Spring Football Updates / Schedule?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times
Been liked: 115 times

Anyone out there want to update the board on when & how the spring is going? There are some exciting athletes returning, and solid newcomers.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

I'll post the schedule up soon.

Meant to do it when the schedule first came out about 3 weeks ago but I was in Cody-Ralston, WY dealing with family issues.

Truth be told......FAMILY is the sole reason beer was invented!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

Wyokie wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:04 pm I'll post the schedule up soon.

Meant to do it when the schedule first came out about 3 weeks ago but I was in Cody-Ralston, WY dealing with family issues.

Truth be told......FAMILY is the sole reason beer was invented!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No doubt about that Wyokie...

You can pick your nose, you can pick your friends, hell you can pick almost anything - BUT your family. :rofl:
Dear Karma,

Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times

McPeachy wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:10 pm
Wyokie wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:04 pm I'll post the schedule up soon.

Meant to do it when the schedule first came out about 3 weeks ago but I was in Cody-Ralston, WY area dealing with family issues.

No doubt about that Wyokie...

You can pick your nose, you can pick your friends, hell you can pick almost anything - BUT your family. :rofl:
Aint that the damned truth!!!!!

Thankfully nobody in the family has ever committed murder, rape, or got into car wreak that killed somebody. So there's the bright side...LOL
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

Saw that practice starts today, and runs Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday for 15 practices, with the team wad-blow scheduled for 4/30. Of course everything is closed to the public but the wad-blow, because we don't want anyone to scout our run-up-the-f-word-middle game plan. LOL.
Dear Karma,

MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 31 times

2022 University of Wyoming Football Spring Practice Schedule

Tuesday, March 29 3:50 p.m. Stretch, 6:20 Approximate End Time, Media Interviews After Practice in HAPC Team Room

Thursday, March 31 3:50 p.m. Stretch, 6:20 Approximate End Time, Media Interviews After Practice n HAPC Team Room

Saturday, April 2 11:30 a.m., Stretch, No Media Interviews on Saturdays

Tuesday, April 5 Late afternoon (Practice #4)

Thursday, April 7 Late afternoon (Practice #5)

Saturday, April 9 TBA (Practice #6)

Tuesday, April 12 Late afternoon (Practice #7)

Thursday, April 14 Late afternoon (Practice #8)

Saturday, April 16 TBA (Practice #9)

Tuesday, April 19 Late afternoon (Practice #10)

Thursday, April 21 Late afternoon (Practice #11)

Saturday, April 23 TBA (Practice #12)

Tuesday, April 26 Late afternoon (Practice #13)

Thursday, April 28 Late afternoon (Practice #14)

Saturday, April 30 2:00 p.m. (Spring Game, War Memorial Stadium, Open to the Public, Practice #15)

The Spring Game on Saturday, April 30 will be open to the public. All other practices are closed.
ImageImageImageImage
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times

Sometimes Bohl sure makes it hard to get excited about WYO football. After last season, a little spring excitement would be nice. Other teams allow more access which generates a little more fan enthusiasm. Us? We're stuck watching poop derail every fall.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:41 pm Sometimes Bohl sure makes it hard to get excited about WYO football. After last season, a little spring excitement would be nice. Other teams allow more access which generates a little more fan enthusiasm. Us? We're stuck watching poop derail every fall.
I have never seen coach Bohl look as beaten down as he did in the Spring presser. Maybe he knows we're going to blow or maybe he was feeling under the weather. Who knows. I didn't like it.
W-Y, Until I Die!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

laxwyo wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:43 am
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:41 pm Sometimes Bohl sure makes it hard to get excited about WYO football. After last season, a little spring excitement would be nice. Other teams allow more access which generates a little more fan enthusiasm. Us? We're stuck watching poop derail every fall.
I have never seen coach Bohl look as beaten down as he did in the Spring presser. Maybe he knows we're going to blow or maybe he was feeling under the weather. Who knows. I didn't like it.
I didn't see it, if what you say is accurate (and I have no reason to not think that it is) - that is VERY troubling / concerning. :cry:
Dear Karma,

laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

McPeachy wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:21 am
laxwyo wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:43 am
I didn't see it, if what you say is accurate (and I have no reason to not think that it is) - that is VERY troubling / concerning. :cry:
W-Y, Until I Die!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

