Bowl Projections

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
cowpoke pride
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

Wyokie wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:04 pm
cowpoke pride wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:55 pm 3) I can't stand what the bowl season has become.
Here's another reason to hate it...

13 of the fourteen SEC teams are going to be in a bowl. Only one saying home...Vanderbilt. That alone should oughta tell ya there's WAY too many bowls.
But Vandy beat CSU in Fort Collins!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

cowpoke pride wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:23 am
Wyokie wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:04 pm
cowpoke pride wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:55 pm 3) I can't stand what the bowl season has become.
Here's another reason to hate it...

13 of the fourteen SEC teams are going to be in a bowl. Only one saying home...Vanderbilt. That alone should oughta tell ya there's WAY too many bowls.
But Vandy beat CSU in Fort Collins!
So did South Dakota State...by a lot.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Listening to a source close to UW they are NOT too excited about getting any invite this weekend to a bowl game, they are calling it slim....as it should be with that type of 2nd half....
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 16 times

The only thing more embarrassing than seeing the Pokes in a bowl game this year would be being the only bowl eligible team in the country not getting an invite.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 78 times

LanderPoke wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:40 pm We’re going to luck into a bowl. We’d better show up and represent well
It's funny. The 2018 team was miles more deserving than this one.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 43 times

Poke in New England wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:08 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:40 pm We’re going to luck into a bowl. We’d better show up and represent well
Won the last 4 games after starting out horribly. 2021 is really the exact opposite of 2018!!!.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
cowpoke pride
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

Like 2018, the 2021 team had to pull a win out of their ass in the last minute against their FCS opponent (Wofford).
2018 didn't have wins of nearly that same quality as @ Northern Illinois (almost gave it away) and @ Utah St (without question best road win of Bohl era) in 2021.
2018 didn't have a loss as bad as New Mexico in 2021.
In 2018, the Cowboys lost to everyone that was decent and beat everyone that sucked.

Which 6-6 season is/was more deserving of a bowl invite is a very curious question. I would lean more towards 2021 I think.
aranderson
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

cowpoke pride wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:49 am
Like 2018, the 2021 team had to pull a win out of their A$$ in the last minute against their FCS opponent (Wofford).
2018 didn't have wins of nearly that same quality as @ Northern Illinois (almost gave it away) and @ Utah St (without question best road win of Bohl era) in 2021.
2018 didn't have a loss as bad as New Mexico in 2021.
In 2018, the Cowboys lost to everyone that was decent and beat everyone that sucked.

Which 6-6 season is/was more deserving of a bowl invite is a very curious question. I would lean more towards 2021 I think.
A agree with your sentiment. 2021 team is more deserving on the pretense that we beat to division champions, and conference championship game participants. We beat a very good Montana State team, we also beat another bowl eligible team in Ball State. Yes our losses were untimely and one very bad, however the body of our wins outweighs our losses. New Mexico was the only truly bad loss. Followed by San Jose. I can live with our other 4 losses to decent to good teams. Stop letting your disappointment repeatedly cause you to bash this team. Our schedule was back loaded and we knew that. Not our fault the better teams were scheduled then.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

Our SOS this year is ranked 109 out of 130. I would'nt use the term "loaded" at all when describing this year's schedule. Is what it is. This year was poop show and nothing less. Maybe 3 or 4 semi decent teams on the entire schedule and that's using the term decent pretty liberally.

Probably not a lot of difference but SOS in 18 was ranked 84 or so.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
aranderson
Cowpoke

Also I recognize there was alot of talent and athletic and tenure wasted this year. Bur Jesus I remember albeit I was young but waiting more than a decade for our next bowl game. Four bowls in six years, and eligible five of six. In my short 33 years alive and as a Wyoming fan that's better than what we as fans have experienced the other 70% of my life. We all want championships, but come on get over the idea that we are even capable of being a Boise State type school and enjoy what we do have. We could be the dumpster fire that is UNLV. Great recruiting to a point but still suck.
aranderson
Cowpoke

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:58 pm Our SOS this year is ranked 109 out of 130. I would'nt use the term "loaded" at all when describing this year's schedule. Is what it is. This year was Sh#t show and nothing less. Maybe 3 or 4 semi decent teams on the entire schedule and that's using the term decent pretty liberally.

Probably not a lot of difference but SOS in 18 was ranked 84 or so.
Thats a fair assessment, I agree with the use of decent. San Diego State is good not even great. We are conference of decent football teams. Great left when Utah, TCU and BYU left.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

I'm loving how people take being bowl eligible as its a right that we hafta go to one. Yes it is more practice, yes its good to be recognized and Yes Wyoming travels well to bowl games, in the long scheme of things what do we benefit from a New Mexico Bowl this time???
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

stymeman wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:31 pm I'm loving how people take being bowl eligible as its a right that we hafta go to one. Yes it is more practice, yes its good to be recognized and Yes Wyoming travels well to bowl games, in the long scheme of things what do we benefit from a New Mexico Bowl this time???
Visibility for the transfer portal? Oh wait, we don't believe in the transfer portal even though it is obvious that the transfer portal will be critical for success in the new era of college football.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
aranderson
Cowpoke

FWIW the Football Oversight Committee has approved a one time bowl game for this year. So Wyoming will be going to a bowl game so be prepared to have another game with the Pokes. https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... ument-says
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

aranderson wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:57 pm FWIW the Football Oversight Committee has approved a one time bowl game for this year. So Wyoming will be going to a bowl game so be prepared to have another game with the Pokes. https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... ument-says
This new bowl game will be in Texas, who knows where.

Basically the NCAA decided to go all Oprah on everyone who has 6 wins or more including Hawaii who finished the regular season at 6-7.

You get a bowl appearance, and...
You get a bowl appearance
EVERYONE gets a bowl appearance!!!! :roll:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

Wyokie wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:48 pm
aranderson wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:57 pm FWIW the Football Oversight Committee has approved a one time bowl game for this year. So Wyoming will be going to a bowl game so be prepared to have another game with the Pokes. https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... ument-says

Basically the NCAA decided to go all Oprah on everyone who has 6 wins or more including Hawaii who finished the regular season at 6-7.

Participation trophy bullsh*t.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

Wyovanian wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:52 pm

Basically!!!!! :roll:
bullbugle307
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 21 times

Wyokie wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:55 pm

It's all about the money.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Hunter S. Thompson
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

bullbugle307 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:16 pm
Wyokie wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:55 pm

It's all about the money.
Yep!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Lol Oprah!