Neyor to Tennessee

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 300 times
Been liked: 119 times

Thread should probably be combined somewhere - but good for him. He will shine there.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

Would love to know how much money he is getting, but we will probably never know.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Not a cowboy. Forget him
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

OrediggerPoke wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:43 pm Would love to know how much money he is getting, but we will probably never know.
Enough to not become a Longhorn. I figured Texas would start paying out like the SEC has for years.

It will be interesting to see if he can avoid falling down the depth chart at a bigger school since he had little receiver skills at UW and relied primarily on his crazy athleticism for jump balls and go routes.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

DVDA wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:57 am
OrediggerPoke wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:43 pm Would love to know how much money he is getting, but we will probably never know.
Enough to not become a Longhorn. I figured Texas would start paying out like the SEC has for years.

It will be interesting to see if he can avoid falling down the depth chart at a bigger school since he had little receiver skills at UW and relied primarily on his crazy athleticism for jump balls and go routes.
He will be a starter and put up big numbers for sure. To say he had little skills is inaccurate to me. He can high point a ball as good as I’ve seen at the collegiate level. It helps that he has incredibly strong hands. Sure he may not be the guy that is loaded with double moves or the guy you throw a slant to, but he will continue to improve in his route running.

I said in spring ball that Neyor would be a 1st round pick. I still hold to that. I think he has a real top 10 potential.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

He reminds me of Deebo Samuels. He'll do well. There was a reason lots of college football major programs' professional talent evaluators were trying to sign him and it wasn't to sit on the bench.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Tennessee has been irrelevant for decades. Surprising choice out of the all the schools who recruited him. I guess he could have never made it to the NFL unless he joined a mediocre sec team
I'm good for 3!
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy

The NFL isn’t the only factor. He has a shot to make real money playing at Tennessee.
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 11 times

Everybody is all butthurt about him leaving. Any kid in his situation with his talent should have left. Wyo does not pass the ball much and when they do he gets overthrown consistently. He has a chance to play in the SEC, get more NIL money, better weather, southern coeds, play primetime national televised games, and probably improve his draft status. Good luck to him.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

Besides what Wyovaquero posted, the other elephant in the room is that he'll likely receive better skills training. Our qb and wr development hasn't been top notch.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
cowboyz
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

marcuswyo wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:53 am The NFL isn’t the only factor. He has a shot to make real money playing at Tennessee.
True, he can start making some money now, the SEC gets the most exposure, playing in warmer weather is good for a receiver, and their number 2 and 3 receivers are graduating.
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy

marcuswyo wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:53 am The NFL isn’t the only factor. He has a shot to make real money playing at Tennessee.
As I have said, why is Wyo not offering players money? What amount did Tenn offer? I'd like to have an opportunity to match it. Stop with the facilities upgrades and start paying our players. Are we just throwing our hands up and not paying players?

If Wyo administration comes out and asks boosters to start pooling money for NIL it would make a difference. It's time to get innovative
I'm good for 3!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 142 times

To me, schools like Nebraska, Tennessee and Texas are going to thrive under this nil poop. Places that have bled football but haven’t been able to get it together now have even more to work with
W-Y, Until I Die!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

Cornpoke wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:05 pm
As I have said, why is Wyo not offering players money? What amount did Tenn offer? I'd like to have an opportunity to match it. Stop with the facilities upgrades and start paying our players. Are we just throwing our hands up and not paying players?

If Wyo administration comes out and asks boosters to start pooling money for NIL it would make a difference. It's time to get innovative
I won’t be paying a dime and would probably advise several of my friends with CJC that it makes little sense. We don’t have anywhere near the booster support of other programs. Throwing money at players to engage in an arms race is a complete waste. Put the money into the university or facilities is my recommendation.

Neyor is probably getting close to a million from NIL
at Tennessee. That makes sense to you at Wyoming?
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

OrediggerPoke wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:02 am
DVDA wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:57 am

He will be a starter and put up big numbers for sure. To say he had little skills is inaccurate to me. He can high point a ball as good as I’ve seen at the collegiate level. It helps that he has incredibly strong hands. Sure he may not be the guy that is loaded with double moves or the guy you throw a slant to, but he will continue to improve in his route running.

I said in spring ball that Neyor would be a 1st round pick. I still hold to that. I think he has a real top 10 potential.
He has a lot of work to do before he becomes a first round pick. He has the athleticism to get there but he is a one trick pony at the moment. His skills are size and athleticism. His route running was sluggish this year and his hands were just ok. I have nothing against the kid and want him to do well but he's not ready for the SEC at the moment.
CheyenneGunslinger
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time

LanderPoke wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:31 pm Not a cowboy. Forget him
Agree! Wish him well then forget about him, he no longer attends UW.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:22 pm

I won’t be paying a dime and would probably advise several of my friends with CJC that it makes little sense. We don’t have anywhere near the booster support of other programs. Throwing money at players to engage in an arms race is a complete waste. Put the money into the university or facilities is my recommendation.

I would be shocked if it is close to a million? That seems ridiculous honestly
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 61 times

LanderPoke wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:16 pm

Neyor is not a million dollar NIL guy...I'm sure he'll pocket six figures over his time at Tennessee...but I can't imagine it will be a million.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:16 pm

I agree with you that the money being thrown around is ridiculous...which is why Wyoming has no chance in the new environment. Those calling for Wyoming donors/boosters to get in this arms race are fools I think. We aren't even in the stratosphere of booster dollars at programs like UT-Texas, Tennessee, LSU and USC (all Neyor offers). Do you wonder why Neyor is going to Tennessee over TCU and Texas (hometown teams for him)...come on, Tennessee delivered the goods.

But the million dollar figure is the rate being thrown around for top recruits/transfer portal players. I believe that Neyor had the 3rd or 4th overall highest 'impact' ranking of transfer portal prospects from Rivals. He was behind elite QBs Quinn Ewers and Caleb Williams.

The truth of the matter is that it is rare for a school like Wyoming to end up with top-end elite athletes and Bohl has found 2 (Allen and Neyor). In today's world and when a G5 program finds one of these guys, they are for sure gone. It would be insane for them to pass up the money. Heck, in today's world, Wyoming probably loses a bleed Wyoming guy like a Logan Wilson too.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

Cornpoke wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:46 am Tennessee has been irrelevant for decades. Surprising choice out of the all the schools who recruited him. I guess he could have never made it to the NFL unless he joined a mediocre sec team
Not surprising to me. Tennessee has a deep and rabid booster base. In the days of college free agency and the ability to more easily pay players, Tennessee's fortunes are bound to change. Barring injury or something else crazy, Neyor would make the NFL if he chose any team in the country including the Ichabods of Washburn.