Jake Dickert - HC Wazzu

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

Dickert was named interim head coach at Washington state. That is a very fast rise for the young coach. Worth following if he is named full time HC following the season because he could look to Wyoming to fill his staff.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

Defense is improving but I don't think we have anyone on staff that would be considered prime targets for a new coach at a P5 program. In fact, we might look at it the other direction, should this season tank and Bohl floats the R word, is he someone who we target to come back (assuming of course WSU goes another direction).?
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:50 am Dickert was named interim head coach at Washington state. That is a very fast rise for the young coach. Worth following if he is named full time HC following the season because he could look to Wyoming to fill his staff.
Maybe he would want to poach the D coordinator, but I can't believe he would want any coach on the offensive side of the ball...but I've been wrong before.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 299 times
Been liked: 119 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:50 am Dickert was named interim head coach at Washington state. That is a very fast rise for the young coach. Worth following if he is named full time HC following the season because he could look to Wyoming to fill his staff.
Frankly, I am ok with him taking some current UW coaches to fill his staff. UW needs a do-over (and to properly fund) the assistant group.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 596 times
Been liked: 238 times

McPeachy wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:20 am
Frankly, I am ok with him taking some current UW coaches to fill his staff. UW needs a do-over (and to properly fund) the assistant group.
I am happy with our defense and defensive staff. We’re business as usual on that side of the ball. Now if Dickart could take our whole offensive staff…
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

The coaches I was thinking Dickert would be most familiar with are Kaligis and Donoval. I don't personally see a benefit to losing those guys.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

On the flip side, Dickert, AJ Cooper and John Richardson could be out of a job at the end of the season. Does Wyoming look to bring any of them back if that happens?
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:55 am
The coaches I was thinking Dickert would be most familiar with are Kaligis and Donoval. I don't personally see a benefit to losing those guys.
Pete isn't going anywhere right now, although he has ties to WA. Donoval, eh, dime a dozen...plenty of S&C guys around, and who wouldn't want the job at UW with the facilities we have!
Dear Karma,

McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:01 am On the flip side, Dickert, AJ Cooper and John Richardson could be out of a job at the end of the season. Does Wyoming look to bring any of them back if that happens?
Richardson is out as we speak, Bohl should jump on him. Cooper...solid coach IMO, and would be worth a look.
Dear Karma,

Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Crazy idea... How about Rolo for HC? States like Wyoming would be a safer place for him. Rolo is a players coach, offensive minded coach who surrounds himself with quality defensive coaches.
I'm good for 3!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

Cornpoke wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:16 am Crazy idea... How about Rolo for HC? States like Wyoming would be a safer place for him. Rolo is a players coach, offensive minded coach who surrounds himself with quality defensive coaches.
First off, I obviously like the way Bohl has built up the Wyoming program from truly dark times. The rest of this season, however, will be a gauge as to where we are really at as a program.

As far as Rolo, my vote would be no. The guy brings a lot of baggage/turmoil and I don't think that would be beneficial for Wyoming in the long run as the face of the program. While vaccination is absolutely a personal choice, something to keep in mind is the difficult situation he left his assistants in. A HC leader should strive to look out for his assistants and I am not sure if Rolo did that in this situation. I do believe that Rolo won't have too much trouble finding a coordinator job somewhere.

An interesting thought would be a Craig Bohl HC with a Rolo OC...that would be like oil and water but would be interesting how a team could turn out.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

McPeachy wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:54 am
OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:01 am On the flip side, Dickert, AJ Cooper and John Richardson could be out of a job at the end of the season. Does Wyoming look to bring any of them back if that happens?
Richardson is out as we speak, Bohl should jump on him. Cooper...solid coach IMO, and would be worth a look.
I didn't know Richardson was out as well. I agree Bohl should jump and bring him in.
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:42 am
Cornpoke wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:16 am Crazy idea... How about Rolo for HC? States like Wyoming would be a safer place for him. Rolo is a players coach, offensive minded coach who surrounds himself with quality defensive coaches.
First off, I obviously like the way Bohl has built up the Wyoming program from truly dark times. The rest of this season, however, will be a gauge as to where we are really at as a program.

