Offense.....JC QB or transfer portal

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 11 times

There is no excuse in 2021 to have 4 yards of offense near halftime. Delay of game call before our first offensive play...geeez. Bohl's offense sucks period. Chambers does not have it upstairs. He makes bad decisions and horrendous throws. I just cannot believe there is no one on the roster better. He should hit the JC route or the transfer portal. Pokes will lose at least 3 mores because of this. 8-4.
HR_Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

They have better options on the roster. Honestly I'm not sure what the logic for chambers starting is beyond seniority.
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

Does anyone remember that Josh Allen guy and how he was a mediocre passer under Bohl? How many bad passers do we need to have in Laramie before we start pointing the finger at the staff for being dog poop with quarterbacks?
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

DVDA wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:59 am Does anyone remember that Josh Allen guy and how he was a mediocre passer under Bohl? How many bad passers do we need to have in Laramie before we start pointing the finger at the staff for being dog Sh#t with quarterbacks?
I do think this staff's ability at QB recruitment and development is GROSSLY overestimated. QB has been one of the biggest Achilles heels of the team. I think Sean highlights that. Good kid, works hard, and flashes really good traits. However, the inconsistency has been consistent. They haven't been able to harness the good parts of his game and minimize the bad. He does play well at times, so the skill set is there but the staff hasn't been able to build on and sustain his successes within a game.

Definitely a fair criticism imo.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

A JC stud like Wallwork would be great
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

LanderPoke wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:48 pm A JC stud like Wallwork would be great
Williams reminds me a lot of Wallwork in terms of skill set. It’s not really fair to judge Williams last year when he was playing at about 50%.

That said and I’ve been saying it for years, chambers deserves to be on the field. If I was coaching, I’d have formations where chambers is lined up at RB or TE with Williams at QB. That would be a matchup nightmare for the opposing team.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

If Chambers has lost his big run ability and Williams is a marginally better passer, it makes sense that we judge opt for Williams. It’s possible they aren’t running chambers in hope that he can last a whole year. That being said, chambers wins games and I don’t care how we win
W-Y, Until I Die!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

laxwyo wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:05 am If Chambers has lost his big run ability and Williams is a marginally better passer, it makes sense that we judge opt for Williams. It’s possible they aren’t running chambers in hope that he can last a whole year. That being said, chambers wins games and I don’t care how we win
I'm thinking that Williams is just as inconsistent, but I could be wrong. It seems Bohl had mentioned something about both QBs being inconsistent coming out of Spring.

My fear is that the QB situation is something that needs addressed in the offseason; probably needed addressed this past offseason. I think the elephant in the room is that most QBs (and likely receivers) look at WYO and give it a hard pass due to our historical offensive production and philosophy. The Josh Allen effect has either passed or is greatly overestimated.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 11 times

Bohl wont be fired after this year, he will get 1 more year. He better go get a transfer or JC kid. He wont win more than 6 games with the QB's that are on this roster, Or he will be definitely be gone after next year.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

WyoVaquero wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:35 pm Bohl wont be fired after this year, he will get 1 more year. He better go get a transfer or JC kid. He wont win more than 6 games with the QB's that are on this roster, Or he will be definitely be gone after next year.
Don’t think it matters who the QB is. I think they have actually recruited pretty decent to good QB’s.

The problem is that when they get here they get taught wrong or developed wrong and end up a lot worse off then when they first showed up.

When a 1st round QB has a terrible year here it’s not that hard to figure out where the problem lies.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 75 times

Things were hardly pretty with Williams in the game yesterday. I saw 2 missed TD throws to Neyor and an absolute duck of a 5 yard pass that was so bad that our most reliable receiver couldn't even come down with it. I don't think we have the guy we need on this roster. The fact that it took as long as it did for Chambers to be pulled yesterday, while the game continued to be in reach, says to me that the staff doesn't trust Williams. It seems to me that all the talk from Bohl about the neck and neck QB competition was mostly just talk to force some other teams to watch tape on both of them. Either that or they were "neck and neck" with poor QB play, and Chambers was the guy they went with because of his status as a captain and running ability. Even if that were the case, after 4 quarters of no points and a game within reach, you have to make the move if there's a backup you trust. We don't have one.
sandiegopoke
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 76 times
Been liked: 15 times

Are our QBs just being chased too much? Maybe we need to work on the O-Line too....
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

sandiegopoke wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:01 pm Are our QBs just being chased too much? Maybe we need to work on the O-Line too....
It’s weird but chambers seems to me to be better when the pocket breaks down. When he is not in the move, his accuracy is shockingly bad. Williams is not as mobile and needs the protection.
HR_Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:32 pm
sandiegopoke wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:01 pm Are our QBs just being chased too much? Maybe we need to work on the O-Line too....
It’s weird but chambers seems to me to be better when the pocket breaks down. When he is not in the move, his accuracy is shockingly bad. Williams is not as mobile and needs the protection.
unless he's rolling left. Throwing across your body is tough, but he seems to be worse than most at it. He does better rolling right, I think it's because he's overthinking everything. He struggles in the pocket too, there were several times on saturday he got happy feet and started scrambling when he just needed to step up and make the throw. He had time and protection.