Bohl Must go…. I was the first to say Edwards

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
bullpoke
Buckaroo

Needed to go but Bohl is an idiot and needs to go. First he punts when he should have went for it (nice punt btw). But it was still the wrong call.. then we go for it when we could have kicked a fg to extend the game and at least try an onside and we then go for it on 4th down???? We were the most overrated 4-0 team I have seen… we really are not good. Bohl has ALWAYS been to conservative and I would rather lose by trying to win a game than lose by trying not to lose a game like he does. I’m done with Bohl
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

I was waiting for the first “fire Bohl” thread after a loss. Congrats.
W-Y, Until I Die!
bullpoke
Buckaroo

You satisfied with a 42 and 45 record… really lax… It’s not because of one game lax This IS Bohl… .44 winning coach … that sucks. Unless your ok with less than mediocre? He needs to go. So what if we get a worse coach… so we might end up with a worse winning percentage… so what they would both be losers. I’d rather at least take a chance.
cowpoke pride
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

But ESPN named us the most stable program in the country!??!??!

Its a dangerous game, talking about firing the best coach in last 21 years in Laramie.

That being said, going 8-6 with Josh Allen at quarterback, isn't going to cut it for your best accomplishment in 8 attempts.
johnywyo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 1 time

Just suffice to say, damned if we do or if we don't. We executed poorly against AFA and UConn. If this pattern continues, at a minimum we should shake up the lineup. How this team responds vs Fresno at home will show us if both Sawell and Polasek are worth a sh/t.

We had our chances tonite and given the penalties, dropped snaps, missed assignments and lack of adjusting- AF took it to us. I personally think Levi needs a shot. Bohl looked frustrated with Sawell in 2nd half, our D normally plays solid against AF, tonite we were abused. Shake it up, Craig the injuns are restless. And yes, we do have some good athletes coming into our program, lets play them. Next man up!
At the molecular level all mankind is a brilliant super-nova.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

It’s true. We won’t be undefeated this year. At least wait until we’re 0-3 in conference.

I saw a division winner lose to a bad eastern Michigan team so I’m not going to lose it when we lose to a good AF team.
W-Y, Until I Die!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

bullpoke wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:32 pm You satisfied with a 42 and 45 record… really lax… It’s not because of one game lax This IS Bohl… .44 winning coach … that sucks. Unless your ok with less than mediocre? He needs to go. So what if we get a worse coach… so we might end up with a worse winning percentage… so what they would both be losers. I’d rather at least take a chance.
If you drop the first 2 seasons, (the ones we agreed he’d have a pass on) he’s 36-27, 2-1 in bowls and 1 division title. I wouldn’t call that fireable.
W-Y, Until I Die!
HR_Poke
Cowpoke

Chambers should be benched. He's not a D1 QB.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

Signed UNM after bidding Rocky adieu..

I think HR is closer to right.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 60 times

I hate the coaching carousel... But I do believe we are witnessing the post-peak decline that every coach at Wyoming this century has had. The pattern is getting predictable at this point..

1. Coach takes over a bad situation.
2. New coach struggles initially, but since they at least know what they are doing, they get their guys in and start turning it around.
3. The peak... This is a couple years of bowl games where it seems like we are on they cusp of finally ascending up to the level of program that is reloading and competing for and winning conference championships.
4. The decline.... Whatever was working to get the program to the peak stops working and losses begin to mount. The War Memorial stadium gets empty, and fan engagement falls off a cliff.

Can Bohl buck this trend? I mean .. I guess he's got a chance.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

8th year is my take, we weren't going to go undefeated it just isn't the UW way, but...the same vanilla offenses against one of our rivals, and to have had 2 weeks to prepare for that debacle, just isn't the way we would like it headed into the meat of our conference season. It just seems same ol same ol and that's what is the most frustrating thing. We still have alot of season left, but I expect adjustments and follow thrus to those adjustments and winning games we are spozed to and steal one against (an awakened giant with that win at BYU) Boise. Let's see how bad they want it against a purdy good Fresno St Bulldog team next week(I'm thinking under the lights) 8-4 is still my thoughts but better than that is acceptable as well. Cmon Pokes regroup and Get Er Done!!!!
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

HR_Poke wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:24 pm Chambers should be benched. He's not a D1 QB.
I'm not sure I agree with this but the guy behind him is about 2 steps down. We simply do not get good qbs to come here. Other than Josh and Brett Smith, we've had a whole lot of mediocre qbs in the last 20 years. Some were'nt even mediocre.