Well I think coach is getting older. My dad is almost the same age as Craig and I've seen him slow down some in the past 7-8 years, just like craig. Not quite as much energy and fire. It's natural
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times

It's Year 9, time to see his true coaching potentials and a year to put up or shut up. I'm hoping the off season sees some transfer portal help and Bohl can figure it out in this level of D1, not FCS
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 11 times

I’m over the Bohl era. He’s overrated. Too stubborn to adapt. If I was Burman, I would be making a short list this whole season. Pokes will be 6-6 this year. That New Mexico loss last year epitomized Bohl’s status. I talked to a few outgoing players after the season. They too didn’t understand the offensive play calling during the games.
bullbugle307
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 21 times

Thoughts on Bohl...

I would hope his lack of hype is due to the fact that he finally learned to shut his mouth and let the results speak for themselves. That being said, I think he also finally knows he screwed up and ultimately won't accomplish the things he promised. Transfer portal put the nail in that coffin.

Thoughts on open practice...

We're so easy to game plan for if you're opposing defenses. If we had open practices it would likely be even worse. When you don't have many cards to play, you gotta be able to try and bluff, and you can't do that if everyone can see your hand.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Hunter S. Thompson
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

WyoVaquero wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:55 pm I’m over the Bohl era. He’s overrated. Too stubborn to adapt. If I was Burman, I would be making a short list this whole season. Pokes will be 6-6 this year. That New Mexico loss last year epitomized Bohl’s status. I talked to a few outgoing players after the season. They too didn’t understand the offensive play calling during the games.
I will be really impressed if Bohl and staff can get this team to 6-6. Wyoming went from the most experienced team in the country to the least. When I look at the roster, I really only see 2 guys that seem to have the talent level to perhaps make an NFL roster someday (Swen and Welch). Granted most of the team I have no clue because they’ve hardly played.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

I find this quote terrifying:

“I thought our quarterbacks were maybe a little more decisive today, but the accuracy was not where it needed to be.”

He rarely made this comment over the last several years when the accuracy was terrible. So how what does this mean for this current group of 5 quarterbacks vying for reps?
bullbugle307
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 21 times

He's just setting it up so he can shamelessly blame them when he fails to put a passing game on the field.
I guess he learned that trick in the off-season and he's gonna stick to it. And to be fair, he's probably right.

It's prrobably smart on his part, no one's emotionally invested in these transfers yet. I definitely think it's pretty scummy though, even if true.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Hunter S. Thompson
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:40 pm I find this quote terrifying:

“I thought our quarterbacks were maybe a little more decisive today, but the accuracy was not where it needed to be.”

He rarely made this comment over the last several years when the accuracy was terrible. So how what does this mean for this current group of 5 quarterbacks vying for reps?
Overall, the passing game couldn't get a lot worse. Levi had some decent games but that was much more Neyor.

Meh, with Bohl, we'll never have a true passing threat. It is what it is. I hope he surprises me but I'm not holding my breath.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 80 times

Having watched the UConn, New Mexico, Fresno State, Hawaii and CSU games up close - we are not a 9-to-10-win team. We will be lucky to win 4.

CSU would have beaten us if they had a staff that understood that playing 2 high safeties wasn't necessary - but the Dude was too dumb and/or set it his ways to change it up and load the box to beat us like everyone else did.

I've taken the hype out on the road and tried to convince people that "this year is different" too many times. Fact is - after this many years, we are what we are: a boring and hapless offensive team with a better than average defense that keeps us in games when our offense inevitably sputters.

When Bohl outright admitted that they didn't adequately prepare for Hawaii...and knowing that the same must have been true for the Fresno and UNM games given the outcomes...I was out with this staff. Take their money and bump Linder more. At least he wants to prepare his team and does it well.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

TJ Urban, a transfer and likely starting S, tore his ACL. Great.