Hawaii game thread

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

johnywyo wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:10 pm
Wyovanian wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:47 pm That's ball game. And, if there's anyone rational at UW administration, Bohl's last one.
For sure. Give his fat A$$ the boot.
If Burman has one hair on his ass, he will inform Bohl that we will politely decline any Bowl invitation.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

laxwyo wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:14 pm What’s really sad is this program could have gone into a bowl or offseason winning 3 out of the last 4 and feeling pretty good about where Levi could take this team. All gone. Every bit of optimism about turning a corner after csu and Utah st victories is wiped away
Is what it is. POKES caught usu flat and the line matched up well against usu lines. Other than that win, POKES are a bad football team that beat other bad football teams. Also lost to other bad teams.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

Flush it.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

A bowl game? No. I just could not take it.
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 89 times

We are so goddam mediocre. I hate being luke warm. Shameful effort today. No heart. No guts.

I get losing to Boise and Fresno, but getting worked by Hawaii, New Mexico and San Jose? Give me a damned break.

Boooooo!
jessejames02
Ranch Hand

We need an easy bowl game so Bohl can be 7-6 on the season and Burman can explain away another insane contract extension.
52-56
cowpoke pride
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

laxwyo wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:09 pm
laxwyo wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:39 pm If I know Wyoming football, we’ll probably win this and then lose to
Hawaii.
Remember this? I was called out for it lol. God I hate being this damn good.
I was thinking of you and that post all thru the game.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Hopefully we do not get a bowl game. This team doesn’t deserve it.

Playing .500 ball and finishing 2-6 in conference play while losing to New Mexico and getting your butt whipped the last game of the season does not warrant any bowl games.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
LKGates
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 2 times

Utah State fan here,
Wow, what the heck happened? That didn't even look like the same team from a week ago.
I'm very sorry for the loss. I know it's a disappointing season, but like I keep saying, you beat the sheep, you beat us, and you're going to a bowl. It could be a lot worse.
And speaking of going to a bowl, I see some of you guys saying you should turn down an invitation. My two cents worth, that would be a mistake. The program needs work. An extra two weeks of practice, and an extra game is a good start. Refusing a bowl invitation would be cutting off your nose to spite your face.
One last thing, and please forgive me, but I have to, why couldn't you have played like that last week?!?!?!

Go Pokes! Go AGGIES!
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy

LKGates wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:07 pm Utah State fan here,
Wow, what the heck happened? That didn't even look like the same team from a week ago.
I'm very sorry for the loss. I know it's a disappointing season, but like I keep saying, you beat the sheep, you beat us, and you're going to a bowl. It could be a lot worse.
And speaking of going to a bowl, I see some of you guys saying you should turn down an invitation. My two cents worth, that would be a mistake. The program needs work. An extra two weeks of practice, and an extra game is a good start. Refusing a bowl invitation would be cutting off your nose to spite your face.
One last thing, and please forgive me, but I have to, why couldn't you have played like that last week?!?!?!

Go Pokes! Go AGGIES!
They can go to a bowl, but I ain’t following them to it. Don’t want to spend another cent on uninspired, Ill-prepared craptastic football. If we do go to a bowl, they will play Nobody State U in Boise or some other wonderful location. Count me out.
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

f-word a bowl. We’d get our asses handed to us yet again. Remember just how close 4-0 and 1-3 really were OOC.

Another 15 practices under this staff would be a net loss methinks.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

The players like most fans today really didn't want to be there and it truly showed. I'm soooo tired of the roller coaster this team puts everybody including themselves. It was a truly pathetic showing on A late November day at 7220, the Pokes were yet again flat and a team from Hawaii, yes i said that Hawaii came in and punched the Pokes in the mouth....as for a bowl....if the players looked like they didn't want to play today why would i put any stock in them wanting to play in 3 weeks. Bohl is sooooo stuck in his ways that even if he's asked to try new things, he doesn't know how.....44-50 after 8 years it's truly apparent the D1 FBS level even at the MWC is too much for him and his staff. All i see is the next 3 years until the contract is up in 24, medocrity because We Are Wyoming, pathetic, and like I've always said if Craig Bohl is soooo good, then why the hell do we/Wyoming have him then......what more fun roller coaster rides can i take in year 9 in 22
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy

Subcanis wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:20 pm
Another 15 practices under this staff would be a net loss methinks.
So incredibly true and so horribly sad.

Our offensive line was supposed to be a strength and was crap most of the season. At least get rid of Frazier. And I will be shocked if Neyor and/or Cobbs, aren’t in the transfer portal. Grant is a terrible WR coach. They could be so much more with a team that actually schemed with a nod to the forward pass and showed it with a true D1 WR coach.