Bohl and Burman

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 80 times

Does anyone else find it odd that Burman is doing all the talking when it comes to the football transfers? We have a blah statement from Bohl and then multiple conversations with Tom. I know we are in the heat of recruiting, but c'mon, this is Bohl's team.

My concerns right now are:

1) Bohl is lost in the wilderness of his team. He doesn't truly know his players and coaches. He says all is great and we are unified. A bunch of guys transfer. Then he comes out and says that he knew they were going to leave and that they have a plan. Wha? Thought you knew your guys and everyone was rowing in the same direction?
2) Bohl is lost when it comes to player acquisition. His recruiting and development concept merely trains the best players for likes of USC and Texas. His going into the portal is just like a 18 year old virgin going into a "friendly ladies" house - you know what happens there but have no idea how you go about doing it and whether you want to in any event. Burman has said as much in his interviews that Bohl is still incredulous about his "developmental program" paradigm being shot to hell.
3) Bohl is incredibly old school and can't change. From the radio interview with KFBC and the recent CST article, it sounds like CB is just pacing around in his office mumbling about A gap, fullbacks and how everything went to hell when they did away with 2-a-days and sanctioned the forward pass. I have an image of him huddled with his coaches in the HAPC, in a scene akin to the one from the movie Downfall, where Hitler is foaming at his high command in the bunker with equal parts paranoia and delusions of grandeur and false hope as Berlin was falling.

Fellas, Bohl is losing his iron grip on the program and players and doesn't have a plan. As with Eaton and nearly every other coach - especially the old school guys - once that grip is loosened and they lose leverage, things go downhill fast ABSENT some serious introspection and willingness to own and embrace change. With next year's schedule, I could see us winning 2-3 games and then things will really start to unravel, with umpteen more transfers hitting the portal. I hope not. But I've seen this movie before.
PokeNer
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

This is all painfully obvious. There was a story on Instagram from “WyomingFlashbacks” supposedly from a former player that says exactly that. Add to that Jimmy Smith hammering the coaching staff openly on Twitter and reading between the lines, this staff has no clue.

Kaligas was the glue that held everything together and he was the one that truly had the pulse of the players. I’m afraid we’re seeing the sun set on the Bohl era, and we’re back to square one in a year or two.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

If Bohl wins 3 games with the current team makeup, then he will prove he is a damn good developmental coach. I actually foresee a Koenning type season absent at least 4-5 quality transfer portal players.
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

I love Craig Bohl, I truly appreciate that style and mentality of football.... but maybe because that's what I grew up with. CB is cut from the same cloth as Tom Osborne and comes from that type of coaching.

Times have sure changed though. Adapt or die. I have a sinking feeling Wyoming football might be a in a bad place right now. Do we stick with what we know or take a risk and be innovative?
I'm good for 3!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

There's so much that's weird this year that I honestly feel it's best to ride this year out. Burman's point about a lot of programs suffering portal problems is fair. poop Bohl and there might be even more attrition. It is entirely possible that other players like their situation.

Besides, what realistic option is out there to replace Bohl this year? I haven't looked. Maybe there are good options? If there are none, we need to focus on building the war chest so we can make a really solid hire next year. Burman better damn sure be prepping for a transition because it's looking more and more like that is where we're headed.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.