What is Bohl's fault and what is not.

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 60 times

Ok...Here is what is Bohl's fault

A tepid overall record and a sub .500 conference record....That is what he should be criticized for.

Thing's that are not Bohl's fault

The amount of money he makes
The MWC Bowl tie-ins
Player's transfer portal decisions

Everybody is quick to act like the HC can mollify standout athletes for whom Wyoming was never the #1 school they wanted to go to. Any head coach is going to piss off his players multiple times during a season. Unless the player wants to be there .... and they have options ... they will enter the transfer portal and leave, there is just no incentive not to do it.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

307bball wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:02 pm Ok...Here is what is Bohl's fault

A tepid overall record and a sub .500 conference record....That is what he should be criticized for.

The MWC Bowl tie-ins

Everybody is quick to act like the HC can mollify standout athletes for whom Wyoming was never the #1 school they wanted to go to. Any head coach is going to piss off his players multiple times during a season. Unless the player wants to be there .... and they have options ... they will enter the transfer portal and leave, there is just no incentive not to do it.
Disagree. Treat people like poop (to use the term loosely), and they will quit. I don't care if it is McDonald's, Tesla, or the Wyoming Cowboys.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
307bball
WyoNation Addict

McPeachy wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:07 pm
307bball wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:02 pm Ok...Here is what is Bohl's fault

The MWC Bowl tie-ins

Disagree. Treat people like Sh#t (to use the term loosely), and they will quit. I don't care if it is McDonald's, Tesla, or the Wyoming Cowboys.
So...If Bohl had done something different...we wouldn't be losing all of these players?...And, for the record, If you are intimating that Bohl treats his players badly...I don't think you have much history of that to go on. I think he made the wrong call on the Williams/Chambers decision but I don't think that is the reason Levi/Neyor are leaving.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

Wyoming won’t be able to keep many good players anymore honestly. If they play well they will move on to other schools where they get more publicity and can make money.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

seattlecowboy wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:26 pm If they play well they will move on to other schools where they get more publicity and can make money.
Won't that be true of all MWC teams? So it will end up that the MWC football will lose all the good players to the premier teams and become more of a low level conference.
307bball
WyoNation Addict

Adv8RU12 wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:39 pm
seattlecowboy wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:26 pm If they play well they will move on to other schools where they get more publicity and can make money.
Won't that be true of all MWC teams? So it will end up that the MWC football will lose all the good players to the premier teams and become more of a low level conference.
Generally... Yes. I do think BSU will fare better that the rest of mwc.... Maybe SDSU as well
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

This is a decent article on how the transfer portal is f-word up college football.

https://www.heartlandcollegesports.com/ ... f-control/
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 11 times

Most people mid season knew these transfers were coming. The mishandling of the offense is the reason. Bohls fault completely. Horrible play calling and offensive philosophy. Good luck to these kids. I don’t blame them.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

As I see it, we should be cruising P5 transfers that are looking for playing time. We won’t continue using high school players only
W-Y, Until I Die!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

WyoVaquero wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:03 pm Most people mid season knew these transfers were coming. The mishandling of the offense is the reason. Bohls fault completely. Horrible play calling and offensive philosophy. Good luck to these kids. I don’t blame them.
f-word them
W-Y, Until I Die!
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

Adv8RU12 wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:39 pm
Not necessarily. The majority of people think lots of other places are WAY better to live in than Wyoming. Most of the kids Wyoming gets , Wyoming wouldn’t be close to their first choice. So anytime a bigger school comes after them, most will leave. I could see some even leaving for other MWC schools just because the overall living is better than Laramie.

Just the facts. Wyoming will have players leave way more than any other MWC school will.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

If we're lucky, Bohl will enter the portal. He may be welcome at Northeastern Montana State Normal Indian Teachers College.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

I am hearing rumors of complete loss of the locker room. Players not responding to Bohl and his tactics anymore. Many wanted to quit mid season
WyoExpat
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

seattlecowboy wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:26 pm Wyoming won’t be able to keep many good players anymore honestly. If they play well they will move on to other schools where they get more publicity and can make money.
THIS!
307bball
WyoNation Addict

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:00 pm I am hearing rumors of complete loss of the locker room. Players not responding to Bohl and his tactics anymore. Many wanted to quit mid season
Source? I guess anything is possible...I just don't see that kind of body language with this team.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

307bball wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:14 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:00 pm I am hearing rumors of complete loss of the locker room. Players not responding to Bohl and his tactics anymore. Many wanted to quit mid season
Source? I guess anything is possible...I just don't see that kind of body language with this team.
I have my sources :)
HR_Poke
Cowpoke

It was pretty evident in the NM and Hawaii game.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

HR_Poke wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:21 pm
I guess there are a crap load of players with eligibility remaining that graduated that will not be back and they made it known, but Bohl still only honored the super seniors at the Hawaii game for senior day. Guess this pissed off a lot of them. Just one example of things that went down l.
HR_Poke
Cowpoke

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:26 pm
HR_Poke wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:21 pm
I guess there are a crap load of players with eligibility remaining that graduated that will not be back and they made it known, but Bohl still only honored the super seniors at the Hawaii game for senior day. Guess this pissed off a lot of them. Just one example of things that went down l.
Not surprising after his tantrum about the opt out players last year.