UConn is terrible, do your rest everybody that's dinged up?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

I think the coaching staff will rest our questionable guys, giving them the UConn week and the bye week to get ready for the dirty, cut blocking a-holes in Colorado Springs.

To me, UConn looks terrible enough to do that and get away with it. If it doesn't work, and we aren't comfortably in control of that game, you could still play them. I just think this is a great opportunity for Wyoming to get healthy before conference season starts.

I don't know how many guys we have that are dinged up. Welch is definitely one. Neyor was limping early in the game, although you couldn't tell later in the game.

To me this seems like a really good opportunity the way the schedule lays out to go into conference season firing and ready.
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

Nope. Not with the bye after. Hopefully get out in front far enough to play backups the second half.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

29 point favorites. Uconn SUCKS
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

UConn may be bad, but until we start, consistently, playing at a high level, and not down to those we're favored against, I say we play the starters until necessary.
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 16 times

Hell no! Bring the wood next week. Never underestimate any D1 opponent.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 300 times
Been liked: 119 times

phxpoke wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:35 pm Hell no! Bring the wood next week. Never underestimate any D1 opponent.
This. And we already learned a 27 point lead isn't safe when it comes to UW Football. So, if the pokes go up 35 or 42 heading into the 4th, rest all the starters then.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

McPeachy wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:23 am
phxpoke wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:35 pm Hell no! Bring the wood next week. Never underestimate any D1 opponent.
This. And we already learned a 27 point lead isn't safe when it comes to UW Football. So, if the pokes go up 35 or 42 heading into the 4th, rest all the starters then.
Agree with the above! The POKES aren't a polished product yet. They need more work that only gamedays provide.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
WYO_Fan_inPA
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 12 times

Traveling to the east coast could mess with our heads a bit. So no reason to take this game lightly. UConn is terrible, and it has been pointed out above... we tend to play down to the level of our opponents... which we cannot afford to here. The big point spread is misleading... just win the game.
jessejames02
Ranch Hand

If those UCONN kids have a game to fight for, this week is it. After the bad news for the coaches I'd expect them to either give it their all or totally give up. I think we'll know by the end of the first.
52-56
gopokes1399
Blog Team

We are flying across the country for a football game and the team is pretty damn healthy... we aren't resting anyone... no game is more important than the next one
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

They just talked about this on the Sports Zone. They're of the consensus opinion that everyone should play.

I think I'm still giving anyone that left the game limping last week a couple of weeks off.

Bohl's old school though. You can bet your ass they're going to play.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Old-Bull wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:34 pm
Bohl's old school though. You can bet your A$$ they're going to play.
Bingo!

Bohl won't rest anyone that is able to play. There might be one or two guys that are questionable to play and maybe will be suited up, but only "in case of emergency", but everyone healthy will play.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 78 times

Can't fool around even against this team. Get up 45 points in the second half and then suit up the equipment guy and water boy for all I care.
WyomingAgJ
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 16 times

The starters are playing but it appears they thought they could sleep walk through this one
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

Old-Bull wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:43 pm I think the coaching staff will rest our questionable guys, giving them the UConn week and the bye week to get ready for the dirty, cut blocking a-holes in Colorado Springs.

To me, UConn looks terrible enough to do that and get away with it. If it doesn't work, and we aren't comfortably in control of that game, you could still play them. I just think this is a great opportunity for Wyoming to get healthy before conference season starts.

I don't know how many guys we have that are dinged up. Welch is definitely one. Neyor was limping early in the game, although you couldn't tell later in the game.

To me this seems like a really good opportunity the way the schedule lays out to go into conference season firing and ready.
As we are seeing, this team is not and will not ever be good enough to rest players against any team.
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

:rofl:
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 61 times

I'd like to declare a moratorium on all threads like this one...I know with my logical mind that they should not make any difference but my superstitions sports fan self can't help but wonder if we are playing with jinx stuff when we start to have conversations like this. (I'm only partly kidding) :eek:
jessejames02
Ranch Hand

No.

No.
52-56
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

Never in doubt. We rested Welch and made it out of Uconn with a convincing victory. ;)
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

Old-Bull wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:28 pm Never in doubt. We rested Welch and made it out of Uconn with a convincing victory. ;)
Haha. You do make a great point though as to Welch’s impact. The tight end play seemed to drop off significantly without Welch. Hopefully he can make it back for AF with the sprained ankle.