Bohl Ball?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 80 times

If not him, who?

He likely gets another year or two, but I think he has some immediate decisions to make after this season:

I sit by a guy who has ties to the OL coach. His "tie" said that wherever he goes, the OL tanks. It seems that has happened this year. We lose most of the line this year and don't particularly see an OL product that is solely his. He needs to go.

The jury is still out on Polasek, but the early hype has given way to skepticism for me. We need to find a true pocket passer, IMHO, who can complete the 5-15 yard pass 75% of the time. Neither Chambers nor Williams can get us there. My guess is that we see some transfers out of our QB and, unfortunately, WR corps.

The defense is fine. They have been put in some horrible positions by our offense and special teams - and have done ok most of the year. That said, we are losing a lot of guys next year.

Judging from our current roster, what we lose to graduation and the overall vibe surrounding the program, next year sets up to be markedly WORSE than this miserable POS season has developed into.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

The team has gotten worse as the players have become more experienced. Looks like a reset of the program may be necessary.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

The whole offensive philosophy just sucks. The offense is predicated on getting 4-5 yards a pop from an i formation up the middle when the defense knows you are going to try to do just that. We get 1-2 yards per carry. Play action doesn’t work when we have no threat of our “bread and butter” play actually working. The vertical routes take entirely too long to develop and defenses pin their ear back and just go knowing they’ll stop our simple run play or get to the qb because he’ll still have the ball waiting for a receiver to leave his break 30 yards downfield
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:17 pm The whole offensive philosophy just sucks. The offense is predicated on getting 4-5 yards a pop from an i formation up the middle when the defense knows you are going to try to do just that. We get 1-2 yards per carry. Play action doesn’t work when we have no threat of our “bread and butter” play actually working. The vertical routes take entirely too long to develop and defenses pin their ear back and just go knowing they’ll stop our simple run play or get to the qb because he’ll still have the ball waiting for a receiver to leave his break 30 yards downfield
The problem I see is that we don’t have the players to run this type of vertical passing offense. Not that this type of offense will never work. To run this, you need an accurate QB that can get through his progressions quickly. The coaches have been too stubborn for too long to adjust the offense to our players’ strengths. If chambers is our QB, then let’s run some option and take advantage of chambers and valladay’s physicality. Let’s utilize the tight end and fullback much more in a short passing game. If Williams is our QB, then let’s design some quick routes with high percentage throws.
PokeNer
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Grant should not have been retained, let alone elevated to Passing Game Coordinator. The passing accuracy has been abysmal, yes, but I think a lot of it lies on the feet of Grant. There is no creativity in routes.

We have no short to mid range passing game. Every series is rinse and repeat - throw deep on first (usually incomplete), off tackle left or right with no FB lead, incomplete pass on third because all receivers run 6-10 yards and stop and are immediately covered up.

He’s been terrible since he got here and Polasek should have been able to bring in his own guy.