OT: C-USA is getting gutted in 2023

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

9 of the 14 schools are leaving in two years.

To the American Athletic: UNC-Charlotte, Florida Atlantic, North Texas, Rice, UAB, and UTSA.
To the Sun Belt: Southern Miss (last remaining charter member of C-USA), Marshall, Old Dominion, AND James Madison (from the CAA at the FCS Level)

Which leaves 5 schools...

Florida International
Louisiana Tech
Middle Tennessee
UTEP (football has been doing well under Dana Dimel, remember him?)
Western Kentucky

So far, the MW is safe. We need to light a fire under Thompson's ass and get Gonzaga ASAP!!!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

It'd be great to get Gonzaga but I'm not holding my breath. I heard an interview with their AD and he said there are still a lot of changes coming in the next 18 months. The B12 wasn't done and between the MWC and WCC, the better league was whichever had Gonzaga. Also evaluating Big East option and acknowledged travel hurdle for other sports.

CUSA is in a tough spot and doesn't look like a lot of great options. I think we're relatively safe. We might lose another team or 2 to the P5 but I don't think we'll get to CUSA level of demolition.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.