Fire Bohl!!

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 86 times

Terrible effort. Senior day. Fire him. 6-6 is no way to live.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 142 times

I think I’m over the Bohl experience. It’s been 8 years. I’m not saying this O can’t work and we need to go triple option or air raid but I do think we need someone with a new and better take on it. It’s not the lack of championships, it’s the inability to run through the lower half of the league.
Last edited by laxwyo on Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
W-Y, Until I Die!
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy

We are and will always be mediocre with the him. I’m done.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

LawPoke wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:23 pm We are and will always be mediocre with the him. I’m done.
Who can argue with this? My god. Eight years of this is enough. Bring in someone new. What's the worst that can happen? We keep losing to the dregs of the conference? Two conferences wins with a senior laden team. Apparently, the players don't care so why should we.
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

Burman won’t do poop. Couldn’t afford to even if he wanted to (which he wouldn’t, because that would be publicly acknowledging that he done f-word up). That idiot and his f-word contract extensions.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
johnywyo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 1 time

There are other PJ Fleck types out here. Lets broom his ass. These kids don't want this experience any more than we do.
At the molecular level all mankind is a brilliant super-nova.
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy

Bohl’s post game was beyond frustrating. Coach double talk bs. So sick of it. No fire except when he’s calling a freaking timeout.
GOWYO
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Yeah, I'd rather be picked at the bottom and surprise with a few more wins than be picked to challenge for a championship and lay a brick like this year. It's NOT the players' fault. I just think that Bohl is just somehow too "old-school" to connect with these kids anymore. In the transfer-portal era, you'd better be able to get your kids' loyalty and enthusiasm rolling.
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

I don’t think people realize just how locked into Bohl we are. He holds all the cards. Birman basically gave him the CFB equivalent of a lifetime deal.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

He’s not going anywhere. $$$. Get ready for two more years! Let’s pray he can turn this ship around
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy

LanderPoke wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:04 pm He’s not going anywhere. $$$. Get ready for two more years! Let’s pray he can turn this ship around
Yep. I can forego contributing to his salary though.

Let’s just put it in words the ol’ ball coach might understand: "I want to take a look at myself, saying 'why in the heck ain’t I prepared to support garbage? Because Bohl’s teams are.”

“So, if you want to come up with an answer, just say, 'Hey, coach Bohl didn't have them very well prepared, and I am now not prepared to spend good money watching teams and coaches that don’t care to prepare.”
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

LawPoke wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:11 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:04 pm He’s not going anywhere. $$$. Get ready for two more years! Let’s pray he can turn this ship around

Let’s just put it in words the ol’ ball coach might understand: "I want to take a look at myself, saying 'why in the heck ain’t I prepared to support garbage? Because Bohl’s teams are.”

“So, if you want to come up with an answer, just say, 'Hey, coach Bohl didn't have them very well prepared, and I am now not prepared to spend good money watching teams and coaches that don’t care to prepare.”
Yeah, I understand your sentiments . I tell myself I won’t support the program, but like a dog to his vomit, I’ll be back. Ugh
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

The football program won’t get another penny out of me until he’s gone or wins the conference.

Not that that amounts to much or they even give a poop. But it’s about the only thing I can do beyond bitching on the internet.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy

Subcanis wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:27 pm The football program won’t get another penny out of me until he’s gone or wins the conference.

Not that that amounts to much or they even give a Sh#t. But it’s about the only thing I can do beyond bitching on the internet.
Worked to get rid of Edwards. In a small program, even several hundred canceled season tickets and CJC donations can “focus” leadership.
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy

LanderPoke wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:21 pm
LawPoke wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:11 pm

Yeah, I understand your sentiments . I tell myself I won’t support the program, but like a dog to his vomit, I’ll be back. Ugh
In prior years, I would have been the dog on the vomit…not now. I have a lot of other things I can do with the several thousand dollars I spend on WYO football and CJC.
PokeTransplant
Cowpoke
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 14 times

"Those who stay will be Champions"
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy

PokeTransplant wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:37 pm "Those who stay will be Champions"
Bohl will never win a championship at Wyoming. Never. We will all be dead if we wait on the deserted island of Bohl-ball for a championship.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 43 times

LawPoke wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:51 pm
PokeTransplant wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:37 pm "Those who stay will be Champions"
Bohl will never win a championship at Wyoming. Never. We will all be dead if we wait on the deserted island of Bohl-ball for a championship.
He had a chance in 2016 except the defense never showed up against SDSU that night in Laramie. :roll:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy

With a once in multiple lifetimes quarterback and receiving corps that saw multiple guys go to the NFL. And we still couldn’t win it.

Sorry to be so negative, but I think I earned a bit of pessimism today and this year!
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 61 times

His salary deal has us completely over a barrel.... No way he gets the boot... We are going to limp through two more mediocre seasons... Then... New coach... Then repeat.

I'm as disappointed as the rest of you...I just can't see anything changing this cycle.... And while Burman may not be a visionary.... The cycle is bigger than the AD's office.