Transfer Portal Priorities

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 31 times

https://wyonation.com/2022/01/wyoming-f ... riorities/

Chad has a new blog out looking at what the Pokes do and don't need from the transfer portal.
ImageImageImageImage
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Nice write up. My only disagreement is tight end. Marcotte should be healthy and thus I don’t think the Pokes should bring in another tight end. Welch is severely underrated and could be the best TE in the MWC if the Pokes can land a capable QB.

My hope would be that the Pokes bring back Coldon at CB (unlikely) and sign at least another experienced linebacker to shore up the middle with the departures of Muma and Blankenbaker. I have a feeling that Hearn and Jones have a hard time finding a landing spot and may attempt to return (pure speculation). I don’t think either of those two improve the team too much.

The defense next year could be similar to 2016 where we were very inexperienced and gave up a lot of big plays. But that inexperience laid the seeds for Wilson, Wingard, Epps, etc. to flourish.

We should know a lot by the end of the week. Many schools start classes the week of the 10th and Wyoming starts the following week.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:17 am Nice write up. My only disagreement is tight end. Marcotte should be healthy and thus I don’t think the Pokes should bring in another tight end. Welch is severely underrated and could be the best TE in the MWC if the Pokes can land a capable QB.

My hope would be that the Pokes bring back Coldon at CB (unlikely) and sign at least another experienced linebacker to shore up the middle with the departures of Muma and Blankenbaker. I have a feeling that Hearn and Jones have a hard time finding a landing spot and may attempt to return (pure speculation). I don’t think either of those two improve the team too much.

The defense next year could be similar to 2016 where we were very inexperienced and gave up a lot of big plays. But that inexperience laid the seeds for Wilson, Wingard, Epps, etc. to flourish.

We should know a lot by the end of the week. Many schools start classes the week of the 10th and Wyoming starts the following week.
They brought in the Rock Springs kid as well. I think they have decent depth at TE with a nice mix of classes
W-Y, Until I Die!
TrackPoke
Ranch Hand

Jack Plummer is not related to Jake Plummer.
Wicks
Blog Team
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

TrackPoke wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:59 pm Jack Plummer is not related to Jake Plummer.
Thanks TrackPoke! I've made the change to the blog. Oddly enough, I've watched my fair share of Purdue games and I swear on several occasions the announcers said he was Jake's son so that's the only reason I wrote that. That's obviously wrong, I should have double checked that.