Jake Dickert - HC Wazzu

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 115 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:42 pm
WestWYOPoke wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:31 pm
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:14 pm
LawPoke wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:12 pm Now to Biden's "mandate" - it hasn't been released yet, but will likely say that you either (1) get vaxxed; OR (2) you get tested regularly. Hardly a mandate if you can opt for another path. And if a business wants to mandate it, it's their choice. I remember a day when the GOP believed in free enterprise and the invisible hand of the market. Even so, I actually agree that government shouldn't say either way: they should let the individual business decide what it wants to do to mitigate business risk.
Did you read the Washington mandate? There was no testing option.
States' rights... right?
Sure, as I stated above. Just like TX and their abortion bill ;)
So you good with that WestWyo? WA can fire Rolo and TX can do what they want or are you a hypocrite?
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:00 pm
LawPoke wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:12 pm Now to Biden's "mandate" - it hasn't been released yet, but will likely say that you either (1) get vaxxed; OR (2) you get tested regularly. Hardly a mandate if you can opt for another path. And if a business wants to mandate it, it's their choice. I remember a day when the GOP believed in free enterprise and the invisible hand of the market. Even so, I actually agree that government shouldn't say either way: they should let the individual business decide what it wants to do to mitigate business risk.
States' rights... right?
So you good with that WestWyo? WA can fire Rolo and TX can do what they want or are you a hypocrite?
Haha, I was pointing out the hypocrisy of the other post, but nice attempt to flip it.

Still is a difference... Texas bill = straight up telling every female citizen what they can't do with their body. Washington = giving a small subset of the population a choice between vaccination (a shot with low to zero downside) or finding a non-government job.

Having said that, I don't agree with the Washington mandate. They should have allowed weekly testing as a third option.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Does anyone know if the Washington mandate went through the legislature of did the crazy c-word just snap her fingers and make it so?

The Texas abortion bill at least went through some kind is legislative process but yeah murdering babies is the same thing as “women can’t do what they want with their bodies”. If we’re going that route, I believe men should be able to opt out of fatherhood and not have any financial liabilities if they choose no and the woman decides to keep the baby. We’ve decide it’s the fathers baby if she keeps it, but if she doesn’t he has no say and she can just murder his child. It’s insane. I definitely don’t think we can force a woman to have a child in this circumstance but you also shouldn’t be able to force fatherhood on a man. That’s the fix.
W-Y, Until I Die!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 115 times

WestWYOPoke wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:51 pm
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:00 pm
States' rights... right?
Haha, I was pointing out the hypocrisy of the other post, but nice attempt to flip it.

Still is a difference... Texas bill = straight up telling every female citizen what they can't do with their body. Washington = giving a small subset of the population a choice between vaccination (a shot with low to zero downside) or finding a non-government job.

Having said that, I don't agree with the Washington mandate. They should have allowed weekly testing as a third option.
Read post above... no hypocrisy. I said if WA wants a totalitarian regime, that's their right. Mid-terms are going to be interesting.

Of course you see a difference but your hypocrisy knows no bounds. My body, my choice, right? States rights, right? Don't like it? Just move away from TX, right?
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
Cowduck
Cowpoke

It’s almost as if subverting your individual desires to the well-being of the collective is sometimes required for a team to be successful, and it’s almost like this whole stupid f-word thing is a metaphor for more than football.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict

Cowduck wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:27 pm It’s almost as if subverting your individual desires to the well-being of the collective is sometimes required for a team to be successful, and it’s almost like this whole stupid f##k[#] thing is a metaphor for more than football.
Easy there Cowduck, don't want to be labeled an Anti-American with that talk

:wink:

Good stuff
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

WestWYOPoke wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:21 pm
Cowduck wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:27 pm It’s almost as if subverting your individual desires to the well-being of the collective is sometimes required for a team to be successful, and it’s almost like this whole stupid f##k[#] thing is a metaphor for more than football.

Good stuff
Yeah, the rights of the individual are secondary to what a few people say is best for the collective. It’s like neither of you have even looked at the constitution. You two are dangerous.

Anyone who would use force to subvert my personal liberty or encourage the use of force to subvert my personal liberty is dangerous and is my enemy. I do not consider them fellow Americans, therefore I would not and will not sacrifice for those people. And before you lose it, just know that you’re the extremist. People trying to impose their will on others are the extremists, not the people trying to protect liberty.
W-Y, Until I Die!
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict

laxwyo wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:16 am

Good stuff
Yeah, the rights of the individual are secondary to what a few people say is best for the collective. It’s like neither of you have even looked at the constitution. You two are dangerous.

Anyone who would use force to subvert my personal liberty or encourage the use of force to subvert my personal liberty is dangerous and is my enemy. I do not consider them fellow Americans, therefore I would not and will not sacrifice for those people. And before you lose it, just know that you’re the extremist. People trying to impose their will on others are the extremists, not the people trying to protect liberty.
Then I guess the majority of the country are extremists, because - sorry to break it to you - you're in the minority on this one.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict

This is the last I'll post on this thread. My apologies to all that are here to talk UW football. IMO this football (and basketball) forum should be a politics-free space. I'm just as guilty as anyone else on this. I'll keep any political comments to the Hole in the Wall board as that is much easier to avoid for those that are here to talk sports. I hope others will do the same.
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

WestWYOPoke wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:50 am

Good stuff

Then I guess the majority of the country are extremists, because - sorry to break it to you - you're in the minority on this one.
That's what is most concerning, he is the minority. Some of you are are going to keep trusting the government until your pronouns are was/were.
I'm good for 3!
Cowduck
Cowpoke

Good stuff

==👊==D💦💦
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

Cornpoke wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:47 am
WestWYOPoke wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:50 am

Good stuff

That's what is most concerning, he is the minority. Some of you are are going to keep trusting the government until your pronouns are was/were.
If he lives in western Wyoming he’s definitely in a tiny minority. Based on Biden’s approval he’s also in the minority. If he lives anywhere but a large city, he’s in the minority.

There was a time where the thought of a income tax was so extreme, they amended the constitution. Now the president makes a speech and people can get forced medical treatment. This country needs a drastic change in direction and philosophy. It starts with calling out the real extremists. f-word them.
W-Y, Until I Die!