official 2022 football schedule

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 43 times

Sorry this is late. I was in the Cody/Ralston, WY area dealing with my "interesting" family :roll: when the MWC schedules came out.

Official press release...
https://gowyo.com/news/2022/2/16/wyomin ... -home.aspx

Schedule itself...

Sat., Aug. 27 at Illinois TBA TBA
Sat., Sept. 3 TULSA TBA TBA
Sat., Sept. 10 NORTHERN COLORADO TBA TBA
Sat., Sept. 17 AIR FORCE* TBA TBA
Sat., Sept. 24 at BYU TBA TBA
Sat., Oct. 1 SAN JOSE STATE* TBA TBA
Sat., Oct. 8 at New Mexico* TBA TBA
Sat., Oct. 15 BYE
Sat., Oct. 22 UTAH STATE* TBA TBA
Sat., Oct. 29 at Hawai'i* TBA TBA
Sat., Nov. 5 BYE
Sat., Nov. 12 at Colorado State* TBA TBA
Sat., Nov. 19 BOISE STATE* TBA TBA
Sat., Nov. 26 at Fresno State* TBA TBA
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

I see 5-7 wins on this schedule.
I'm good for 3!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 297 times
Been liked: 119 times

Cornpoke wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 2:38 pm I see 5-7 wins on this schedule.
LOL. Could be a 2 win season. Could be a 10 win season. I hope we are picked dead last, that way WYO football results can't f-word with my expectations.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

McPeachy wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 2:54 pm
LOL. Could be a 2 win season. Could be a 10 win season. I hope we are picked dead last, that way WYO football results can't f-word with my expectations.
Sadly, I agree with ya.

I could see both scenarios happening. But I do guarantee that the BYU game will be a loss. The Hawaii game in the islands could be a surprise win for us. We have not done well in the islands as of late.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Lost Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 15 times

I'm going to pretend the BYU game doesn't exist. Not because I'm afraid we'll lose, but because it should never have been scheduled in the first place.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

Lost Poke wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:43 pm I'm going to pretend the BYU game doesn't exist. Not because I'm afraid we'll lose, but because it should never have been scheduled in the first place.
I completely agree.

Just think of the season as an 11 game schedule like in the good ole' days.
cowpoke pride
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

Maybe its the unknown of the roster because of the transfer portal, the but the 2022 schedule is very intriguing to me.
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Wyokie wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:03 pm
LOL. Could be a 2 win season. Could be a 10 win season. I hope we are picked dead last, that way WYO football results can't [#]f##k with my expectations.
Sadly, I agree with ya.

I could see both scenarios happening. But I do guarantee that the BYU game will be a loss. The Hawaii game in the islands could be a surprise win for us. We have not done well in the islands as of late.
I attended the last two games UW has played in Hawaii... it's just not a favorable climate for our players to play in. They looked hot, humid, and slow playing on the islands. I'll chalk the Hawaii game up as a L
I'm good for 3!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

Cornpoke wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:41 am
LOL. Could be a 2 win season. Could be a 10 win season. I hope we are picked dead last, that way WYO football results can't [#]f##k with my expectations.
Sadly, I agree with ya.

I attended the last two games UW has played in Hawaii... it's just not a favorable climate for our players to play in. They looked hot, humid, and slow playing on the islands. I'll chalk the Hawaii game up as a L
Last time we won in Honolulu was in 1997 during Dana Dimel's time as HC. Currently the Pokes have a two-game losing streak there.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

Sadly, I agree with ya.

I went to the last one...and I can't tell you how frustrating that game was to watch. What in the actual f-word was Bohl doing. Conservative gameplan, conservative game-time decision, conservative everything. Played to not lose. Awful poop...and I won't be going again until Bohl is no longer at the helm.
Dear Karma,

bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

Not sure how it could be a 10 win season. We've never had a 10 win season under Bohl - or even a 9 win season. With all the talent we lost and a much tougher non conference schedule, I'm thinking it will be a 3 or 4 win season. Think back to Bohl's first 2 seasons here - something like those.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

Wyokie wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 6:38 pm
Lost Poke wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:43 pm I'm going to pretend the BYU game doesn't exist. Not because I'm afraid we'll lose, but because it should never have been scheduled in the first place.
I completely agree.

Just think of the season as an 11 game schedule like in the good ole' days.
This should have cost Burman his job :tickedoff: Unbelievable seeing those S.O.Bs on the schedule again.

Betcha they back out of the 23 return game, too, and blame it on b12 scheduling. Burman likely scheduled a 1 and done with those bastards.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:38 pm Betcha they back out of the 23 return game, too, and blame it on b12 scheduling. Burman likely scheduled a 1 and done with those bastards.
Wouldn't shock me.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 133 times
Been liked: 141 times

We're going 11-1 with a loss @ New Mexico 42-17. They have our number
W-Y, Until I Die!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

bladerunnr wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:59 pm
Not sure how it could be a 10 win season. We've never had a 10 win season under Bohl - or even a 9 win season. With all the talent we lost and a much tougher non conference schedule, I'm thinking it will be a 3 or 4 win season. Think back to Bohl's first 2 seasons here - something like those.
Not sure either. I call it the "WYO Football Expectations Curve". Wishful thinking is all.
Dear Karma,

stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

I see 4-8, unfortunately
flyfishwyo
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 50 times

McPeachy wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:27 pm
Sadly, I agree with ya.

I went to the last one...and I can't tell you how frustrating that game was to watch. What in the actual [#]f##k was Bohl doing. Conservative gameplan, conservative game-time decision, conservative everything. Played to not lose. Awful Sh#t...and I won't be going again until Bohl is no longer at the helm.
I was at the last one, too. It was unbearably hot. Even the locals were talking about how unseasonably warm the weather was. That being said, I wasn't impressed with our game plan, either. We had tons of opportunities to win that game and didn't take any of them.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 222 times

stymeman wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:47 am I see 4-8, unfortunately
That’s where I am at as well. Either 3-9 or 4-8. Prognosticating a team full of newcomers is difficult but I just don’t see how a team that loses a guy like Neyor and the majority of its starting defense gets better. I hope Peasley lights the world on fire and shows how wrong I am.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:18 pm
stymeman wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:47 am I see 4-8, unfortunately
That’s where I am at as well. Either 3-9 or 4-8. Prognosticating a team full of newcomers is difficult but I just don’t see how a team that loses a guy like Neyor and the majority of its starting defense gets better. I hope Peasley lights the world on fire and shows how wrong I am.
If I had to make a prediction, this is where I'm at, too. Oredigger hit it perfectly. Hopefully the defense reloads and can carry to 6+ wins but it's a tall order.

I've completely given up even hoping for a functional offense with Bohl. He fields solid defenses so looking forward to seeing the next NFL-level defensive studs break out next year. I'm betting there are a few on the roster that we haven't seen play much yet.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 60 times

If there is one thing that is constant over the years in Wyoming athletics...its how consistently the pokes overperform low expectations and underperform high expectations. Last year.. fairly decent expectations with lots of experience on the team resulted in a 6-6 regular season and a potato bowl victory. Not what most fans predicted... and definitively not what fans hoped for.

This year... lower predictions and lower expectations. Does the trend hold? Do the pokes finish .500 or higher? Part of me wants them to do better than expectations but I'm conflicted. Maybe I want the Bohl era to crash and burn so the administration has to move on....I guess I don't really want that ... that would mean increased turmoil and instability. My fan hear wants Bohl to succeed and turn the program into a perennial contender but my head is telling me that he can't do it.

I predict 4 wins.