Chambers to the portal

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

WTF
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

Wish him the best. Good kid and gave a ton to the program. He damn sure doesn't owe WYO anything.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Ha. Who tf will be our qb
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Levi was a shock this is not at all
HR_Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

6 to 8 more transfers coming per this guy. Claim its because they hate living in Wyoming.

LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

HR_Poke wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:46 pm 6 to 8 more transfers coming per this guy. Claim its because they hate living in Wyoming.

Doesn’t add up. Why are they leaving now and not last year. Or the year before or the year before. Something happened
HR_Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

LanderPoke wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 3:05 pm
HR_Poke wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:46 pm 6 to 8 more transfers coming per this guy. Claim its because they hate living in Wyoming.

Doesn’t add up. Why are they leaving now and not last year. Or the year before or the year before. Something happened
Not sure. Never even heard of this guy before.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

LanderPoke wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 3:05 pm

I'll try to avoid politics and stay to topic. I think there is a weird psychological situation developing as a result of the COVID pandemic which is contributing to the great resignation.

I'm wondering if the mass transfers around the country is at least partly due to that. I know anecdotally that most business I work with have seen huge amounts of turnover this past year. Way beyond coincidentally high numbers.

Please note, this is nothing political or laying blame on any group. Just noting the pandemic seemed to trigger the urge for life changes this past year. Do they hate Wyoming or just becoming disgruntled with their situation in general and largely due to the pandemic. Wyoming is just the fall guy?

Other than that, I don't know. You're right. It doesn't add up.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Chambers was slotted to be the QB again. Where does he think he’s transferring to? I love the kid. He’s a leader and gamer but I can’t imagine he’s on anybody’s wish list as a QB. There could be somebody in a worse QB situation than us that need a stop gap
W-Y, Until I Die!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

laxwyo wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 10:48 am Chambers was slotted to be the QB again. Where does he think he’s transferring to? I love the kid. He’s a leader and gamer but I can’t imagine he’s on anybody’s wish list as a QB. There could be somebody in a worse QB situation than us that need a stop gap
Backup QB at Montana State to reunite with Vigen may be a possibility.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 75 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 10:55 am
laxwyo wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 10:48 am Chambers was slotted to be the QB again. Where does he think he’s transferring to? I love the kid. He’s a leader and gamer but I can’t imagine he’s on anybody’s wish list as a QB. There could be somebody in a worse QB situation than us that need a stop gap
FCS is my thought as well
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 80 times

Don’t blame him. With or without Levi, Chambers was not the answer. Appreciate what he represented and did for us. Wish him nothing but the best.
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 40 times

I’m starting to think you may have inside information. What else do you think might be possibilities? Spill
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

ZapPoke wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:20 pm
I’m starting to think you may have inside information. What else do you think might be possibilities? Spill
Haha. This one was pretty logical.

Matthew McKay left Montana State during the playoffs (bailed on his teammates)...leaving Montana State thin at QB behind true freshman sensation Tommy Mellott. This really came back to bite Montana State in the championship game when Mellott was injured on the first drive leaving the team basically hapless on offense. If Mellott stays healthy, that game is a much different game.

Chambers was recruited by Vigen and the two have stayed close. It was obvious in the way they approached each other following the Wyoming-Montana State game (where McKay started for Montana State). Chambers fits a ball control run-centered Vigen offense but he never seemed to gel with Polasek. It was pretty clear by the end of the year that Chambers and Polasek were not a good fit. Polasek was asking Chambers to do things that are not Chambers strengths.

Overall, Chambers likely will not be able to beat out Mellott but Montana State will have a pretty darn good 2 deep at QB for an FCS. Right now and on paper, Montana State has a much better QB room than Wyoming and would likely smoke us.