We managed 14 points against a defense that gave up 48 to Utah State on their home field. We couldn't even get into the red zone the entire second half. I'm frustrated too. But we have what we have. Putting a TVW clone on the field isn't going to make things any better.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:27 pm Signed UNM after bidding Rocky adieu..

I think HR is closer to right.
Yep!

This thread topic is ridiculous.
HR_Poke
Cowpoke

bladerunnr wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:53 am
HR_Poke wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:24 pm Chambers should be benched. He's not a D1 QB.
I'm not sure I agree with this but the guy behind him is about 2 steps down. We simply do not get good qbs to come here. Other than Josh and Brett Smith, we've had a whole lot of mediocre qbs in the last 20 years. Some were'nt even mediocre.

We managed 14 points against a defense that gave up 48 to Utah State on their home field. We couldn't even get into the red zone the entire second half. I'm frustrated too. But we have what we have. Putting a TVW clone on the field isn't going to make things any better.
Both Williams and the transfer from Utah outplayed chambers in springball. Chambers hit 30% of his passes thst day too. Williams had issues but his completion percentage was in the mid 50% and he didn't constantly underthrow. If chambers isn't a running threat anymore than any QB on the roster that isn't named beerup is a vast improvement.
J-Bone
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 11 times

That was a good Air Force team we faced on the road.

Penalties screwed us once again.

No excuse for the number of bad throws, but Chambers does have the ability to make plays. Need more hot and less cold.

Looking forward to Fresno at home next week. 🤠
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

We all knew AFA was going to be a tough game and they are solid. The thing that irks me is Bohl had two weeks to prepare and we still looked unprepared and undisciplined. Mistakes, penalties, poor coaching decisions with that much time to prepare is just frustrating to watch.
I'm good for 3!
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

I don't think Bohl has to go. We have stability, we've got 3 eight win seasons in our last 5 seasons, with only one losing season during that time. We've won 2 bowl games. Our attendance is better than it ever has been. He did all that while having to make wholesale changes on his defensive coaching staff as guys get picked up by other programs. I think he's doing a very good job.

Chambers, on the other hand, people say he might win a lot and he does. Still, I have to believe that his ceiling is lower than any other qb on our roster. He's not going to win games completing 30-60 percent of his passes unless we're playing garbage teams. I just don't see him getting much better. He makes bad decisions frequently and he's been in the program for 4 or 5 years now.

I still have hopes for this season but I don't have hopes for Chambers. I don't think he's going to get much better. They should move him to running back.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

HR_Poke wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:13 am

Both Williams and the transfer from Utah outplayed chambers in springball. Chambers hit 30% of his passes thst day too. Williams had issues but his completion percentage was in the mid 50% and he didn't constantly underthrow. If chambers isn't a running threat anymore than any QB on the roster that isn't named beerup is a vast improvement.
Let's not compare spring ball to actual games. We got a good dose of Levi last year and he made Chambers look like Tom Brady. I can't speak to the other qb. But I've heard Bohl refer to Chambers as the leader of the team. So I wouldn't be expecting a change any time soon.
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

I still can't wrap my head around why you don't kick the field goal in a 2 possession game. Hoyland is fully capable of making that kick. I realize the snap may be an issue but you a kick a field goal in that situation.

On the other hand I don't have a problem with punting when we did. It flips the field and the potential for a turnover or a quick score changes everything at that point.
I'm good for 3!
HR_Poke
Cowpoke

bladerunnr wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:57 am
HR_Poke wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:13 am

Let's not compare spring ball to actual games. We got a good dose of Levi last year and he made Chambers look like Tom Brady. I can't speak to the other qb. But I've heard Bohl refer to Chambers as the leader of the team. So I wouldn't be expecting a change any time soon.
If you can't complete passes in a low pressure situation how the hell are you going to do it in a game. He didn't make chambers look like Tom Brady at all, he tried too hard to be Josh Allen and make things happen. It wasn't until he jacked his ribs and shoulder but still kept playing that he got worse than chambers. He had a completion rate of 50% with terrible receivers and a poop OC. I'll take that over noodle arms 39% any day.