official 2022 football schedule

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

Last year was a fluke, in my opinion. Pissed down our collective leg after getting off to a fast start for sure. That being said, I'm going to pencil us in for 7 wins. Only sure losses I see are Illinois, the borg (ick), and Boise. (I should probably put the Lobos on that list too, but I refuse to acknowledge that we can't beat that poop team.)

We've got a LOT of unknowns, but I'm pretty sure we'll see the standard 2-2 OOC, 5-3 conference record that has become the Craig Bohl trademark.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 115 times

WYO1016 wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 2:35 pm Last year was a fluke, in my opinion. Pissed down our collective leg after getting off to a fast start for sure.
I'm not sure it was a fast start. In hindsight, I think it was "having a few bounces go our way" against some pretty bad teams. I don't think we pissed down both legs. We just weren't that good (even with Levi) and the schedule got slightly tougher.

Losing Neyor sends the passing game back to the non-Josh years. Neyor made Levi last year. 9th year and its obvious. Bohl can't field a functioning offense without elite talent at QB or to a lesser extent WR. I don't think we have elite talent on O but I sure hope I'm wrong.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 6:43 am
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 2:35 pm Last year was a fluke, in my opinion. Pissed down our collective leg after getting off to a fast start for sure.
I'm not sure it was a fast start. In hindsight, I think it was "having a few bounces go our way" against some pretty bad teams. I don't think we pissed down both legs. We just weren't that good (even with Levi) and the schedule got slightly tougher.

Losing Neyor sends the passing game back to the non-Josh years. Neyor made Levi last year. 9th year and its obvious. Bohl can't field a functioning offense without elite talent at QB or to a lesser extent WR. I don't think we have elite talent on O but I sure hope I'm wrong.
I think the offense woefully underperformed in a few games last year. Most of that I pin on the coaching staff. We had a generational talent in Neyor but kept running Chambers out there who couldn't get the ball to him.

We don't have a Josh Allen or a Neyor (first round NFL draft pick talent). on the current roster..but we do have some decent talent on offense (Welch and Swen for sure). I also agree that the offense is likely to take a step back unless Peasley is really really good.

I'm expecting a rough year with a transitional offense and an inexperienced defense. I hope I am wrong but a bowl scenario seems pretty unlikely to me at this point. I'll watch the spring game and maybe that will change my viewpoint.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

We have a below average coach (45-50) who told everyone last year that the Cowboys were going to do great things. After struggling with OOC cupcakes, and padding his schedule, his team finished 6-6, right where I thought they would. He's lost several key players to the portal and the kids he's brought in to replace those players don't exactly give me a lot of confidence. Wyoming will be lucky to finish at 4-8, but a 2 win season would not surprise me. And Tommy B. will have his "talk" with Bohl about expectations and we will be stuck with this $1.5 million dollar man through 2023 or beyond. Bohl is an overpriced Heath Shroyer on turf.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.