QB Competition - New Mexico

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

307bball wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:23 pm
McPeachy wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:17 pm
307bball wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:27 am
McPeachy wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:41 am
cowpoke pride wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:45 am Is the walk-on, 5th string QB that beat us last year still on New Mexico's roster this year?
Damn that was embarrassing. We made him look like Peyton Manning. I hope he is, and I hope he starts - so we can have revenge and flatten his A$$.

I think the open "competition" between Williams and Chambers is a smoke show.

NM sucks so bad, it will be hard to evaluate our performance. I think I could suit up as QB and we would win.
Serious question....what is the thought process when this is a one score game in the fourth because this could definitely be.
My thought process? Forget another season of UW football. Stick a fork in us, we will be luck to get to 7 wins. :thumbdown:
Yeah...that is kind of where I was at after the UCONN game....I had to ask myself "what kind of team struggles mightily with UCONN, Montana, and SIU?"....I guess now we know. :(
No we don’t know. I’m sure there is some team out there playing both Montana and southern Illinois though.
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 60 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:40 pm
307bball wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:23 pm
McPeachy wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:17 pm
307bball wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:27 am
cowpoke pride wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:45 am Is the walk-on, 5th string QB that beat us last year still on New Mexico's roster this year?
Damn that was embarrassing. We made him look like Peyton Manning. I hope he is, and I hope he starts - so we can have revenge and flatten his A$$.

NM sucks so bad, it will be hard to evaluate our performance. I think I could suit up as QB and we would win.
Serious question....what is the thought process when this is a one score game in the fourth because this could definitely be.
My thought process? Forget another season of UW football. Stick a fork in us, we will be luck to get to 7 wins. :thumbdown:
Yeah...that is kind of where I was at after the UCONN game....I had to ask myself "what kind of team struggles mightily with UCONN, Montana, and SIU?"....I guess now we know. :(
No we don’t know. I’m sure there is some team out there playing both Montana and southern Illinois though.
Doh... Ive been calling them southern Illinois all year..lol... No matter though. We still suck...meh
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 11 times

Both are F###en horrible.
cowpoke pride
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

Is the walk-on, 5th string QB that beat us last year looking to transfer? We could use him.
Damn today was beyond embarrassing.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

cowpoke pride wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:31 pm

Is the walk-on, 5th string QB that beat us last year looking to transfer? We could use him.
Damn today was beyond embarrassing.
Why would he transfer? He beat us again yesterday and looked comfortable in that offense.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

The handling of the QB position has been nothing short of little league, and, after my experiences with little league, equating it to little league is too generous. Indecisive, back and forth in game, and overall incompetency.

There is no other way to put it and no way Bohl can defend it. Embarrassing. Was Vigen masking Chambers' abilities or was he masking Bohl's and Chambers'?
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

A day later and I still can’t fathom how chambers got back in the game. Blatant favoritism is being displayed
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:52 pm A day later and I still can’t fathom how chambers got back in the game. Blatant favoritism is being displayed
Yep. Players can no longer trust the coaches. Every word out of Bohl’s mouth about earning your spot and on field performance will now be viewed as utter BS. That is exactly how a team and a program is lost. I’m afraid we are about to enter into some Koenning esque dark days.
HR_Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

LanderPoke wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:52 pm A day later and I still can’t fathom how chambers got back in the game. Blatant favoritism is being displayed
They pulled Williams after neyor fumbled the handoff. Williams took the blame.
They also didn't trust Williams to run the 2 minute drill.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

HR_Poke wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:30 pm
If this is true this makes Bohl look even stupider. Neyor dropped the ball, not Williams and why should Williams, a better passer, run the two minute. I'm done with Bohl .
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:33 am
If this is true this makes Bohl look even stupider. Neyor dropped the ball, not Williams and why should Williams, a better passer, run the two minute. I'm done with Bohl .
In my opinion it might have been Williams fault. On a read option like that, he really needs to stick it in his belly and he didn’t. He had it floating out there and let it go. Neyor had no idea. That’s my take, it could be wrong
W-Y, Until I Die!
HR_Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

laxwyo wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:37 am
LanderPoke wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:33 am
In my opinion it might have been Williams fault. On a read option like that, he really needs to stick it in his belly and he didn’t. He had it floating out there and let it go. Neyor had no idea. That’s my take, it could be wrong
I watched the slow mo and it looked like he hit him right in the sternum with the ball. 7220 sports agreed too after reviewing the video. Neyor was looking ahead of himself.