As far as Rolo, my vote would be no. The guy brings a lot of baggage/turmoil and I don't think that would be beneficial for Wyoming in the long run as the face of the program. While vaccination is absolutely a personal choice, something to keep in mind is the difficult situation he left his assistants in. A HC leader should strive to look out for his assistants and I am not sure if Rolo did that in this situation. I do believe that Rolo won't have too much trouble finding a coordinator job somewhere.

An interesting thought would be a Craig Bohl HC with a Rolo OC...that would be like oil and water but would be interesting how a team could turn out.
Rolo brings no baggage to state like Wyoming. An individuals medical decisions should be private and I agree should be a personal choice. The only reason it's controversial is because WSU, the state, and the media made it controversial. It's now a smear campaign of how "selfish" Rolo was when they should have just left him alone to Coach his team and make his own medical choices.

Could also be a recruiting tactic as many athletes are hesitant to have a vaccine forced upon them. "Wyoming welcomes all athletes regardless of vaccination status"
I'm good for 3!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

Cornpoke wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:00 pm

Rolo brings no baggage to state like Wyoming. An individuals medical decisions should be private and I agree should be a personal choice. The only reason it's controversial is because WSU, the state, and the media made it controversial. It's now a smear campaign of how "selfish" Rolo was when they should have just left him alone to Coach his team and make his own medical choices.

Could also be a recruiting tactic as many athletes are hesitant to have a vaccine forced upon them. "Wyoming welcomes all athletes regardless of vaccination status"

Are we talking about the same guy? Rolo had his own 'Black 14 moment.' Why would we consider bringing that issue to light again and potentially killing the program again?

From many news articles:
"But Rolovich made headlines in an unfortunate way: Broad receiver Kassidy Woods recorded a conversation with Rolovich in which the coach appeared to threaten the player if he continued to join a player empowerment movement.."
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:09 pm

Are we talking about the same guy? Rolo had his own 'Black 14 moment.' Why would we consider bringing that issue to light again and potentially killing the program again?

From many news articles:
"But Rolovich made headlines in an unfortunate way: Broad receiver Kassidy Woods recorded a conversation with Rolovich in which the coach appeared to threaten the player if he continued to join a player empowerment movement.."
OrediggerPoke is exactly right about Rolovich. f-word that guy...NEVER bring him to Wyoming. Let him go down south and disappear.
Dear Karma,

Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 43 times

McPeachy wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:21 pm

From many news articles:
OrediggerPoke is exactly right about Rolovich. f-word that guy...NEVER bring him to Wyoming. Let him go down south and disappear.
He even pulled a Dennis Erickson (remember him?) when he left Hawaii for the Wazzu job.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

Wyokie wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:34 pm
McPeachy wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:21 pm

From many news articles:
He even pulled a Dennis Erickson (remember him?) when he left Hawaii for the Wazzu job.
I didn't know that, but it certainly doesn't surprise me.
Dear Karma,

Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 43 times

McPeachy wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:48 pm
Wyokie wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:34 pm
McPeachy wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:21 pm OrediggerPoke is exactly right about Rolovich. f-word that guy...NEVER bring him to Wyoming. Let him go down south and disappear.
I didn't know that, but it certainly doesn't surprise me.
Needless to say, it royally pissed off the Hawaii fanbase much like Erickson did to ours in late 1986/early 1987.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Sucks for Richardson, he's a good dude, a great coach and a very solid recruiter. If Wyo had the chance to bring him back, they should absolutely do it. Cooper is a good coach but a total asshole.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

The guide on how to make oneself unemployable:

1) Step 1 - Threaten minority players if they join protest groups.

2) Step 2 - Sue your ex-employer and athletic director with wild claims of religious bias.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... sue-firing

You guys still want this dude at Wyoming?!?!?!