Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 11 times

We know Bohl will at least get 2022. another year of this poop.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

He will be here through 2023 I believe that is when his contract runs out.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

seattlecowboy wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:13 pm He will be here through 2023 I believe that is when his contract runs out.
His contract is through 24 at least and I believe Birman extended him one year last year, so 24 at least maybe 25 but I’m too lazy to look it up. But realistically to afford buying him out will come first after the 23 season.
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand

His answers at press conferences are as lame as his offense.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

He’s been reduced to saying the team tried hard at his presser. That’s when you know one foot is in the grave. By the way, isn’t that something a little league coach would say?
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand

I am curious to see what he says on Monday.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

WyoVaquero wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:12 am I am curious to see what he says on Monday.
I’ll foreshadow:
1) We’ve got to get better on both sides of the ball.
2) We knew New Mexico would be a tough test.
3) We will evaluate the QB position over the course of the week and name a starter before the game.
4) San Jose State is going to pose a big challenge.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:53 am
WyoVaquero wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:12 am I am curious to see what he says on Monday.
I’ll foreshadow:
3) We will evaluate the QB position over the course of the week and name a starter before the game.

You forgot one. He will have his little feelings hurt like a baby that can’t handle anything being questioned and call everyone little league coaches or arm chair QB’s.

Which is actually funny because I think a little league coach and arm chair QB could handle the quarterback position better than he could at this point.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

seattlecowboy wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:36 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:53 am
I’ll foreshadow:

You forgot one. He will have his little feelings hurt like a baby that can’t handle anything being questioned and call everyone little league coaches or arm chair QB’s.

Which is actually funny because I think a little league coach and arm chair QB could handle the quarterback position better than he could at this point.
A chimp at the local zoo here could do a better job. :roll:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand

What changes get made for next year?
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

2022 will look a lot like 2008 did, an offensively challenged staff that knows it’s days are numbered except Bohl knows he still has 2-3 more year left or a fat buyout coming his way. The program will be a dumpster fire of players transferring out, probably rotating between 3-4 Chris Surtzrheim type quarterbacks.
WyomingAgJ
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 16 times

At the end of this year we will get to hear Burman say "I had a long talk with Coach Bohl, and there is a great plan for improvement and we all agree we expect to see much better results next year," just like he said with Edwards when he kept him on staff when it was painfully obvious that he should have been fired, because there won't be any money for the buyout.

My early prediction is 3-9 next year. Our non-conference is much tougher next year but I'll say we sneak an upset win in conference against someone. The real question will be what excuses Burman gives after next year when no improvement is seen and we still don't have the money for the buyout.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Wearing out his welcome for damn sure....always said it...if Bohl's so good why do we have him?? Joe Glenn 2.0 isn't working, especially into Year #8....FBS is a step he truly isn't cut out for and it's showing. It's too bad with all the NFL talent we've gotten here at UW as well. We need a young up and coming coach that gets it the D1(whatever that means any more) level and sees a direction this new college football is going to be. Sorry Craig this old song and dance is getting old(like you) and it's time to part waves after the contract is up.
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand

Bohl was embarrassing cheering like a madman when we got a passing first down. It was like a moral victory for us. I was shaking my head.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Does Bohl really give a rodent's backside? He's old enough that if he is covered thru 2024 that's OK with him and he is old enough that he will just retire from football. Lesson: hire capable younger driven people (on a short contract) next time.