Levi to Utah state….

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 11 times

Pokes gonna meet up
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

We’ve all made poor decisions chasing a girl. Levi will probably learn the hard way.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

Now I can hate him, lol. I despise byu light.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Booooooooo
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

wtf is he thinking? Is the transferring for a girl thing really true? Isn't Bonner still there? He'll be 2nd string at best. What an idiot
springs_poke
Buckaroo

Bonner has one year left, I think. Levi wouldn't be guaranteed to start as a Poke either.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:16 pm wtf is he thinking? Is the transferring for a girl thing really true? Isn't Bonner still there? He'll be 2nd string at best. What an idiot
His girlfriend is on USU’s volleyball team.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

springs_poke wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:52 pm Bonner has one year left, I think. Levi wouldn't be guaranteed to start as a Poke either.
Yes he would have.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:55 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:16 pm wtf is he thinking? Is the transferring for a girl thing really true? Isn't Bonner still there? He'll be 2nd string at best. What an idiot
unbelievable. Must be his first girlfriend. What's he gonna do when she eventually dumps him
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:07 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:55 pm
unbelievable. Must be his first girlfriend. What's he gonna do when she eventually dumps him
I don’t wish ill will on him but we all know that relationships at that age don’t last.

So he will have left a pretty good starting job where he has gained the trust of the coaches and fans for a likely bench role for the first year at least and an unknown thereafter. Most likely he will come to regret this decision later in life.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 75 times

Hope we beat the piss out of them again
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

I know levi is religious but is he mormon?

at least with the new transfer rules they could forbid transfers within the conference. Jesus, it's the wild west. Coaches be recruiting players during the after game handshakes.
W-Y, Until I Die!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

laxwyo wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:39 pm I know levi is religious but is he mormon?

at least with the new transfer rules they could forbid transfers within the conference. Jesus, it's the wild west. Coaches be recruiting players during the after game handshakes.
Conferences are free to impose their own transfer restrictions. The MWC just got rid of the penalty for intra-conference transfers this past April. The MWC would be unwise to institute its own penalties because it would shoot itself in the foot with a greater exodus of talent out of the conference weakening the conference overall. MWC administrators/Presidents shouldn’t care if Nevada or CSU is better…only that the conference gives itself a better chance that one of those teams will be good.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

Actually will be an interesting case study. See how he progresses in a different system.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
LKGates
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 2 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:56 pm Now I can hate him, lol. I despise byu light.
Yeah, I think this is really problematic, even though this benefits Utah State, because some day, the same thing will happen to us. Unfortunately, I don't see a way to prevent it.

But on to a tangential matter. I should probably stay away from this. I've tried to be a good guest, but I just can't walk away from this one. I accept that you hate Utah State. That's the nature of athletic rivalries. Sometimes they get heated. The burr under my saddle is calling us "BYU light". In what way are we BYU light? We're a state university. Our president, head coach, OC, DC, star quarterback, three 10+ TD WRs, all American kick returner, basketball HC, women's basketball HC, soccer HC, etc., etc., are all not Mormons. Our tuition differential is based on state residence, not religion. Our "Honor Code" is "If we catch you cheating, we'll expel you.". We don't discriminate in any way against LGBTQ students. We play on Sundays.

So, what exactly makes us BYU light? Is it that more than half of the students are Mormon? Is that a problem? If so, why is that a problem? It looks like the enrollment at the LDS institute of Religion in Laramie is about 1,100, which would mean that about 9% of the students at the University of Wyoming are Mormons. That would be right in line with the population of the state, at 9% Mormon. Do those Mormon students in Laramie bother you? Would you like them to be expelled? Or maybe they should just wear some kind of distinctive marker, so people can recognize them. Maybe a big yellow star sewn onto their clothes.

So, did that piss you off? Make you uncomfortable? Then maybe you should just say "I hate Utah State", leave it at that, and leave out the "BYU light" crap.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

Go Pokes! Go AGGIES!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

LKGates wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:43 pm
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:56 pm Now I can hate him, lol. I despise byu light.
Yeah, I think this is really problematic, even though this benefits Utah State, because some day, the same thing will happen to us. Unfortunately, I don't see a way to prevent it.
I’m not going to debate religion because everyone is free to their own religious choice and I don’t see how it is relevant.

But as far as being beneficial to Utah State, I’m not so sure. At this point, Utah State has 3 QBs on its roster that want to start. What kind of a message does this send to the players already in your program? Does this acquisition create tension for Utah State, only time will tell.
LKGates
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 2 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:48 pm
I’m not going to debate religion because everyone is free to their own religious choice and I don’t see how it is relevant.

But as far as being beneficial to Utah State, I’m not so sure. At this point, Utah State has 3 QBs on its roster that want to start. What kind of a message does this send to the players already in your program? Does this acquisition create tension for Utah State, only time will tell.
Yeah, I don't see how religion is relevant either. That was kind of my point.

The quarterback situation at Utah State is interesting right now. Peasley, the #2, has entered the portal. There are rumors that Legas, the #3 who played 3/4 of the bowl game, may not be back next year, either entering the portal, or possibly going on a Mormon mission (even though religion is not relevant to this conversation). And even though he has indicated that he'll be back next year, there are also rumors that Bonner may have sustained a more serious injury in the bowl game, possibly even an ACL.

I would support some kind of restriction on transfers, say no intra conference transfers, plus one additional institution at the discretion of the coach. That would let Utah State prevent kids, for example, transferring to Utah. But, as has been pointed out, that ultimately works against the interests of the conference as a whole. If it were an NCAA rule, or a rule agreed on mutually by all conferences, that would be different.

Right now, it's dog eat dog, and if you want to keep from getting eaten, make yourself more attractive. The rich will get richer, and the poor will get poorer. Again, in the long term, I don't think this is good for college football in general, and for Utah State in particular.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

Smart move, OrediggerPoke. LOL Not that it matters but this is part of why I'm proud to be atheist. I can't stand organized religion. Don't get me started on Scientology. :roll:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
jessejames02
Ranch Hand

To the folks giving him a hard time for transferring for a girl…

He’s a QB at a low level D1 school with no likelihood of going pro. His focus should be his degree and his future, a long term girlfriend at his age is part of that. He’s moving to a school in a community with significantly more job prospects after graduation and allegedly to stay with his significant other.

Get real folks, a serious girlfriend at his age and with his career prospects is much more likely to positively impact his future than another year at UW.
52-56
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

So where did I say anything about religion or do you assume the only reason people wouldn't like byu or byu light is because of religion?
If the latter, you are mistaken.