QB against Fresneck?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

HR_Poke wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:05 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:49 pm
HR_Poke wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:39 am
WYO1016 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:15 am
McPeachy wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:53 am Change came too late. Any A$$ seated in the War on Saturday knew that. Why didn't the coaches?

The fatty from Iowa sure isn't panning out well...maybe he should have stuck to coaching O line in P5, as he isn't any better than the last f##k[#].
I agree about the change needing to happen sooner, but I do think that Polasek is a step up, especially in the play-calling department.
I agree, a lot more attacking the edge besides jet sweeps we got with Vigen, and more passing and screens. Just don't have a QB to run that kind of offense.

Should have switched QBs at halftime. It was obvious Chambers wasn't going to get better mentally.
Every time we run a screen it's an awesome play. I'm a fan of our screens. We don't do them enough. We have a play that's consistently good, so it makes sense we don't do it a lot. Better to run it up the middle for 1.0 - 2.2 yards per time
So the problem with our screens is all the opposing DB's play up to the LOS on us so it makes it a challenge to get any yardage on screens. The last two games we haven't been running a ton up the middle. The AF game most of our runs were to the outside which ran into the same issue. AF had their DB's and OLB right there every time and we didn't get much. It took a long time for us to give up the edge attack and start running it up the middle.
I don't see much of a problem with our screens. They seem to do really well when we do them. That's why I said that our screens do well and we should do them more. If there is a big threat that opposing teams can get burned by a screen that should slow down their pass rush somewhat. in theory. And hopefully give us some more time to throw and for our long, slow developing routes to happen.