I've never been this right or this miserable

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

marcuswyo wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:16 am This team’s problem is offensive scheme .....
You are absolutely right. 1960's football doesn't work in 2021.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Adv8RU12 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:46 am
marcuswyo wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:16 am This team’s problem is offensive scheme .....
You are absolutely right. 1960's football doesn't work in 2021.
Except we are not running a 1960s scheme. We are running a pro-style with a downhill passing game without the pieces to run that offense. This is not the offense we ran the past few years.

New Mexico ran a 1960s scheme and beat us. We would be much more successful with that than what we are doing.
wwplayer
Buckaroo
Been liked: 8 times

As I mentioned in a previous post, I was born and raised in Wyo, a proud grad of UW, but haven't been there in many years. And I haven't lived there for many more years beyond that. Basically, I haven't had much connection for a long, long time except for following Cowboy FB and BB. It's hard to invest when you're so far away (both in miles and years). Maybe it's time to step away, but I can't do it quite yet. Because, over the years I have occasionally served as a volunteer "college rep" for UW at high schools where I have taught. My current school is having a College Fair in about 10 days, and I am planning to run a table for UW. Now, I got a great education when I went there and I've always had very fond memories. I've also always thought it might be a great fit for some of the kids I've taught (BTW - before ANY financial aid, the cost of going to UW out of state is cheaper than the Univ of Illinois in-state). But right now - I've got a bad taste in my mouth from this season ( some of the extreme political rants posted on this forum don't help....). This might be my last hurrah, as there's a good chance I retire after this year. I guess, I'll just put on a happy face, but after this event........
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Can we try a real FBS coach, not a FCS coach, not a coordinater, before we say you can’t win here? We’ve made crappy hires
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

Sadly for me, I still remember the glory years of Paul Roach. I have a 1987 AFA 2 UA football program from a relative who went to the game, a 1988 Utah @ Wyoming program from another relative, a copy of the 1988 UW football media guide, and both the 1988 bowl media guide and game program. Plus a VHS copy of "Rocky Mountain Thunder," 1988 highlights video (thank gawd, it barely showed highlights from our only two losses - Houston and Okie State). You all get the picture...

It doesn't help that I live in Oklahoma where the Sooners has won SIX straight Big XIII titles and counting. It's really hard to brag on my Cowboys down here.

The only real good things about Bohl has been FINALLY beating the Smurfs, Josh Allen; plus getting us to a conference title game AND hosting it with talent that should had us in a NY6 bowl and winning at least 12 games but yet, we ended up at 8-6. Plus more importantly he was able to stabilize the program. He just couldn't get it to be good enough to be like Boise State..i.e winning conference championships.

I do agree with the USU fan that posts on here from time to time, I honestly think the root of the problem is the AD, Burman. Get rid of him and we just might salvage both the football program & basketball programs. Otherwise, we're screwed permanently!!!!! Sadly, we got a far better shot of getting rid of Biden & the other turds running this country than getting rid of Burman.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Hire a o-coordinator like Greg Brandon and give him the autonomy to run what he wants. This would be a ten win team, even with suspect QBs.
PokesSince02
Buckaroo

It’s been a few years since I’ve been on this board, however I don’t have my old account anymore. I work in the media, however I am a Wyoming fan first and foremost. After this loss I am concerned, and feel as though we may try to get some free blood in the program, which I would support. I am appreciative of what coach Bohl has done since he has been here, but I think we can contend better in the MWC with a new face.

I got a new account so that I can push the people I think would be a good replacement. I have a few names, however would be interested to see who else people see as potential fits to be the next HBC! I don’t think Birman will go anywhere, but if we go 0-8 in conference play I could see Bohl stepping away.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy

Brock Spack or Greg Brandon would fit in some type of combination.
PokesSince02
Buckaroo

marcuswyo wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:43 pm Brock Spack or Greg Brandon would fit in some type of combination.
I’ve met both of these guys, and think they’re great guys and great coaches. My only concern with Greg is his age. He’s 65 right now. Brock is 59, which isn’t bad, but another FCS guy. I wasn’t sure if the fan base would want to go that route again.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

PokesSince02 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:55 pm
marcuswyo wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:43 pm Brock Spack or Greg Brandon would fit in some type of combination.
I’ve met both of these guys, and think they’re great guys and great coaches. My only concern with Greg is his age. He’s 65 right now. Brock is 59, which isn’t bad, but another FCS guy. I wasn’t sure if the fan base would want to go that route again.
Brandon isn’t leaving Mines until he retires. He has pretty much said this is his last stop.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy

