingHistory #PissHistory
Lost Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 15 times

Project Description:

What is in the RFQ for Corbett? Hopefully an olympic pool, with adjustable bulkhead to 25 yards.
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

Lost Poke wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 6:42 pm

Project Description:

What is in the RFQ for Corbett? Hopefully an olympic pool, with adjustable bulkhead to 25 yards.

The new natatorium to be placed south the Corbett Physical Education building on the
University of Wyoming campus will be a 45,500 +/- SF facility that houses a “stretch”
50-meter competition and training swimming pool that can be configured to facilitate
different competition venues including short course (25-yards) for NCAA sanctioned
swimming meets, as well as long course (50-Meter) events. The pool will also support 1-meter
and 3-meter springboard diving, as well as 5 and 10 meter platform diving. The
facility will include visiting team locker rooms, dryland training, sports medicine, and
other support areas such as office, storage, and mechanical and electrical space. A
second level balcony will support approximately 600 spectator seats. The building will
likely be a steel structure with a combination of masonry and light gage metal framing
infill. The exterior façade will be designed to meet the University of Wyoming design
standards in the use of the approved sandstone and other materials required to fit the
character of the University. Site work including utilities, paving, and landscaping are an
integral part of the project.