UNM game

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 115 times

LanderPoke wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:32 pm
Cornpoke wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:51 am Did anyone listen to the post game show on the radio? Reece Monaco was doing a post game interview with Craigh Bohl and began asking a question about the Quarterback competition, Bohl cut him off and left the interview. I found that to be very unprofessional of Coach Bohl.
Wow. What a baby. He gets paid millions. He needs to answer the damn questions
Yeah, if that's true, Burman needs to end this now.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

Bohl doesn’t get to pick and choose what questions he gets asked anymore. He needs to start answering them. I don’t care if he doesn’t like it. Too freaking bad.

He is the highest paid employee in the state. If he can’t handle it then get out of big boy football.

Wyoming media needs to start being a lot tougher on these coaches and quit treating them like it’s a family affair.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
HR_Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Poke in New England wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:43 am
HR_Poke wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:15 pm
seattlecowboy wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:02 pm
Poke in New England wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:40 pm
seattlecowboy wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:18 pm
bladerunnr wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:34 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:18 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:53 pm Levi Williams is gone. His post came press conference basically said that without saying that.
I wouldn’t stick around either.Bohl is a jackass and is screwing williams over by not giving him a fair chance. It’s unbelievable
Giving him a fair chance? He had six terrible games last year and how many points has he put on the board this year? Let him go. And if you think he ends up at a D1 school, you're even dumber than I think you are.
Disagree with you. He was hurt last year. His throws were right on the money today except for one. A couple of his incompletions hit his receivers right in the hands that would have been big gains but receivers dropped it. He also got screwed because the offensive line kept getting holding calls after we would get a first down and we instead ended up having to go 18 yards or more for first downs.

He is a good QB. Bohl is a dumbass.
Yes it was a dumb decision to put Chambers back in. But Williams is a 47% completion quarterback in his career at Wyoming. I must have been missing all the throws that were right on the money today and in past games.

Chambers career completion percentage? 48 percent. Care to guess what TVW's was? It was 49.

All of them quarterback the exact same way. Happy feet in the pocket, stare down one or two receivers, launch a pass into coverage that may or may not even be close to its intended target. The uncanny similarities point to coaching first and foremost. We get quality athletes and simply fail to polish them into serviceable FBS quarterbacks. None of these players are/were gifted enough to overcome piss poor coaching and development, not to mention the holes elsewhere in the roster.
I didn’t say anything about past games except that his throwing shoulder was hurt last year and his throws were on the money today.
He hit neyor on the deep pass. Chambers couldn't do that. He also hit brown 15 yards out but he dropped it. He had 2 bad passes that I can remember with one being behind the TE, and one in the redzone that was thrown into double coverage and our WR got mugged before the ball was within 5 yards.
Chambers couldnt hit on one pass? Neyor has several long touchdowns from Chambers this season. Williams missed him on another sure touchdown a few plays later.

My point is that making a few throws here and missing a few throws there has basically been the standard for our QB play since losing Josh Allen. All the guys we have tried have basically been the same. You can't run an offense in college football today with that. I will be happy to be proven wrong if Williams turns into a better QB for us. He certainly should be the starter going forward. But based on what I have seen he isn't the guy either.
He overthrew a wide open neyor on Saturday, that's been a trend too. He struggles with the deep ball, either too much on it or too little. Williams may suck equally as bad as chambers or worse. But at this time what do we have to lose by playing him. We have to do something different, or we will continue losing badly.
Douglaspoke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 5 times

Good for Reece Monaco

Walsh or McKinney would not have tried at all to ask such a question
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."