Potato Bowl vs. Kent State

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

LKGates wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:26 pm Man, expectations are a biatch. I remember going to the Potato Bowl in 2011. It had been 14 years since USU had been to a bowl. We were still in the WAC, and considered ourselves lucky to be there, given where we'd been. Everyone at Utah State was so excited to be going to a bowl, ANY bowl, we were all crapping potatoes for a week.

I get that this is a disappointment. Yeah, if you had played like you did against us in every game, you'd be the ones going to the LA Bowl. And I guess it really isn't any of my business, but that's never stopped me. My advice, let go of what could have been, live in the moment, and try to enjoy what you've got. Most of those kids on your team worked damned hard all year, and they've earned a bowl game experience, and I think they deserve your support. So suck up your own feelings, and support the kids. You can tell me to go to hell, but that's how I feel.

Oh, and I love you guys.
Go Pokes! Go AGGIES!
Well said. Thank you.
I'm good for 3!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:58 pm The more I look at this game, the more I like Wyoming's chances.

Wyoming was largely successful on offense against USU because their corners were undersized which was to the strengths of Cobbs and Neyor....Kent State's starting CBs are listed both at 5'10 (meaning they are probably really 5'9). For comparison, Utah State's Corners/Nickel are listed at 5'10 and 5'11.

Wyoming also has played 2 other defenses that run the 3-4. These were Ball State and San Jose State. Against these teams, Wyoming was effective running the ball which opened things up in the pass game. Note: I am not counting New Mexico's defense because that is significantly different than the typical 3-4.

We appear to match up well with Kent State from a cursory look.
Also, Boise in Dec might have some weather issues. Wind like last night in Buffalo would completely neutralize the passing game.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.