College football landscape

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 40 times

I count at least 17 threads below that are all on essentially the same topic: Transfer portal, NIL, and coaching.

I am not on any social media so I get all of my Cowboy news from this forum. Thanks for sharing what you find out elsewhere.

With all of the changes the NCAA has implemented I really wonder about the future of college athletics. But I am not panicked. I am kinda taking a wait and see attitude.

Wyoming has pretty much always had to rely on finding the diamonds in the rough and developing them. I know if I am one of those guys who wasn’t highly recruited and am suddenly “discovered “ I would have a certain amount of loyalty to the program that gave me a chance. But maybe that’s just me.

Regarding NIL if the Brown and Gold sells a jersey with your name on it you have to get a cut. Hence the reason players might not like jerseys with no name.

And maybe Greiner Ford could quit making those awful TV commercials with that dufus at the AA and use the actual players in their commercials and generate some NIL money for them.
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 40 times

Or maybe we could just turn the Athletics programs over to the geniuses on this forum. I’m sure we’ll see major success, maybe the best ever.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

ZapPoke wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:50 pm Or maybe we could just turn the Athletics programs over to the geniuses on this forum. I’m sure we’ll see major success, maybe the best ever.
I'll tell you what, we wouldn't keep Offensive Coordinators very long
W-Y, Until I Die!
SheepSlayer
Buckaroo

laxwyo wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:40 pm
ZapPoke wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:50 pm Or maybe we could just turn the Athletics programs over to the geniuses on this forum. I’m sure we’ll see major success, maybe the best ever.
We would if we had a halfway decent offense more than once a decade
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 31 times

laxwyo wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:40 pm
We would definitely be emptying our penny jars to hire Eric Bienemy any day now.
ImageImageImageImage