Neyor to Tennessee

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

https://portal.rivals.com/news/transfer ... hooses-sec

Rivals compares Neyor to Cordarelle Patterson.

Neyor apparently took a visit to USC and had scheduled visits to Texas and Tennessee but abandoned those plans and just accepted the offer to Tennessee. Must have been an offer he couldn’t refuse.
WindRiverPoke
Buckaroo

Neyor is on the campus of Ole Miss after committing to Tennessee. Not sure what thats about
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

WindRiverPoke wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:33 pm Neyor is on the campus of Ole Miss after committing to Tennessee. Not sure what thats about
Nothing is locked in until he enrolls in classes. If he hasn't enrolled at UT yet he can still go elsewhere.
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 80 times

303cowboy wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:10 am Neyor flipped to Texas

https://247sports.com/college/texas/Art ... 180973256/
Neyor is starting to look like a headcase. Don't get me wrong, I wish he was still here. He has talent at least at MW levels AND LIKELY at higher levels. I think he should settle in and quit looking around for better offers. Play football kid. Quit acting like a second-rate free agent, it's not a good look.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

LawPoke wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:52 am

Neyor is starting to look like a headcase. Don't get me wrong, I wish he was still here. He has talent at least at MW levels AND LIKELY at higher levels. I think he should settle in and quit looking around for better offers. Play football kid. Quit acting like a second-rate free agent, it's not a good look.
I say shop until you lock in the best deal. Some of these guys likely will make most of their earnings in college and ultimately won't pan out in the NFL. Make a million or two in college, invest it and you are set regardless as to how your NFL career shakes out.
Expat_Poke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 3 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:24 pm

I say shop until you lock in the best deal. Some of these guys likely will make most of their earnings in college and ultimately won't pan out in the NFL. Make a million or two in college, invest it and you are set regardless as to how your NFL career shakes out.
I get that, but in that case hold off on committing. On the surface, committing and then decomitting so shortly after is not a good look. There may be a good reason who knows. I kind of laughed when Brian Hill was tweeting about this transfer rule and helping players with lying coaches. I get his point, but I am sure no coach is going to lie to a potential transfer :roll: .
Returned from my 4 year exodus in Greenieville
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

Expat_Poke wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:48 am

I get that, but in that case hold off on committing. On the surface, committing and then decomitting so shortly after is not a good look. There may be a good reason who knows. I kind of laughed when Brian Hill was tweeting about this transfer rule and helping players with lying coaches. I get his point, but I am sure no coach is going to lie to a potential transfer :roll: .
That is a fair point but 'committing' may also be used as leverage in a negotiation. It tells the competing team that they better act fast and line up their money. I would tend to believe it is a better negotiation tactic than calling the competing team's coach and saying I'm super serious that I will go somewhere else unless you sweeten the deal.

We can all second guess Neyor but I am pretty confident that he has professionals working with him through this process.
Expat_Poke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 3 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:42 am
Expat_Poke wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:48 am

That is a fair point but 'committing' may also be used as leverage in a negotiation. It tells the competing team that they better act fast and line up their money. I would tend to believe it is a better negotiation tactic than calling the competing team's coach and saying I'm super serious that I will go somewhere else unless you sweeten the deal.

We can all second guess Neyor but I am pretty confident that he has professionals working with him through this process.
This is one of the bad looks, using "commitments" like this makes your commitment and thus your word worthless. I am sure this has been successfully used to get more money, power, etc., but there are some things more important than those in my opinion. There are ways you can use potential opposing offers without lying about your commitment. May not be as strong as lying about your commitment, but that sort of behavior tends to have a way of catching up with you one day. If this is what is going on, I don't care if he has professionals working for him, doesn't make it right.
Returned from my 4 year exodus in Greenieville
cowboyz
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

I love it. Get your best deal kid, everyone else is. The NCAA created this mess, by pretending to care about the athletes, while raking in tons of cash for these caring adults. The large universities have no issue with selling a hundred thousand tickets, along with tons of merch and food & beverages, and parking, and whatever else they can monetize. Let the players get some. And the players that aren't worth "paying", I'm glad they have a easy path to leave a situation they feel is not right for them, to try something else. You want to blame someone, blame the NCAA.