He would leave for a million dollars per year. He never made that type of money at any of his stops.
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 14 times

wwplayer wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:45 pm As I mentioned in a previous post, I was born and raised in Wyo, a proud grad of UW, but haven't been there in many years. And I haven't lived there for many more years beyond that. Basically, I haven't had much connection for a long, long time except for following Cowboy FB and BB. It's hard to invest when you're so far away (both in miles and years). Maybe it's time to step away, but I can't do it quite yet. Because, over the years I have occasionally served as a volunteer "college rep" for UW at high schools where I have taught. My current school is having a College Fair in about 10 days, and I am planning to run a table for UW. Now, I got a great education when I went there and I've always had very fond memories. I've also always thought it might be a great fit for some of the kids I've taught (BTW - before ANY financial aid, the cost of going to UW out of state is cheaper than the Univ of Illinois in-state). But right now - I've got a bad taste in my mouth from this season ( some of the extreme political rants posted on this forum don't help....). This might be my last hurrah, as there's a good chance I retire after this year. I guess, I'll just put on a happy face, but after this event........
You should fly back to Laramie for a game. I do every year. It's a great way to stay connected to UW. I'm also a teacher and I'm constantly selling the university to my high school students. I have never done a table at a college fair, but I would be interested. Who did you talk to to set that up?
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 14 times

wwplayer wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:45 pm As I mentioned in a previous post, I was born and raised in Wyo, a proud grad of UW, but haven't been there in many years. And I haven't lived there for many more years beyond that. Basically, I haven't had much connection for a long, long time except for following Cowboy FB and BB. It's hard to invest when you're so far away (both in miles and years). Maybe it's time to step away, but I can't do it quite yet. Because, over the years I have occasionally served as a volunteer "college rep" for UW at high schools where I have taught. My current school is having a College Fair in about 10 days, and I am planning to run a table for UW. Now, I got a great education when I went there and I've always had very fond memories. I've also always thought it might be a great fit for some of the kids I've taught (BTW - before ANY financial aid, the cost of going to UW out of state is cheaper than the Univ of Illinois in-state). But right now - I've got a bad taste in my mouth from this season ( some of the extreme political rants posted on this forum don't help....). This might be my last hurrah, as there's a good chance I retire after this year. I guess, I'll just put on a happy face, but after this event........
You should fly back to Laramie for a game. I do every year. It's a great way to stay connected to UW. I'm also a teacher and I'm constantly selling the university to my high school students. I have never done a table at a college fair, but I would be interested. Who did you talk to to set that up?
wwplayer
Buckaroo
Been liked: 8 times

phxpoke wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:24 pm
Just contact the Admissions Office, they are happy to set you up with materials/brochures/etc.
cowpoke pride
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

I'd like to be ranked in the Top 25 more than one solitary time in the last 25 years.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

cowpoke pride wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:37 pm I'd like to be ranked in the Top 25 more than one solitary time in the last 25 years.
1996. Same year we went 10-2, won the WAC Pacific Division, gave BYU a battle in Vegas., and still couldn't get a bowl invite!!!!!! :tickedoff:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 40 times

Wyokie wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:01 pm
cowpoke pride wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:37 pm I'd like to be ranked in the Top 25 more than one solitary time in the last 25 years.
1996. Same year we went 10-2, won the WAC Pacific Division, gave BYU a battle in Vegas., and still couldn't get a bowl invite!!!!!! :tickedoff:
Yep. There were only 18 bowl games then compared to 40 now. However, the utards went to the Copper Bowl with a record of 8-4.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

ZapPoke wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:49 pm
Yep. There were only 18 bowl games then compared to 40 now. However, the utards went to the Copper Bowl with a record of 8-4.
Yea but still...10 wins and you STILL can't get a spot!!!! COME ON, MAN!!!! :roll: :tickedoff:
cowpoke pride
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

I was thinking of the one week in 1998 when we were ranked. 1996 was before I moved here so I should have said 24 years.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

cowpoke pride wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:25 am
I was thinking of the one week in 1998 when we were ranked. 1996 was before I moved here so I should have said 24 years.
Oh, my bad. :oops:

In my defense, I completely forgot we were ranked in 1998.